President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Her insanity lies beyond pizzagate, she's a full-on Qanon follower. Qanon is a conspiracy centered around the eponymous "Q", a 4chan and twitter user who "claims" to be a renegade agent of the deep state agent who gets taken absolutely seriously. There was a whole subreddit devoted to the Qanon conspiracy that got deleted two weeks ago called /r/CBTS_Stream, CBTS being an acronym for "calm before the storm". Basically, a bunch of loons too crazy for /r/The_Donald who jerked themselves off about a looming civil war in hopes they finally have an excuse to shoot all the liberals.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Cobra-D wrote:On the one hand I really don’t want to watch Rosanne cause of her but on the other hand John Goodman is on it soo I’m very split on whether to watch it or not

For what it's worth, I saw the first two episodes before I read the last few posts here, and they seemed kind of pathetic to me. Now I'm really okay with never watching it again.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Well if I can enjoy movies with Kevin Spacey, I can enjoy Roseanne. But I'm a longtime fan of the show who doesn't care about the personal life of the star. Sara Gilbert is who is actually running the show and I'm pretty sure she leans left.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby SandTea » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:30 am

iMURDAu wrote:Well if I can enjoy movies with Kevin Spacey, I can enjoy Roseanne. But I'm a longtime fan of the show who doesn't care about the personal life of the star. Sara Gilbert is who is actually running the show and I'm pretty sure she leans left.

I support the sentiment but wanted to point out that the character on the show holds the same views as her real life counter part. It can still be a thing people like but if you need to separate the actor from the character to enjoy the fiction, the new roseanne wouldn't work too well.

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Her insanity lies beyond pizzagate, she's a full-on Qanon follower

I hate that I want to speak on this. That "q" shit should be ignored and nothing more but I'm just as susceptible to brain tricks as those that believe in it so I'm going to comment, at least a little, on that conspiracy.
That is not how predictions work.

whooo, ok. chest off'd. I have given up trying to explain to peers out here so I guess q won already but f me if it isn't still annoying. Silver lining, I know who to avoid since they're so damn vocal about it.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Krashlia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 am

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:...There was a whole subreddit devoted to the Qanon conspiracy that got deleted two weeks ago called /r/CBTS_Stream,[/url] CBTS being an acronym for "calm before the storm". Basically, a bunch of loons too crazy for /r/The_Donald who jerked themselves off about a looming civil war in hopes they finally have an excuse to shoot all the liberals.

Theres always a thread dedicated to "The Calm Before The Storm" on /pol/. First it was Pizza-gate and the elite pedophiles that might see prison time, then it was that Seth Rich guy who they claimed the DNC killed. After that, it was in expectation of some war between the US and some such country or another. And theres always some announcement that the Mueller investigation is supposedly headed in a way that will backfire.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:56 am

jbobsully11 wrote:
Cobra-D wrote:On the one hand I really don’t want to watch Rosanne cause of her but on the other hand John Goodman is on it soo I’m very split on whether to watch it or not

For what it's worth, I saw the first two episodes before I read the last few posts here, and they seemed kind of pathetic to me. Now I'm really okay with never watching it again.

Yeah, I saw some episodes of Roseanne when I was young, and though I love John Goodman, it was meh. I filed it under "sitcoms that aren't the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and proceeded to never care about it again. That it wants to bridge the gap with liberals and Trump voters makes me dislike it more (I live around Trump voters. Understanding them does not make the heart fonder). That said, I will give it credit for being one of the few TV shows that understands poverty, the working class, and the middle class. It's not a show about poor people who live in a 1800 square foot apartment eating out every night or working class people living in a decent house with money to spare.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NisiOptimum » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:05 am

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Her insanity lies beyond pizzagate, she's a full-on Qanon follower...Basically, a bunch of loons too crazy for /r/The_Donald who jerked themselves off about a looming civil war in hopes they finally have an excuse to shoot all the liberals.

In real life that's obviously a horrible conspiracy theory, but I kind of wish she'd go for it on the show. Like the new season starts out as a normal sitcom and then 15 minutes in Roseanne's like "Well Dan, Nancy Pelosi's got a big child mine like in Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom, so we gotta go off the grid and launch our militia" and then like the next 5 episodes are just Roseanne and John Goodman doing fuckin' Spetsnaz training exercises to prepare to storm Comet Ping Pong or some shit.

I mean, obviously they'd get accused of ripping off when Friends did that exact story arc, but at least it would be exiting.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Sounds better than the previous season.

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Trump mobilizes the National Guard, sending them to the border with Mexico.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/politics ... index.html

President Donald Trump officially signed a memorandum to deploy the National Guard to the southwest border on Wednesday, a move that followed days of him calling for more border security.

[...]

He said in the memorandum that "the security of the United States is imperiled by a drastic surge of illegal activity on the southern border."

Trump tweets, one day later (at 4:40 AM):

Trump on Twitter wrote:The Caravan is largely broken up thanks to the strong immigration laws of Mexico and their willingness to use them so as not to cause a giant scene at our Border. Because of the Trump Administrations actions, Border crossings are at a still UNACCEPTABLE 46 year low. Stop drugs!

