President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Y'all trippin thinking Trump is going to bring back earmarks and slap them with regulations.

His administration is going to regulate those but try to deregulate everything else?

Last edited by iMURDAu on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Absentia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 am

Well, maybe we can bring them back now and regulate them later. Even the first step towards doing something right would be a nice change.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Y'all trippin thinking Trump is going to bring back earmarks and slap them with regulations.

His administration is going to regulate those but try to deregulate everything else?

Absentia wrote:Well, maybe we can bring them back now and regulate them later. Even the first step towards doing something right would be a nice change.

I'd prefer the old earmark system to the current one, so I'd actually be okay with that. Regulations, for me, would be more of an ideal (assuming the regulations aren't crap, which is always likely).

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Cobra-D » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 am

Reportedly while discusing immigration , he referred to Haiti, El Salvador and Africa as.... well her let's just quote him:

Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here

#MAGA?

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Lindvaettr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 am

Cobra-D wrote:Reportedly while discusing immigration , he referred to Haiti, El Salvador and Africa as.... well her let's just quote him:

#MAGA?

El Salvador has the highest murder rate of any country. Haiti is super poor and really nearby. Almost all the countries poorer than Haiti, and many of the most violent countries, are in Africa. So that's why they're coming here.

He's not wrong, but it's not really a question anyone needed to ask (let alone the lack of diplomacy, but it's not like anyone's shocked by Trump's lack of tact). Heck, people don't even leave countries that are doing kinda bad. People immigrate to another country when their own is shitty. When those countries stop being shitty, they're stop emigrating, because what will be the point?

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Krashlia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 am

Cobra-D wrote:Reportedly while discusing immigration , he referred to Haiti, El Salvador and Africa as.... well her let's just quote him:

#MAGA?

(Raises index finger in protest... slowly lowers it... quits... shrugs)

Eh, whatever. I mean, I've said stuff like that at least once.

It's like discovering Trump eats a lot of McDonalds. This info doesn't inspire much from me against him, except to think that he's wasting an opportunity for better stuff to eat. Other than that, well, pass the Mocha frappe.

As for the other bit of ignorance implied in the sentence (not knowing why those people from those countries want to come to this one), that's the real problem in my mind.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:22 am

Screenshot_20180111-210515.jpg
Screenshot_20180111-210515.jpg (395.56 KiB) Viewed 3857 times

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby Irishjava » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 am

Also, perhaps more importantly:
Guess. wrote:“Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.”

Oh man, I can't believe the shitty racist president is being a shitty racist. More than anything, what bothers me is all of the pearl clutching Republicans rushing to half-condemn him in the lightest possible terms:
Sen. James Lankford, R-Oklahoma wrote:"If these comments are accurate, they are disappointing." Lankford said. "I would not talk about nations like this, because I believe the people of those countries are made in the image of God and have worth and human dignity.

Fuck right off. Anyone with a modicum of sense has known he's like this for years, and to feign surprise at this point is grosser to me than Trump. It's like releasing a gorilla into a kindergarten and then acting shocked and mildly reproachful when it starts fighting children. The only conservative response worth anything I've seen is from the mercurial Bill Kristol:
Bill Kristol wrote:Two weeks ago a 26-year old soldier raced repeatedly into a burning Bronx apartment building, saving four people before he died in the flames. His name was Pvt. Emmanuel Mensah and he immigrated from Ghana, a country Donald Trump apparently thinks produces very subpar immigrants.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 am

Irishjava wrote:It's like releasing a gorilla into a kindergarten and then acting shocked and mildly reproachful when it starts fighting children.

This is a most vile and wicked slander on gorillas! Everybody knows that gorillas are gentle giants who would never intentionally harm a human* child!

I shall see you in court, sah, good day!
*Male gorillas will, however murder the offspring of other males when they take over a troop, a practice which is quite common among mammals where harems are the norm.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby SandTea » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 am

The only shit hole in this situation is trumps maw. There are lots of reasons to call the US a shit hole too, albeit different reasons. I am taken aback that folk are cool with calling whole countries shit holes. I just got back from a country, that I suppose would be included in the list of holes, and I will attest to it not being that.

Would it be too much to ask to not shit on the underprivileged? Part of the reason why bombing the DPRK would be actually shitty is because it is a place filled with innocent people who also happen to live in an area that is fucking beautiful. How about we all try to get along instead of thinking about other places as... 'others'? It hurts my heart when I hear these things.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am

Krashlia wrote:
(Raises index finger in protest... slowly lowers it... quits... shrugs)

Eh, whatever. I mean, I've said stuff like that at least once.

The President, in theory, should be better than the average person. For instance, in one of the debates, when Trump was asked about the nuclear triad, he clearly didn't know what it was. Well, I didn't know either - but wasn't running for president, I wasn't seeking the opportunity to have authority of the nuclear tried one day. (Okay, I'm not American, but I'd bet that a lot of Americans didn't know either.)

Lindvaettr wrote:El Salvador has the highest murder rate of any country. Haiti is super poor and really nearby. Almost all the countries poorer than Haiti, and many of the most violent countries, are in Africa. So that's why they're coming here.

