Your local news

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Your local news

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:22 pm

So there was a right-wing march against Marxism in Berkeley, California. There was peaceful protesting and counter-protesting, until antifa showed up.

They started chasing people and beating them up with fists, kicks, and apparently a flagpole.

That's when Al Letson, a black journalist with NPR from Jacksonville, stepped in to help.

He physically shielded the guy from the attackers with his body.

Al Letson has hosted as number of great programs (State of the re:Union, Reveal) on NPR. He is from Jacksonville but is now based out in California for his new show. I've met him a couple of times (once at the grocery store) and I have a couple of close friends who work at the NPR station and are friends with him.

I'm really glad that someone took the high road to try to make peace out of a dangerous situation.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Kivutar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:17 am

IamNotCreepy wrote:So there was a right-wing march against Marxism in Berkeley, California. There was peaceful protesting and counter-protesting, until antifa showed up.

Can I just say, fuck Antifa in the ass with a full-grown saguaro cactus.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby JamishT » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:07 am

A (what I'm calling) serial killer has been caught here in KC, it was announced today. There have been 4 older white dudes killed on local trails since August of last year, and they all seemed connected somehow, but police couldn't figure it out. They caught a break when the killer broke from his MO on Aug 13, and shot a guy in broad daylight on a city street (to be fair, it was Troost, which is basically the shadiest road in the city), and then ran back to the bus he had followed the victim off of. He left a bottle of iced tea (and DNA) behind, enabling the cops to definitively link him to two of the previous murders.

He was also my coworker's next door neighbor.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:46 pm

I've written about the constant anti-migrant and anti-Soros propaganda in Hungary. Well, now we can see the results.

In a small village called Őcsény, the owner of a local guesthouse wanted to host some refugees for a few days of vacation. Not illegal immigrants, not economic migrants, some of the few people our government designated as actual refugees. They are here lawfully and they can move freely in the country. In theory.

The inhabitants of the village responded with hysteria. On a village assembly, they shouted down the guesthouse owner and threatened him. Later on that night, the tires of his car were slashed. I quote from the article I linked:

“The people were so dismissive at the village assembly that the guesthouse owner and the civil organization couldn’t even say what their plans were,” said Őcsény mayor János Fülöp, who has since resigned. “They said things like, ‘These people are animals, they’re not even human. They’re terrorists, they’re going to blow things up and rape the children’.”

[...]
Őcsény residents told daily newspaper Magyar Nemzet that they didn’t believe the refugees would only stay for a few days. One woman said she’d heard they would be moved into vacant houses in the village, and was afraid they’d bring diseases. Another said she’d seen on television how the refugees behave: “They rape everyone.”

One local man on a bicycle approached a Magyar Nemzet journalist and insisted the residents shouldn’t interact with “political monkeys,” since every newspaper and television station works for George Soros. He considers Fenyvesi, the guesthouse owner, a “Soros agent” as well, he said.

I don't have an English language article on that yet, but today the Prime Minister expressed his approval of the behavior of Őcsény's residents. He said that it's "very correct that they expressed their opinion firmly, loudly and clearly."

Meanwhile, our government is starting yet another "national consultation" over the fictitious "Soros Plan" to flood Europe with Muslims.

Looks like we're still not afraid enough.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

Barnaby Joyce, Aussie politician best known for threatening to kill Johnny Depp's dogs, is in the news again. So a few Greens politicians discovered that they were dual citizens, or that there was a law against dual-citizens being a member of Parliament (because you're not qualified to govern a country if you were a baby somewhere else) and stepped down. Barnaby got high and mighty and said that ignorance was no excuse for breaking the rules. When it was brought to his attention that he is a dual-citizen, he went 'oh, well, I'm certainly not stepping down'. Sure.

I think it's only fair that we give him a countdown to either leave the country or be put down. It's what Pistol and Boo would want, lest Barnaby be labelled a hypocrite.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:10 am

A woman allegedly stabbed her husband with fatal results in the pediatric unit at Johns Hopkins on Friday. Their child was having a procedure done. As if that wasn't bad enough for the kid.

We spent the night in the pediatric unit Tuesday to Wednesday. *shudders*

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:19 am

I'm confused why would the Jews aka Soros want to flood Europe with muslims?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am

So this is local news from home rather than Austin, but my mother told me about it (she heard the police helicopters) and it's too good not to share. A man wanted for attempted murder escaped custody and police lost track of him. According to my mother (the news hasn't updated this yet), the police have called off the search.

The funniest thing about it to me is that he's black, for two reasons. For one: "black, five-foot-eight" is apparently all they thought they needed to describe him (they didn't even describe his clothes), and they're probably right. Outside of Greenfield (and he's running in the opposite direction from Greenfield) there are 550 black people in the entire county. (I did the calculations, and I'm actually surprised it's that many.) And in that vein: a black person in Franklin County stands out more than a black person at a Donald Trump rally, and he's running through the whitest parts of an already white area. How the fuck do you lose a short black man in rural Franklin County?

Clearly this guy is a master of both evasion and disguise and a movie needs to be made about him.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm sure that it wasn't him. It was the one armed man.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby A Combustible Lemon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Come on, phil cassidy is like 70 now.

WE ARE ALL FLOATING IN THE WINDS OF TIME. BUT YOUR CANDLE WILL FLICKER FOR SOME TIME BEFORE IT GOES OUT -- A LITTLE REWARD FOR A LIFE WELL LIVED. FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT...
A Combustible Lemon
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Grenadier

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:I'm confused why would the Jews aka Soros want to flood Europe with muslims?

Who the hell knows what excuse conspiracy theorists give. Our government officially isn't anti-Semitic (and was even defended from that charge by Netanyahu). Their excuse is that Soros is an extreme liberal who wants to destroy nations, Christianity, traditional values and whatnot, and that's why he's flooding Europe with migrants. Or because he's Satan's servant and does evil for the sake of evil - maybe that will be the new version.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby El Saico » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Our president got hospitalized around an hour ago, right before the House was supposed to vote about his second charges for corruption and obstruction of justice.

The official given reason is an "urological obstruction" - i.e. his dick got clogged.

The path to wisdom does, in fact, begin with a single step.

Where people go wrong is in ignoring all the thousand other steps that come after it. They make the single step of deciding to become one with the universe, and for some reason forget to take the logical next step of living for 70 years on a mountain and a daily bowl of rice and yak-butter tea that'd give it any kind of meaning. While evidence says that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, they’re probably all first steps.
El Saico
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Serial Hit-and-Runner

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 pm

I had a transmission fluid leak in my penis once. Suffice it to say, I kept confusing it with blood.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 am

Phil Murphy (the Democratic candidate) won the election for governor of New Jersey.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby JamishT » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 am

Kansas City is getting a new airport terminal to replace three horseshoe-shaped terminals. One terminal is already unused, there's very few eating/drink options (and no entertainment options) when you're past security. Sure, you can get off a plane and be on the sidewalk in a few minutes if you don't have a checked bag. If it's not too busy, you can get through security pretty quick too...but that's all that's good about the current setup.

75% of voters today (including yours truly) passed a referendum that said we want a single $1 billion dollar terminal. It's supposed to be fully funded without any tax money, and I'm hoping that ticket prices won't increase too much.

Current situation

Possible future situation

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult