Your local news

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Your local news

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:32 pm

It looks like a human pincushion.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Tess found this one, but it's still exciting: an Austin inventor has come up with a way to make undetectable guns at home. I'd like to see Hillary Hussein Pelosi take away our Second Amendment rights now!

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Askias » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Unlike most national governments, the Dutch Second Chamber did not, before last week, contain a Dutch flag. The room was designed without one and nobody really bothered with it until the populists and the conservatives made a motion to have a flag placed, and nobody wanted to be the anti-flag party so it passed without protest (well, the Party for Animals abstained, I believe.). So, somebody got the task of getting a Dutch flag in the Dutch second chamber. Ladies and gentemen, I give you....

... Eh, it's the idea that counts. According to the Telegraph, the whole display cost 100 euros, which seems about right if a tad overpriced. As you'd expect, the nationalists are complaining it's not imposing enough, GreenLeft wants an European flag added next to it, the conservatives want to add a cross (as a display, not to the flag itself) and the rest finds other reasons to dislike each other.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby Cobra-D » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:03 am

A man here in California is planning on launching himself in the air inside a a rocket he built himself. Why is he doing? To finally prove that the earth flat.

May favorite quote from him:

I don’t believe in science," Hughes told the AP. "I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction."

He's the hero we deserve but not the one we need.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby SandTea » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 am

My favorite part, from a different article, was that he will have to use "ball earth" math in order to even pretend to succeed in his launch. Also, a steampunk rocket to prove a flat Earth is just begging to be made into a movie. Probably with jack black...

I really hope he makes it and realizes his idiocy but I'm betting there will be some type of 'hologram earth' excuse no matter what. Unfourtunately I don't think he's actually trying to prove anything seeing as how he wants to build another one after this weekend launch to actually prove the earth is flat. This isn't his first attempt either. His previous one went something like 1000ft and injured him. Mfr, hop on a plane, amiright?

Good news is that it will be live streamed on the web somewhere. I'm going to watch that so hard that I'll feel bad.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 pm

I read about that guy, and it seems pretty obvious to me he is faking the anti-science thing. He tried to get funding for his homemade rockets for awhile, but never got enough. So, he is pretending to be a flat-earther so they will send him money.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Askias » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 pm

According to CBS (Central Bureau of Statistics), the Netherlands reached a population 17.171.717 roughly around half past twelve last night. It’s an estimate - CBS only gets periodical statistical information from cities regarding population - but it was considered newsworthy.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 am

Austin got the first snow in years. So did San Antonio and College Station, while North Texas hasn't. And Houston, apparently, is immune to snow even when Texas freezes over.

Also, Austinites have no idea how to handle snow, leading to a traffic jam on the highway well after rush hour. That article is chock-full of information on how to handle below-freezing weather, most of which I take for granted. But then most people in Austin are from Texas, Florida, and California, none of them places known for their snowfall.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:16 pm

cmsellers wrote:Austin got the first snow in years. So did San Antonio and College Station, while North Texas hasn't. And Houston, apparently, is immune to snow even when Texas freezes over.

Also, Austinites have no idea how to handle snow, leading to a traffic jam on the highway well after rush hour. That article is chock-full of information on how to handle below-freezing weather, most of which I take for granted. But then most people in Austin are from Texas, Florida, and California, none of them places known for their snowfall.

Yeah, if there was any kind of snowfall here, I would be completely out of my depth. Monday morning, there frost on my windshield, and I used a credit card to scrape a small hole that I could see out of.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:08 pm

You know. A good way to get rid of frost is to turn your car on, then turn the windshield heater on, and wait until the frost melts. Then you just use the wipers to get rid of it. Takes maybe five minutes.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm

I'd rather spend thirty seconds with a windshield scraper than get up four and a half minutes earlier. However I don't have one of those here in Texas and I suspect Creep doesn't even know what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about these things
Apparently most of them come with attached brushes now, but I'm old-school. Even in Texas I'm not using the plain kind.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:You know. A good way to get rid of frost is to turn your car on, then turn the windshield heater on, and wait until the frost melts. Then you just use the wipers to get rid of it. Takes maybe five minutes.

I would have done that, but I live in Florida and did not expect frost on my windshield, so I didn't plan an extra 5 minutes of time to wait.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Cobra-D » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Come Monday we're gonna celebrate New Years by getting lit the fucked up! I mean like legally now.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:23 pm

Cobra-D wrote:Come Monday we're gonna celebrate New Years by getting lit the fucked up! I mean like legally now.

Took long enough for you Californians to get with the times.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

PreviousNext