He's not wrong, but it's not really a question anyone needed to ask (let alone the lack of diplomacy, but it's not like anyone's shocked by Trump's lack of tact). Heck, people don't even leave countries that are doing kinda bad. People immigrate to another country when their own is shitty. When those countries stop being shitty, they're stop emigrating, because what will be the point?

But the question he asked wasn't "why are they coming?; it was "why the US allows them in?"

By the way, immigrants from "shithole countries" are among the most educated groups in the US.

Of the African-born population in the US age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher, compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively. Africans from Kenya (90.8 percent), Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Irishjava wrote:Also, perhaps more importantly:
Guess. wrote:“Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.”

Oh man, I can't believe the shitty racist president is being a shitty racist. More than anything, what bothers me is all of the pearl clutching Republicans rushing to half-condemn him in the lightest possible terms:
Sen. James Lankford, R-Oklahoma wrote:"If these comments are accurate, they are disappointing." Lankford said. "I would not talk about nations like this, because I believe the people of those countries are made in the image of God and have worth and human dignity.

Fuck right off. Anyone with a modicum of sense has known he's like this for years, and to feign surprise at this point is grosser to me than Trump. It's like releasing a gorilla into a kindergarten and then acting shocked and mildly reproachful when it starts fighting children. The only conservative response worth anything I've seen is from the mercurial Bill Kristol:
Bill Kristol wrote:Two weeks ago a 26-year old soldier raced repeatedly into a burning Bronx apartment building, saving four people before he died in the flames. His name was Pvt. Emmanuel Mensah and he immigrated from Ghana, a country Donald Trump apparently thinks produces very subpar immigrants.

They're Pussies.

If theres one thing the wrecking ball to political correctness has done in this country's favor, its the ability to not mince words and cover up semtiments, sometimes.

They're not Pearl-Clutchers. They're Pussies.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Cordslash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm

As a citizen of one of those shithole countries I kinda think this is hilarious. Mostly because high profile people aren't supposed to say something like that.
#shithole has been trending incredibly high over here and people are joking around saying what shitholey thing they're currently doing.

Other than a few knee jerk responses I haven't heard anyone take this seriously so far, because it's Trump after all. We've long since stopped taking him seriously.

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Yeah, not surprised this happened at all. This whole presidency feels like it's been everyone wondering when he'd finally drop a racial slur on live television.

Most irritating have been the Republicans pretending like this is surprising. I suspect it won't change anything, maybe he'll lose a couple points he'd built in the polls, but otherwise everything will remain the same. Fox News will continue to defend him to the hilt. The GOP will keep playing this game where they try to minimize the long-term damage to their party by pretending like this isn't who they are, and even some conservative outlets I respect will continue to slowly talk their way around to supporting Trump as long as he gives money to rich people (Here's looking at you, NR).

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Aw, c'mon, ya'll, Trump has a reasonable explanation.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/news ... ca-meeting

“The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made – a big setback for DACA!” Trump wrote on Twitter.

In other words, 'Yeah, I totally meant it, but I didn't say those exact words, FAKE NEWS!'.

It shouldn't be missed that Trump didn't just call certain countries shitholes, he also built his own scale which ranges from shit, through tolerable, and on to ideal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 91f3f23e1c

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt that they help the United States economically.

Maybe not so much a scale as it is a spectrum. You know, the good old white-yellow-brown-black spectrum.

On another note, the UK can expect to not see a visit from the occupant of the shithole dump Oval Office anytime soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... f112f393b5

President Trump said he has called off a planned ceremonial visit to Britain because he didn’t want to be associated with what he called a bad real estate deal in which the U.S. Embassy is being relocated from central London to “an off location.”

In a Twitter message shortly before midnight Thursday, Trump implicitly rejected reports that the trip — never announced but widely assumed to be in February — was being scrapped over concerns that the U.S. leader would be met with widespread protests.

“Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for ‘peanuts,’ only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO,” Trump wrote.

Okay. He's, like, a super-genius real-estate tycoon mega-billionaire, so of course he'd find government misspending on a real-estate deal off-putting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 66355fd9b5

In fact, it was the George W. Bush administration that decided more than a decade ago to relocate the embassy during a worldwide push for greater security at U.S. diplomatic sites.

The article goes-on to discuss pure speculation that Trump might maybe be kinda a tinsy winsy bit scared that his wee wickle feelings would get hurt by being greeted by protests. I figure he watched Pulp Fiction and is worried about this whole Euro-McDonalds thing. "What kind of shithole country has Royale with Cheese?"

Today is Donald's big checkup.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/12/57748844 ... al-checkup

President Trump is set Friday to undergo his first physical exam since taking office — a move that could offer a rare public snapshot of the 71-year-old leader's health.

"I think it's going to go very well," Trump told reporters Thursday. "I'll be very surprised if it doesn't."

The exam will be overseen by Dr. Ronny Jackson, a Navy rear admiral who directs the White House medical unit.

I'm sure the world will get a very clear picture...

It's not clear how much information the president will share about Friday's work-up, which will be conducted at Walter Reed National Medical Center outside Washington, D.C. Press secretary Sarah Sanders said Jackson will brief reporters on the results Tuesday, Jan. 16, and she expects Trump will be about as forthcoming as his predecessors.

AHAHAHAHA... riiiiiiight. *wipes tears*

Man, I would not want to be Dr. Ronny Jackson right about now.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

PreviousNext