Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby Windy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 am

iMURDAu wrote:He is having children separated from their parents, reasons for that exist and are up for debate like many things, but that they're being separated for long periods of time is a fact. That was not being done by previous administrations. At least not being separated for more than a couple days iirc, don't feel like looking that up right now fucking yardwork to do. More immigrants are attempting to cross the border than a year ago. He's trying something, but I don't agree with the lack of follow up. It leaves cracks for people to slip through.


Those children in the article you linked were already separated from their parents before arriving at the border. Good job, you got manipulated, now go think about why snopes isn't a substitute for actual fact checking.
  • 0

User avatar
Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 3064
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:41 am
Show rep

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:32 pm

The Redcaps have a new Pizzagate: Random desert mounds in Arizona.
  • 1

"Schmibby Dibby Kabibby"- Alex Hirsch

"When in doubt, meow it out!"- Bex Taylor-Klaus
User avatar
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer
 
Posts: 12189
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Show rep
Title: Saviour of Saga

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Windy wrote:
iMURDAu wrote:He is having children separated from their parents, reasons for that exist and are up for debate like many things, but that they're being separated for long periods of time is a fact. That was not being done by previous administrations. At least not being separated for more than a couple days iirc, don't feel like looking that up right now fucking yardwork to do. More immigrants are attempting to cross the border than a year ago. He's trying something, but I don't agree with the lack of follow up. It leaves cracks for people to slip through.


Those children in the article you linked were already separated from their parents before arriving at the border. Good job, you got manipulated, now go think about why snopes isn't a substitute for actual fact checking.


In that article you say, but what about other children? If you know so much then please share the knowledge instead of being smug about it. You can claim anything you want but where's the link that backs up what you're saying? I'm interested in what you're saying but can't go by your post alone. If my link is shit to you then your lack of link isn't any different to me.

Want to debate the lack of follow up which is my main concern that you haven't addressed? I mean you can throw insults and deflect but what are you accomplishing besides the moral superiority you claim others are after?
  • 2

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
User avatar
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper
 
Posts: 6348
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 am
Location: Route 11 by Scoopalicious
Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby Kate » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Windy wrote:
iMURDAu wrote:He is having children separated from their parents, reasons for that exist and are up for debate like many things, but that they're being separated for long periods of time is a fact. That was not being done by previous administrations. At least not being separated for more than a couple days iirc, don't feel like looking that up right now fucking yardwork to do. More immigrants are attempting to cross the border than a year ago. He's trying something, but I don't agree with the lack of follow up. It leaves cracks for people to slip through.


Those children in the article you linked were already separated from their parents before arriving at the border. Good job, you got manipulated, now go think about why snopes isn't a substitute for actual fact checking.
I want to thumb this post because you are factually correct that the children who were unaccounted for were unaccompanied minors who crossed the border alone (And I also think Snopes isn't a great source in itself), but first of all the hostility is not something I want to thumb, and secondly it does still point to a system that is overwhelmed and can't keep track as is; if I am hiring a babysitter, I am not going to hire the one who has lost her own kids on several occasions but hasn't tried with someone else's kids yet. There are some logistical reasons why some of those kids are unaccounted for that are a lot less grim (like, their sponsors are family members who have a vested interest in keeping the kids here illegally instead of cooperating with immigration officials) but some of them have definitely ended up in human trafficking situations and I am not comfortable with the US government purposely separating kids from family members given that track record (and for other reasons, but the track record is the relevant one).


Here is a link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 5c3b2081d0

I'm also kind of wondering what this has to do with pizzagate. We may split this part of the discussion off into its own thread or merge it with a more appropriate one, but anyone who strongly believes it belongs here should please feel free to make a case for it.
  • 9

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
User avatar
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate
 
Posts: 2944
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 am
Location: Assembling Future Kate
Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Re: Guy fires gun in pizza shop because "pizzagate"

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:09 pm

I don't care if this gets its own thread, I probably should've started one instead of putting it here. The idea was that conspiracy theorists were all against child trafficking when it was Hillary's problem but once it became something the Trump administration would be responsible for they're okay because that's their team doing it and I was hoping to point out the hypocrisy.
  • 2

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
User avatar
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper
 
Posts: 6348
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 am
Location: Route 11 by Scoopalicious
Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gisambards and 4 guests