President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:01 am

I don't know if this one has been posted already, but it's always a hoot!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Delta Jim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 am

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

Trump wrote on Twitter that his presidency had been "enormously consensual". He was misquoting a New York Post columnist who of course wrote "consequential". He added "please read the entire column" and gave the columnist's email address instead of a link.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
Spoiler: show

Judging from the position of his hands compared to that other bloke who is struggling I think he was the only one who did it properly, like he can properly hold everyone's hand if he wanted to and without tangling himself up. And that means then they'd all be able to sing about jambalaya.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Trump wrote on Twitter that his presidency had been "enormously consensual". He was misquoting a New York Post columnist who of course wrote "consequential". He added "please read the entire column" and gave the columnist's email address instead of a link.

This is how we know he's handling his own account instead of an aide or a bot. Or a bot-aide.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Cobra-D » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Trump announced the end of protection status of 200,000 Salvadoran residents.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Cobra-D wrote:Trump announced the end of protection status of 200,000 Salvadoran residents.

Is El Salvador in a worse situation than other countries without TPS status? Obviously, this will negatively impact a lot of lives, but Temporary Protection Status is supposed to be temporary, it's in the name. El Salvador has been on TPS since 2001, which is the fifth (I think?) longest of any current TPS (behind Somalia, Sudan, Nicaragua, and Honduras). Currently and more especially historically, most TPSes have been only a few years, when a country had just been struck by a natural disaster or was embroiled in the peak of a vicious war.

I don't know enough about the specific situation to really know for sure, but even though there's violence and poverty in El Salvador, that doesn't necessarily mean it qualifies for Temporary Protection Status, and at the very least it's a more complex situation than I'm going to bother to get in to. There are a lot of countries suffering from violence and poverty that don't have Temporary Protection Status, and just because a lot of people from that country have come here under that status doesn't mean that the status should suddenly become permanent for the sake of it.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Lindvaettr wrote:
Cobra-D wrote:Trump announced the end of protection status of 200,000 Salvadoran residents.

Is El Salvador in a worse situation than other countries without TPS status? Obviously, this will negatively impact a lot of lives, but Temporary Protection Status is supposed to be temporary, it's in the name. El Salvador has been on TPS since 2001, which is the fifth (I think?) longest of any current TPS (behind Somalia, Sudan, Nicaragua, and Honduras). Currently and more especially historically, most TPSes have been only a few years, when a country had just been struck by a natural disaster or was embroiled in the peak of a vicious war.

I don't know enough about the specific situation to really know for sure, but even though there's violence and poverty in El Salvador, that doesn't necessarily mean it qualifies for Temporary Protection Status, and at the very least it's a more complex situation than I'm going to bother to get in to. There are a lot of countries suffering from violence and poverty that don't have Temporary Protection Status, and just because a lot of people from that country have come here under that status doesn't mean that the status should suddenly become permanent for the sake of it.

I agree that TPS should be temporary, but now it's gotten to the point where it is really irresponsible to force these people back to El Salvador. If they have lived her for 17 years, they may very well have more connection to the US than the country where they were born.

El Salvador is not going to be prepared to accept back 200,000 people, some of whom won't even be able to speak the language.

I think we should provide a way for people here under TPS to obtain permanent residency. If they have lived here this long and still obey our laws, and they came here legally, was is the harm in letting them stay?

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am

Let's ask ourselves this. How much of the violence in El Salvador is directly related to drug trafficking and black-market gangs? Of that market, how much is supported entirely by American demand? From what I've read, the drug cartels down there are almost entirely subsidized by American hypocrisy. Our insatiably lucrative appetites combined with the courts' willingness to pick off any local competition all but BEGS for foreign gangs to start fighting each other and enslaving entire villages.

The bottom line is, America straight-up caused a lot of these problems that are being fled, so it's a little beyond shitty to refuse them sanctuary. But hey, sorry we fucked up all your farmlands trying to destroy those coca crops! Surely you understand... people are getting high, and putting a stop to that is totally worth stirring up a bunch of foreign issues that aren't even our problem.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Lindvaettr wrote:His mind is an enigma.

