Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby 52xMax » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:13 am

52xMax wrote:I've been hearing about this for weeks, but I dismiss it for the same reason I dismiss other unsubstantiated claims of all kinds, such as, I don't know, Russian hackers backed by Putin messing with the US elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/us/po ... sults.html

But what was that again? I know what it's not: evidence.

Also

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... an-hackers

Bloomberg wrote:The careful phrasing does not amount to beyond-a-reasonable-doubt attribution, which, I suspect, is not possible.

Seriously, they're even blaming the Russians for spreading "fake news", along with known Trump shill Mark Zuckerberg. And then there's Jill Stein saying they rigged the votes on swing states (while simultaneously making Hillary win the popular vote by 2 million, for reasons) that Trump is in on all of it (because something something Trump hotel) and that they killed Castro.

Or, you know, Occam's razor again.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Learned Nand » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm

I think you and Crimson are talking past each other. Crimson was giving an example of Russian hackers meddling in the US elections; you gave a quote about whether Russian hackers interfered with voting machines specifically. We know that Russian hackers were responsible for leaked emails, and that these leaks were likely intended to push the election to Trump. We also know that there was almost certainly no hacking of voting machines, or other direct distortion of the vote itself.

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Yes because all child traffickers are clever enough to use a kids pizza place as a front organization.

Good thing that nutjob had a gun though because could you imagine him liberating a bunch of children from a theoretical basement dungeon without one? I mean, I could but it would result in a low kill count and he'd be easier to capture so he might've failed the mission as a result.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby 52xMax » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:23 pm

I highlighted the relevant parts from the quote he objected to do he'd see what I was talking about. As far as we know and authorities are concerned, there's no link between any of the hacks and the Russian government. The Bloomberg article I linked even admits it might be impossible to prove such a connection. Not that simple things such as facts have ever stopped people from trying to maintain a crumbling narrative.

I was also referring to rigging the vote and people such as Jill Stein insisting the system was tampered, though I admit my wording of that phrase was a bit ambiguous. In any case, that wasn't even the point I was trying to make and now we've gone off topic.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby Learned Nand » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:30 pm

52xMax wrote:I highlighted the relevant parts from the quote he objected to do he'd see what I was talking about. As far as we know and authorities are concerned, there's no link between any of the hacks and the Russian government.

The article you linked says the exact opposite of this. From the official's statement:

The Kremlin probably expected that publicity surrounding the disclosures that followed the Russian Government-directed compromises of e-mails from U.S. persons and institutions, including from U.S. political organizations, would raise questions about the integrity of the election process that could have undermined the legitimacy of the President-elect.

(emphasis added).

Multiple federal intelligence officials have also arrived at the same conclusion. It's pretty uncontroversial at this point that the email hacks during the election were directed by Russia. That doesn't imply the veracity of any vote-rigging allegations, of course, but neither then does the lack of evidence for vote-rigging allegations relegate Russian-directed email hacks to the status of conspiracy theory.

Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Click for a Limerick
OrangeEyebrows wrote:There once was a guy, Aviel,
whose arguments no one could quell.
He tested with Turing,
his circuits fried during,
and now we'll have peace for a spell.
Learned Nand
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Auditor of Reality

Postby sunglasses » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:21 pm

So, about that pizza 'spiracy

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Aquila89 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Kivutar wrote:This pizza stuff can be filed under "Obvious Nonsense"

There's no such thing anymore. The idea that Trump should be president was obvious nonsense, and yet here we are.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm a bad American because all this thread makes me want to do is order pizza for lunch.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Cobra-D » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:32 pm

reallifegirl wrote:I'm a bad American because all this thread makes me want to do is order pizza for lunch.

Spoiler: show

Fun fact: a pizza will be the healthiest thing you eat because it includes everything from the food pyramid.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby DashaBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Yes because all child traffickers are clever enough to use a kids pizza place as a front organization.

And it all happens in their non-existent basement, too. Don't forget that.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Postby blehblah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 pm

DashaBlade wrote:
iMURDAu wrote:Yes because all child traffickers are clever enough to use a kids pizza place as a front organization.

Pffft, details.

Mind, had the guy shown-up with a backhoe, permits, and a few structural engineers, he could have had a case for digging-up proof, via an HGTV show.

"Look, I know that you know that we all know that you want a basement, and tunnels, to facilitate a Clinton pedophile ring-thingy, and haven't you always wanted a basement? Eh? Of course you do! You signed the release, so move aside."

Geraldo, "This should be a multi-day live event!"

Blitzer, "This just in, in the Situation Room *requisite sound*, digging under the Pizza Bingo Cosmic Pong Ping in search of clues, or possibly, lost balls. Anderson..."

RT, "Trump is great builder, he get to bottom of this, he is great at getting to bottoms *muffled laughter*"

MSNBC, "Building tunnels connecting to a pizza joint is suddenly a good idea, after us asking for it for years? Fuck-you, Obama!"

Fox News, "Someone renew Kelly's contract... NOW! Oh, we're live? Eeerrrmmm... is anyone here slightly insane and named Sean?"

Breitbart, "The hidden secret behind the Comet Ping Pong renovation contracts - maybe not Jews"

Facebook news feeds, "The hidden secret of the Comet Ping Pong pedophile space renovations revealed by secret emails- totally Jews"

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:34 pm

DashaBlade wrote:

I thought that was obvious so I didn't want to seem redundant by mentioning it.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby mancityfooty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 am

I've asked for proof on this at a website.
They just linked me to wikileaks, which is about as honest as pinochio with a 12' long nose.
I trust them as far as I can throw them with two broken arms.
I brought up the snopes page on it.
No, no, they don't trust snopes.
But they then sent me a link to the snopes page about the death of the woman in haiti who was there to investigate child trafficking that rated it as not sure.
And by "they", I mean a couple of people.
I asked for proof as to why they believe this is true, and got nothing but stupidity back.
This is as dumb as the sandy hook truthers. As dumb as those who believe 9/11 was an inside job. These are the people who believe in chemtrails and how they put windows on microwaves so they'll cook your brains while you're watching your cheese melt.
Children are an obvious selling point because the idea of what they're claiming is such an atrocity. The same thing happened with the satanic cult daycares in the '80s.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:26 am

Hey. You'll rue the day when my satanic cult daycare finally raises Beelzebub and causes hell on earth.

Although, no one may really notice what with things being things as of late.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby El Saico » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:15 am

This whole thing is an exercise in IMAX-level projection.

Seems like, on some corners of the Internet, "cheese pizza" is slang for... something else with the initials CP. Yeah.
Hence how these guys managed to jump to that conclusion.

The path to wisdom does, in fact, begin with a single step.

Where people go wrong is in ignoring all the thousand other steps that come after it. They make the single step of deciding to become one with the universe, and for some reason forget to take the logical next step of living for 70 years on a mountain and a daily bowl of rice and yak-butter tea that'd give it any kind of meaning. While evidence says that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, they’re probably all first steps.
El Saico
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Serial Hit-and-Runner

PreviousNext