"Border crossings are at a still UNACCEPTABLE 46 year low"

Okay, then.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:27 pm

According to a report in the Washington Post, Trump complained about the military trying to avoid civilian casualties:

Trump came to office promising to give the Pentagon a free hand to unleash the full force of U.S. firepower. His impatience was evident on his first full day in office when he visited the CIA and was ushered up to the agency’s drone operations floor. [...] when the agency’s head of drone operations explained that the CIA had developed special munitions to limit civilian casualties, the president seemed unimpressed. Watching a previously recorded strike in which the agency held off on firing until the target had wandered away from a house with his family inside, Trump asked, “Why did you wait?” one participant in the meeting recalled.

If true, this is in line with what he campaigned on: "take out" the families of terrorists, be more like ISIS.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Aquila89 wrote:
If true, this is in line with what he campaigned on: "take out" the families of terrorists, be more like ISIS.

It's as though Trump is following a recipe for creating terrorists. I think it goes (in no particular order):

Step 1) Pull-out of a war-ravaged area, leaving a power vacuum (bonus points if your military did most of the ravaging)
Step 2) Tell the world you're willing to do terrible things to lend credence to terrorist propoganda

Trump's relentless need to categorize everyone as either a friend or an enemy (winners or losers, rich or poor, smart or dumb, beautiful or ugly, etc.) seems to drive him to consider people, or things, enemies or threats where they were not before. I guess Middle Eastern civilians aren't his friends, therefore they are his enemies. For that matter, were tax-paying Mexican, Central, and South American immigrants (legal or illegal) really a problem before Trump, or is it that he doesn't view them as useful to him, therefore they are a threat? I'm starting to think it's the latter, especially given how he implied outright said Democrats are happy to support "dangerous" immigration policies because the immigrants will vote Democrat (I'm not sure if he understands voting requirements, like, you know, the need to be a citizen).

NY Times wrote:“This was going to be my remarks — it would have taken about two minutes, but what the hell — that would have been a little boring,” Mr. Trump said, tossing a sheet of paper covered with neat paragraphs of text into the audience. “I’m reading off the first paragraph, I said, ‘This is boring.’ Come on. We have to tell it like it is.”

Instead, he recounted the terrorist attack last October in Lower Manhattan, in which an Uzbek immigrant killed eight people when he drove a truck onto a pedestrian and bicycle path on the West Side Highway.

“This is what the Democrats are doing to you, and they like it because they think they’re going to vote Democrat,” Mr. Trump said. “They’re doing it for that reason, and other reasons.”

During the same diatribe (it can't be called a speech, discussion, or announcement... it's a stream of whatever pops into Trump's noggin) Trump also brought-up voter fraud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... acy-theory

But this idea of chain migration was his jumping-off point. He talked about a terrorist attack in New York City in October that he blamed on the policy. Democrats like chain migration, though, he said, because they think those new immigrants are going to vote Democrat.

“They are doing it for that reason, because they aren’t going to be voting with us for the most part. A lot of them aren’t going to be voting,” he said. “A lot of times, it doesn’t matter, because in many places, like California, the same person votes many times. You probably heard about that.”

“They always like to say, ‘Oh, that’s a conspiracy theory!’ ” he continued. “Not a conspiracy theory, folks. Millions and millions of people, and it’s very hard because the state guards their records. They don’t want to see it.”

It brings to mind one of my favourite sayings, "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Bromo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:19 pm

One person was killed and six firefighters injured in a New York dumpster fire. Somehow, I think this is Trump's fault.

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Did anyone tell him that a resident died? He sure was busy jerking off his twitter handle with how well the building was constructed. Yay the structure didn't collapse!?

iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Michael Cohen, Trump's personal lawyer, was raided.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/raid-offic ... -1.4611781

U.S. federal agents armed with search warrants have seized documents from U.S. President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen, a defense lawyer said Monday.

The raid on Cohen's office was done by the U.S. Attorney's office in Manhattan and was based, in part, on a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, according to Cohen's lawyer, Stephen Ryan.

On a scale of one-traffic-ticket to Better-Call-Saul, I rate Cohen a firm 'nope'.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Trump is at it again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9210633216

James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and.....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0494313472

....untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!

This is, of course, a reaction to excerpts from Comey's upcoming book.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... l-all-book

Trump was briefed by Comey before his inauguration about the allegation and immediately went into damage control mode, Comey said. The lawman said he told Trump, “I’m not saying we credit this. I’m not saying we believe it. We just thought it was important that you know.”

In a subsequent meeting with Trump, Comey said the president worried about a "1 percent chance" that First Lady Melania Trump would believe the reports were true.

"I remember thinking ‘how can your wife think there’s a 1 percent chance you were with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow?’" Comey said. "I’m a flawed human being, but there’s literally zero chance that my wife would think that was true. So what kind of marriage to what kind of man does your wife think there’s only a 99 percent chance you didn’t do that?"

Ouch.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext