Vlogger monetizes the abuse of his children

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Vlogger monetizes the abuse of his children

Postby Aquila89 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:21 pm

KleinerKiller wrote:The fans of these "pranks" eat this up and have told DaddyOFive that Cody obviously just has anger issues or a mental disorder.

How's that an excuse? That'd make the whole thing even worse.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby skrotkanon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Aquila89 wrote:
KleinerKiller wrote:The fans of these "pranks" eat this up and have told DaddyOFive that Cody obviously just has anger issues or a mental disorder.

How's that an excuse? That'd make the whole thing even worse.

No you see, Cody just can't take a joke! He's overreacting! Crying like a little bitch! What a fag amirite!?

skrotkanon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Sleepyhead

Postby sunglasses » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am

So, not excusing this guy's behavior (my father did many similar things to me-just off camera and it's worked out so, so wonderfully so I feel very strongly about this) BUT he's having a bit of a meltdown on twitter. Apparently he's getting death threats.

Death threats are never cool.

https://twitter.com/MikeMartin1982?s=09

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby skooma » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:19 am

I was thinking the shelf slamming is what CPS would have to look into. We don't want the channel shut down, someone needs to find out where they are and get the local CPS number. Normal people calling in and speaking intelligently to them about this could help.

A doctor is ideal for intervention and getting authorities involved, but the guy knew enough to make a video lying about the bleeding, so it's just too unlikely. But it's apparently nearly impossible to really hide the location and appropriate authorities could definitely find it.

Nearly all the hits I got on search were about how to support and work with families, it was hard to find what little I posted. I knew CPS is badly limited, but fuck. Also I'm a little surprised no one else realized this is a "textbook" description of an abusive family, very much including a designated victim and using the other kids that way. The different part is the vlogging; the followers instead of people helping is what shocks me.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:27 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 am

ghijkmnop wrote:OK-- this is probably a candidate for the "controversial beliefs" thread, but if all the parties in the video are complicit (even eventually), based on kid responses, then this is the same as all the Ball Stomping Videos. They cater to an asshole audience that pays for it.

DaddyOfFive claims he has his children's permission to post the videos, but there is reason to doubt the truth of this. There are a number of videos where Cody hysterically screams things like "get out of my room" "stop filming me" "don't do that again" and "I'm going to burn the house down." At the end of the videos, it's clear the victims of the pranks are unamused.

Even if he does have permission, which is really unlikely, their consent is uninformed and potentially coerced. In the apology video Cody is asked if he's traumatized, and he responds "I don't know what that means, but no." Not very convincing. The kids also express the belief that all other parents physically beat their kids, so they have it good by not being beaten. It's obvious these parents are lying to their kids. I also believe it's likely the parents are incentivizing the kids to appear in videos by offering things like iPads and Disney World trips.

Your ball stomping analogy is a weird one. I assume this is fetish content made by consenting adults.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 am

ghijkmnop wrote:Yes it is.

My point still stands-- the family (yes-- all of them) is getting rich on assholes who get off on this crap.

Yeah, fuck those kids who're getting demeaned, assaulted, and having their ability to trust other human beings permanently fucked up by the people who should be raising and loving them! They're getting money and toys eventually!

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 am

My point still stands-- the family (yes-- all of them) is getting rich on assholes who get off on this crap.

I'm honestly really confused about what your point is. Why is getting rich relevant? And are people who watch ball busting videos assholes?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 am

I managed to watch five seconds of one video before turning it off, officially placing the video in my "maybe not abuse but it makes me deeply uncomfortable" mental category. Lots of things live there, and now this does too.

I don't understand who enjoys watching these videos.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm not sure why he hasn't just turned off twitter for a bit?

There have been a LOT of people now on Youtube talking about this.

And apparently, the mother in the video's is Cody's step mother which....makes this all worse to me.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:My point is that the kids are all in on it

If you can watch the footage, see all of the psychological evidence that the kids have been lied to and conditioned, and still insist on that, I don't know what to say to you.

ghijkmnop wrote: and yes-- people who get joy out of watching videos of people having pain inflicted on them are assholes. These things wouldn't exist if there weren't an audience gleefully paying money to watch them.

1) I appreciate you taking such a brave stand against people with S&M fetishes. Lord knows we don't like their kind around here.

2) So which is it? If the kids are all consenting and perfectly in cahoots with their parents, then there's no real problem with people liking the videos, because it's all fake. If they're not and it is actual abuse (as -- again -- every shred of evidence points to), then there's no reason for you to be going on this tangent about how the kids are getting money and the real assholes are the ones who watch. I grow ever more baffled the more you try to explain this.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Tesseracts » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:
KleinerKiller wrote:

Yeah, fuck those kids who're getting demeaned, assaulted, and having their ability to trust other human beings permanently fucked up by the people who should be raising and loving them! They're getting money and toys eventually!

My point is that the kids are all in on it, and yes-- people who get joy out of watching videos of people having pain inflicted on them are assholes. These things wouldn't exist if there weren't an audience gleefully paying money to watch them.

What about people who enjoy being in pain and deliberately seek out pain? Are they assholes?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext