President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby SandTea » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Speaking of britan first, their deputy leader has been found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment. It's got auto play so here's the short article-

Spoiler: show
The deputy leader of Britain First has been found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment after she hurled abuse at a Muslim woman wearing a hijab.

Jayda Fransen, 30, was fined nearly £2,000 for wearing a political uniform and shouting at Sumayyah Sharpe during a "Christian patrol" of Bury Park in Luton, on Saturday 23 January.

Fransen admitted telling Ms Sharpe that Muslim men force women to cover up to avoid being raped "because they cannot control their sexual urges", adding "that's why they are coming into my country raping women across the continent".

Ms Sharpe was with her four young children at the time.

Fransen denied the words were intended to be offensive at a trial in Luton and South bedfordshire Magistrates' Court. "The reason I said them was because from everything I have studied, I understand them to be true," Fransen said in her defence.

District Judge Carolyn Mellanby said she believed the group had gone to the area "looking for trouble" - but said Ms Sharpe had been mistaken as an "easy target". "I have no doubt the words used towards her [Ms Sharpe], in her expression, represented everything against her and what she believes in," she said. "In other words, offensive, insulting, abusive and, in my judgment, intended to cause offence and alarm and distress to her religion."

In a video posted to Facebook after the verdict, Fransen said: "It was just absolutely absurd in the court. It was just a really clear display of Islamic appeasement." She said "we have an establishment that is against anything patriotic in this country and is only concerned with appeasing the Muslim community".

Paul Golding, the leader of Britain first, said: "The fact of the matter is, it's one rule of law for Muslims, the protected species in this country, and another for British people."

But this here is a trump thread so here is his daily dose of crazy for us. He's on board the 'Joe Scarborough probably killed an intern' train, at least long enough to tweet about it.

Following Lauer’s firing over what NBC News described as “inappropriate sexual behavior,” Trump wondered when executives at the network and its corporate owner, Comcast, would be terminated for “putting out so much Fake News.”

Then, he wrote: “And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the ‘unsolved mystery’ that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!”

It continues
"But Klausutis’s death is not an unsolved mystery..."

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Aquila89 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Some information about the other two videos, from the Washington Post. One of them - “Islamist mob pushes teenage boy off roof and beats him to death!” - is from Egypt; during the 2013 civil unrest, where pro-Morsi demonstrators killed a 19-year-old this way. Yeah, crimes like this do happen during civil unrest, but given that it's Egypt, the victim was likely a Muslim as well.

The third video, “Muslim destroys a statue of Virgin Mary” is apparently from Syria. Out of all the things happening in Syria, this is the one that should make me upset?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is right; the threat of Islamic extremism is real. But pretty much everyone knows that. Islamic extremists have committed far worse acts than the ones in the videos. Destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary? Who cares? ISIS carried out a genocide against Christians in Syria (and Iraq). If you want to talk about Islamic extremism, talk about that, for instance, instead of retweeting dodgy videos from a far-right group.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:30 am

Let's also remember Mr. DrankTheSwamp I mean uh, DrainTheSwamp's HHS nominee is from where? Eli Lilly. But he's on the side of the American people and is part of the plan to make this place great again. For the pharmaceutical industry, not citizens. Those corporations are people, very rich people. Money = speech.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby tinyrick » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 am

Far-right groups think symbols are more important than people. Destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary carries more weight than a few videos of beheadings. Just look at the reaction these people have over disrespecting the flag.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Krashlia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Dem dere goal post just keep moving back somehow.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:52 am

What irritates me more is when you try to press Trump supporters (who, remember, voted for Trump and Republicans on the basis that they'd help out the little guys for sure this time) on the tax plan, which could not more obviously be giving the middle finger to anyone who makes less than 70k a year. You'll hear some of the most willfull-industrial-grade denial you'll ever hear, including variations of, "Don't worry, this time it'll work."

For some reason, the GOP either doesn't realize or doesn't care that the problems we face now are different from the problems we face in the 1980s. Where growth WAS absolutely needed back then, we're sitting at near-full employment and 3+ GDP. Growth isn't the problem, the stagnation of wages and increasing cost of living is.

It does give me hope that in four years, nothing having gotten better economically (as in, where wages and underemployment are concerned) people might realize that we went through all this screaming and heartache and anger for nothing. But I got the feeling that Trump's gonna crow about this handout to Wall Street for the next three years, and people are going to act like he's the next coming of FDR or Teddy because they've never picked up a history book and understood what a real populist president looks like.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Does this amount to an admission of complicity in a justice-obstructing coverup? (I'm no legal expert over here.)

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:Does this amount to an admission of complicity in a justice-obstructing coverup? (I'm no legal expert over here.)

I call the firing "butt covering"... Does butt covering count as obstruction?...