I believe the word you were looking for was "enema."

In other amusing news, Trump opened himself up for indirect ridicule from fellow Republicans by calling himself a "stable genius." When asked to weigh in on the president's self-professed intelligence, several GOP politicians subtlely shat on Tweeter-in-chief's claim:

My personal favorites (courtesy of CNN):

"He's smart and capable at getting himself elected president," said Kansas Sen. Jerry Moran.

But is he a genius?

Moran paused for several seconds, smiled and said simply, "Got nothing."

"Listen, my view of the President -- I find him to be engaging, gracious, you know, pretty funny, and I don't have a question he's fit for office," said Sen. Ron Johnson, the conservative from Wisconsin.

Asked if he agreed with Trump's assessment that he's a genius, Johnson laughed, walked into the Senate chamber and didn't reply.

"He obviously was just responding to the book, and I think he's just egging you guys on," Thune said.

But asked if he thought Trump was a genius, as the President often declares, Thune grinned and slipped into the ornate Inner Sanctum room on the first floor of the Senate without saying anything else.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm

Of course he's fit for office. He's not even the low bar ffs. We had President Dick Cheney for a few minutes there a couple times. But anyone who seriously considers themselves a genius wouldn't have run for such a shite job.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:42 am

Alright, everyone, buckle your boners or lady-boners up, because I'm about to say something I don't often say:

I agreed with a thing Trump said today that got a lot of flak from Democrats (and is almost certain to see some argument here).

It concerned him saying we should return to earmarks, oft-derided for being pretty shitty all around, but that often helped grease necessary legislation through. Was it often corrupt? Sure, but it was also often pragmatic.

Anyways, that's all for today. I'm gonna go back to drinking at the very thought.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Cobra-D » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 am

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:Alright, everyone, buckle your boners or lady-boners up, because I'm about to say something I don't often say:

I agreed with a thing Trump said today that got a lot of flak from Democrats (and is almost certain to see some argument here).

It concerned him saying we should return to earmarks, oft-derided for being pretty shitty all around, but that often helped grease necessary legislation through. Was it often corrupt? Sure, but it was also often pragmatic.

Anyways, that's all for today. I'm gonna go back to drinking at the very thought.

How fucking dare he do this! I am so livid right now!

Now someone explain to people who might now know what earmarks are, I would do it but like I'm super busy at the moment, being like really smart, cause I totally know what that is.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Lindvaettr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Cobra-D wrote:How fucking dare he do this! I am so livid right now!

Now someone explain to people who might now know what earmarks are, I would do it but like I'm super busy at the moment, being like really smart, cause I totally know what that is.

Earmarks are/were (they're currently against Congressional rules, but not legally banned) essentially riders in bills that would earmark funding (money already accounted for in the budget, but not set for any specific project) for a certain project. Up until 2011, Congress would use earmarks to get people on board with various bills ("If you vote for this bill, we'll set aside $5 million for that road repair project in your district you've been trying to do"). Over the years, they became somewhat abused, and became most notorious because of the "Bridge to Nowhere.

I'm with Doodles and Trump on this one, though. I don't know what regulations Trump has in mind, but earmarks with increased regulation would be beneficial. I don't even really know if it could be considered corruption at all. A lot of people present earmarks as being additional spending, but they're not. They're simply taking money from the general budget pool for a certain area, and assigning it to a specific project. For example, if the budget provides $100m for wetlands conservation, a Congressperson could get an earmark for $5m for improving a particular wetland in his home district.

Not only that, but it's not like earmarks went away entirely. They're just invisible now. When earmarks were a thing, Congresspeople were required to not only list all the earmarks they'd received on their website, but also list all the earmarks they'd requested. An unofficial earmark can be as simple as a Congressperson or committee sending whatever federal agency is relevant to a particular project a little unofficial memo, "Hey, please use this much money for this project".

Money and politics go hand-in-hand, and we probably can't stop it. Better to have it out in the open, I think.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby cmsellers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Of course he's fit for office.

I mean he's fit for The Office, though he's certainly no Dwight Schrute.

In fact, he's kind of the anti-Dwight

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

PreviousNext