President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby IamNotCreepy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm

I think one thing people need to remember is that Trump is essentially a con man. If he were to admit that Putin could just lie about the election tampering, that means that Trump could be lying about ... well, pretty much everything.

So he can't call out Putin without weakening his own position.

Also, he's got a massive ego and can't admit that he got "help" winning the election.

Also, he's probably a traitor.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Australia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 pm

a good rogering.jpg
a good rogering.jpg (123.55 KiB) Viewed 4735 times

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

It's heartening to see Republicans actually standing up for the Russia investigation in any form. Fox & Friends and Donny boy have been doing their damndest to discredit it as a "witch hunt" in the public eye.

...now it'd be a real treat to actually see them DO something to back up their strong words, instead of just holding their noses.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 pm

JamishT wrote:My political twitter exploded today, with people I'm not used to seeing in my feed thanks to retweets and likes:

(deleted twitter links)

I'm interested to see if this results in anything more than words.

Each one of them will endorse him in his next campaign. Or do the whole "I don't endorse him but I'm still voting down party lines" lame excuse. Even if Trump was seen giving Putin fellatio and wiping his mouth with an American flag it wouldn't change the fact that he's got the (R) next to his name, he's their boy and nobody else is. There won't be another Republican candidate for POTUS in 2020 so it'll be fun to watch everyone currently condemning him walk back their criticism. Again.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm

iMURDAu wrote: Even if Trump was seen giving Putin fellatio and wiping his mouth with an American flag it wouldn't change the fact that he's got the (R) next to his name, he's their boy and nobody else is.

From the Onion: GOP Leaders Move Goalposts On Opposing Trump To Him Being Filmed Masturbating On U.S. Flag In Arlington Cemetery

If Trump is masturbating on a flag anywhere other than Arlington, or if he does not ejaculate directly on Old Glory, we will continue to stand behind him. And if fewer than 100 eyewitnesses see him engaged in the masturbation, we will dismiss it as hearsay. Of course, it goes without saying that if he claims it was a joke, all will be forgiven.

iMURDAu wrote:There won't be another Republican candidate for POTUS in 2020 so it'll be fun to watch everyone currently condemning him walk back their criticism. Again.

Well, expect from McCain, presumably.... And Flake and Corker maybe, since they're not running for reelection, so it won't matter who they endorse in 2020.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Aquila89 wrote:
iMURDAu wrote:There won't be another Republican candidate for POTUS in 2020 so it'll be fun to watch everyone currently condemning him walk back their criticism. Again.

Well, expect from McCain, presumably...

Yeah, at this point McCain probably isn't in condition to walk back to his kitchen.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... edirect=on

The willingness of the White House to contemplate handing over a former U.S. ambassador for interrogation by the Kremlin drew ire and astonishment from current and former U.S. officials. Such a proposition is unheard of. So is the notion that the president may think he has the legal authority to turn anyone over to a foreign power on his own.

Especially considering that we don't even have a proper extradition treaty with Russia. This would be a truly bizarre quid pro quo with a foreign autocrat.

“The entire country should be aware of this,” tweeted Tom Nichols, a professor at the U.S. Naval War College and the Harvard Extension School. “If Putin can single out” McFaul, Nichols said, “he can single out anyone. The President’s job is to protect us, not to even *consider* handing any of us over to an enemy government."

Maybe the former CIA director wasn't too far off on accusations of treason.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Ceiling_Squid wrote:Maybe the former CIA director wasn't too far off on accusations of treason.

"Maybe"? "Not too far off"?

Man, you love understatement.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Understatement is the only way I can live in this hellscape, sometimes.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Trump thinks that Montenegro could start World War III.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson:

Carlson: Membership in NATO obligates the members to defend any other member who has been attacked. So let’s say Montenegro, which joined last year, is attacked: Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack? Why is that?

Trump: I understand what you’re saying. I’ve asked the same question. Montenegro is a tiny country with very strong people.

Carlson: Yeah, I’m not against it — or Albania.

Trump: No, by the way, they have very strong people — they have very aggressive people. They may get aggressive, and congratulations, you’re in World War III.

All of that is wrong. The people of Montenegro aren't aggressive. Montenegro seceded from Yugoslavia peacefully, with an independence referendum. There's no reason to assume that it would want to start a war with any country (their army currently has 1950 active duty members.) And even if it did, the US would not be obligated to help. As Carlson himself spelled it out, NATO obligates the members to defend any other member who has been attacked. It does not obligate the members to join wars of aggression.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Back in middle school, I read a book which claimed Montenegro started the First Balkan War. This does not seem to be the consensus view, but maybe Trump read the same book. *tries to keep straight face*

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 am

And I thought I was weird for reading The Iliad in middle school. Sellers was reading books about the Balkan War.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 am

Absentia wrote:And I thought I was weird for reading The Iliad in middle school. Sellers was reading books about the Balkan War.

You weren't?

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:37 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44892889

So after bipartisan pressure, he backed off.

How nice to see him taking a parting swipe at the news media being the enemy of the people again, though. Real class act, our president.

Also interesting that Fox News' White House correspondent John Roberts had this to say on his twitter:

President Trump doubles down on his “fake news media - enemy of the people” mantra for reporting that his meeting with Putin was widely panned by members of his own party. That makes me an enemy of the state.

Is that a spine I see? Or is that wishful thinking?

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

PreviousNext