EDIT: I have poor memory. He was at first fired for lying to Pence... Then said to have been fired for lying to the FBI?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:54 pm

For fuck's sake, Melania, let a real First Lady show you how to handle this:

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Trump's lawyer now claims that he wrote that tweet, not Trump. I'm not sure I'd want a lawyer who makes potentially incriminating statements in my name.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:57 pm

You'd think it'd be against the law to impersonate the President. Didn't Congress decide that Tweets count as "official statements"?

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:Does this amount to an admission of complicity in a justice-obstructing coverup? (I'm no legal expert over here.)

Alright, let's just nip the obstruction thing in the bud because I see it everywhere these days.

The fact of the matter is, if obstruction of justice was the charge to prove, Mueller could spend about one day writing up a report on the firing and attach that interview with Lester Holt where Trump said he fired Comey because of the investigation. It's open and shut--It's obstruction because Trump literally tried to end an investigation by firing the man heading it.

Why Mueller is probably not going that route, however, is because an investigation like this is inherently political and depends on the mood of the country. Obstruction of justice will not fly as a reason for impeachment, even if it should be (indeed, even some publications I respect, like NR, have contributors who talk about the investigation like it's a coup [can't imagine you thought the same about the Lewinsky scandal]) because at the end of the day, the national Republican mood is that it's simply not good enough a reason to impeach a president they're still behind (even though nobody else is). If Mueller were to bring charges of obstruction, Trump would likely pull a Clinton and argue that it's all a partisan-led attack, and probably successfully.

*It's important to note here that I don't agree. There are things I think are of national import to the country and worth impeaching a president for, and a blowjob in the Oval Office is not, in fact, one of them (yes, I know it was for lying under oath, but let's be real, going after him for an affair is pretty silly). Interfering with investigations, however, is.

So it's either Russia or nothing. Any lesser charges (a) will not fly with the GOP or a large majority of Republican voters and (b) will be seen by many people as no better than a coup. Lastly, and let's be honest about this, the GOP will not impeach AND remove him, and I suspect that to be true even if there is a phone call with Trump telling Vladimir Putin to swing the election for him. I don't care if the Democrats win literally every seat open to them on the state and federal level in 2018, they still won't have the votes or political power to do it.

So, as I kinda suspected from the beginning, we're stuck with Trump until 2020.

Last edited by Doodle Dee. Snickers on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:Lastly, and let's be honest about this, the GOP will not impeach AND remove him, and I suspect that to be true even if there is a phone call with Trump telling Vladimir Putin to swing the election for him. I don't care if the Democrats win literally every seat open to them on the state and federal level in 2018, they still won't have the votes or political power to do it.

If Mueller turns up some kind of irrefutable smoking gun like that, I think it's plausible that calls for impeachment could gain enough momentum to sway a lot of GOP legislators. A lot of them don't particularly like Trump as it is; I can't imagine too many would be willing to take his back if they thought it would cost them their seat.

In the absence of something so dramatic, you're probably right. But frankly I'm more interested in sinking Trump's reelection bid than the slim chance that he'll be removed from office, and all the shady, Nixonian coverup stuff is going to hurt him in 2020.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Absentia wrote:
Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:Lastly, and let's be honest about this, the GOP will not impeach AND remove him, and I suspect that to be true even if there is a phone call with Trump telling Vladimir Putin to swing the election for him. I don't care if the Democrats win literally every seat open to them on the state and federal level in 2018, they still won't have the votes or political power to do it.

If Mueller turns up some kind of irrefutable smoking gun like that, I think it's plausible that calls for impeachment could gain enough momentum to sway a lot of GOP legislators. A lot of them don't particularly like Trump as it is; I can't imagine too many would be willing to take his back if they thought it would cost them their seat.

In the absence of something so dramatic, you're probably right. But frankly I'm more interested in sinking Trump's reelection bid than the slim chance that he'll be removed from office, and all the shady, Nixonian coverup stuff is going to hurt him in 2020.

It's hurt him already. Firing Comey dropped his approval below 40 and he hasn't made it back since.

I've heard a lot of people tell me he's impossible to beat in 2020, but I'm of two minds about it. I wonder how much polarization will make the people who voted for him ignore his failings and (frankly) betrayal of their interests and think it's possible he takes it in 2020. On the other hand, I cannot imagine that a single person who didn't vote for him in 2016 will want to vote for him in 2020, he's lost a lot of independent support that may not come back (independent voters being, by nature, fickle voters who aren't always motivated to vote), and I doubt there will be many blue voters that'll sit 2020 out. But there's also the chance that the Democrats, having such a golden opportunity and being incredibly skilled at torpedoing themselves, will put up Jared Fogle as their candidate.

So I don't know about 2020, basically.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext