President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby Cobra-D » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:No, let's lock both threads and try to move on with our fucking lives.

Deplorable, this was word that was use by Trump supporters anytime he said something stupid, and yet they ignored it and now he's in charge. So now if he says something, shit's gonna have consequences and if we begin to ignore it as well, then we have no right to complain when we destroy ourselves.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I can't muster the energy to be mad at Trump. He hasn't changed what he's doing. Its America that's fucking up. We did this to ourselves. The Hispanic vote is all we've been hearing about for 8 years and how the Republicans can't ignore them, and blacks, well who among them showed up to vote? Less numbers than 4 years ago. How many women voted for Trump after all the stuff he's said, done, and been accused of *cough*pederast*cough*. So anything he does we've already cosigned.

The rich will get richer, the middle class will shrink further, no infrastructure will be taken care of, the opiate problem in this country will get worse, and neither candidate gave a single breath to speaking about these things. Well I guess tha Donald did say at a campaign stop in iirc it was New Hampshire and he couldn't believe they had a heroin problem in such a beautiful part of the country. Obama stumped on the first three things I mentioned. Hillary, if she did, wasn't very loud about those issues. Her whole campaign towards the end pretty much was "look at what this asshole said" and white bread Murica gave no fucks about that.

The assholes are the Republican establishment that Murica claims to be against. Murica decided to reward them for not holding a confirmation hearing on a Supreme Court nominee. And watch the pussy Dems roll over and not fight back against whoever Trump installs because they want to broker peace and act like the Republicans aren't going to bully them this time.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Grimstone » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:26 am

Krashlia wrote:Depends on whatever the meaning of great is bud.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Okay so Hispanics turned out more than 2012 so I'll admit I've been wrong about their turnout. I'm reading that their ranks of eligible voters is up by about 4 million although not all of them participated. They finally got rid of Joe Arpaio in Arizona so that's one trade off for a Trump presidency.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby Windy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:39 am

Trump Tweets from 2012 Resurface.

Short Version: Trump apparently thought our electoral system should be fixed because it's possible for someone to win the presidency without winning the popular vote (even though Obama won both in 2012) and that such a system is the opposite of democracy.

4 years later...

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 am

That's fantastic. Doesn't really make him any more or less of an asshole but hey gotta love social media.

Shit's like herpes.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby DanteHoratio » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:00 am

Don't know where else to put this.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby blehblah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:04 pm

I think this belongs here:

Here's a WaPo article about Trump's evolving stance on healthcare:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... obamacare/

I don't profess to understand the ins-and-outs of the American system. It sounds as though he's indicating he wants to keep a bit that guarantees people under a certain age get insurance, even if there is a pre-existing condition. Because companies would want to charge premiums based on the condition, the government would need to force them to charge based on community standards, and for poor people, subsidize said premiums, which the author argues gets the government back to Obamacare.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Cobra-D » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:17 pm

blehblah wrote:I think this belongs here:

Here's a WaPo article about Trump's evolving stance on healthcare:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... obamacare/

I don't profess to understand the ins-and-outs of the American system. It sounds as though he's indicating he wants to keep a bit that guarantees people under a certain age get insurance, even if there is a pre-existing condition. Because companies would want to charge premiums based on the condition, the government would need to force them to charge based on community standards, and for poor people, subsidize said premiums, which the author argues gets the government back to Obamacare.

So we're replacing Obamacare......with obamacare?

He should write a ammendment that protects free speech next.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby thatindianguy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:21 pm

We shouldn't be surprised the entire Trump campaign was built on insane over promising.

thatindianguy
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:49 pm

thatindianguy wrote:We shouldn't be surprised: the entire Trump campaign was built on insane over promising.

FTFY.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Piter Lauchy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:26 pm

This doesn't seem to be an asshole-y thing to me, but since there's no other general Trump thread:

What do y'all think of him doing without his presidential salary?
I just can't think of a valid reason. Maybe it's to do with arrogance, in which case hey, this is on-topic after all!

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

President Trump

Postby Marcuse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:This doesn't seem to be an asshole-y thing to me, but since there's no other general Trump thread:

I changed the title of the post I'm writing. I wouldn't go so far as to do so for anyone else, but I feel a neutral title lends itself better to coherent discussion on this board.

What do y'all think of him doing without his presidential salary?
I just can't think of a valid reason. Maybe it's to do with arrogance, in which case hey, this is on-topic after all!

It's almost certainly a PR thing. He's not taking government money that could be spent elsewhere because he's rich enough not to have to, it means he has a ready made thing to point to in order to signal his virtue to others. Trump doesn't drain resources, he serves for free because he's SO dedicated to governing America.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Idk if its strictly a PR move because he doesn't actually need it, one would suppose. If he didn't make any announcement on his salary it would be fodder for his opponent in the next election.

If I were him I'd reconsider for superstitious reasons because look at the other two Presidents that refused the salary. Hoover and JFK. One sank conservatism for decades and the other got assassinated. Just take the payments then write a check to the Treasury for the same amount, show a credit and a debit on the ledger and you're still technically not taking the money.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

PreviousNext