President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 pm

SandTea wrote:Just gotta pop in real quick to say that, if anyone should care, that the whole transcript of Bidens fight thingy should be read by anyone wanting context. A bit of a summary would be-

'I've been in locker rooms. People would get punched for talking like that about ladies. I shouldn't have said that but from my experience it's always the worst type of people who say what he said. The ones who don't get the girl'

It was actually a lot tamer than people are making it out to be. If I remember I'll try to post link later.

Well, this was the article I read on the subject:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-be ... d=53897309

Former Vice President Joe Biden took fresh jabs at President Donald Trump on Tuesday while speaking at an anti-sexual assault rally, telling students at the University of Miami that he probably would have "beat the hell out" of Trump if they'd attended school together.

"A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, 'I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it,'" Biden said. "They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said 'no.' I said, 'If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.'"

"I've been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life," Biden continued. "I'm a pretty damn good athlete. Any guy that talked that way was usually the fattest, ugliest S.O.B. in the room."

Boldface added to highlight the part people are objecting to.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:33 am

It really is incredible that men of such prominence are doing this. It's similar to arguments I had at school when I was seven, only these are statesmen in their seventies. It's beyond ridiculous. That said, I would be pretty interested in the outcome. I think Biden probably takes it. TKO by doctor's stoppage due a tiny little fractured metacarpal.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Crimson847 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:50 am

The folks cheering this on sound exactly like 7-year-olds arguing that "my dad could totally beat up your dad", so I suppose we get the government we deserve.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Crimson847 wrote:The folks cheering this on sound exactly like 7-year-olds arguing that "my dad could totally beat up your dad", so I suppose we get the government we deserve.

True, dat.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5384 ... -a-senator

When the definitive biography of Canada's 23rd prime minister, Justin Trudeau, is written, there's going to be an entire chapter devoted to the single most important event in his political career—the time he beat the shit out of a Canadian senator on live TV.

That's right, non-Canadian readership, five years ago today, then-Liberal MP Justin Trudeau clobbered Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau in a charity boxing match that put the victor on the path to the prime minister's office and left the loser's career in tatters.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Crimson847 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:40 pm

When the definitive biography of Canada's 23rd prime minister, Justin Trudeau, is written, there's going to be an entire chapter devoted to the single most important event in his political career—the time he beat the shit out of a Canadian senator on live TV.

That's right, non-Canadian readership, five years ago today, then-Liberal MP Justin Trudeau clobbered Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau in a charity boxing match that put the victor on the path to the prime minister's office and left the loser's career in tatters.

The second paragraph is kind of a letdown from the first; I was expecting to hear about Trudeau angrily storming over and beating up a senator during a heated debate in Parliament. While it's still not a great look, I'm not sure I'd call participating in an organized charity boxing match (presumably with rules and gloves and a referee and such) truly improper for a politician, even if it's against an opposing politician.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:19 pm

This fascinated me, so I looked up the fight. I have to say, Trudeau looked pretty decent. Despite his obvious lack of technical skill, he showed that he understands fighting. He was using the jab and smothering punches early on. He didn't have the hours of sparring and bagwork and pads to develop those skills enough to pull it off, but he knew to try to do it. Moreover, he recognised the gulf between his actual skill and those tactics. He did what he was capable of doing to get his opponent to punch himself out (which took less than a minute) and then walked him down once he felt the power go. That's impressive composure and ring iq for a charity boxer.
The commentators for that fight were awful, by the way. They know nothing about boxing and are pitifully unfunny.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby blehblah » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:
This fascinated me, so I looked up the fight. I have to say, Trudeau looked pretty decent. Despite his obvious lack of technical skill, he showed that he understands fighting. He was using the jab and smothering punches early on. He didn't have the hours of sparring and bagwork and pads to develop those skills enough to pull it off, but he knew to try to do it. Moreover, he recognised the gulf between his actual skill and those tactics. He did what he was capable of doing to get his opponent to punch himself out (which took less than a minute) and then walked him down once he felt the power go. That's impressive composure and ring iq for a charity boxer.
The commentators for that fight were awful, by the way. They know nothing about boxing and are pitifully unfunny.

The Vice article does a good job of snarking on the commentators. Medium story short - think Fox News North, which went bust, to then become Rebel Media (Breitbart North), which... well... https://www.therebel.media/therebels. There is some solid star power there *cough*.

https://www.therebel.media/sebastian_gorka

Sebastian L. Gorka, Ph.D. is the Chairman and CEO of the Threat Knowledge Group and Non-Resident Scholar with the Institute of World Politics in Washington D.C.

Until August on 2017 he served as Strategist and Deputy Assistant to President Donald J. Trump.

Erm... quality copy editing, right there.

Crim, to satisfy your blood lust, Trudeau did this:

Watch-out, WWE, not one of these people is faking (honest - it would be unbecoming, and such and such).

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 am

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... s-daughter

Adult film star Stormy Daniels claimed that President Trump told her she reminded him of his daughter before the two engaged in an alleged sexual encounter.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ETA: Almost fifteen minutes later and my mind still won't stop screaming. I think I'm going to be sick.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DanteHoratio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:42 am

Crimson847 wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/380225-stormy-daniels-says-trump-told-her-she-reminded-him-of-his-daughter

Adult film star Stormy Daniels claimed that President Trump told her she reminded him of his daughter before the two engaged in an alleged sexual encounter.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain

"I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess." -HP Lovecraft
DanteHoratio
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Let's get dangerous

Postby blehblah » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:55 pm

It's always important to understand the context.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stormy-d ... ter-2018-3

Daniels told "60 Minutes" that Trump began talking about a magazine he was on the cover of when she said, "Someone should take that magazine and spank you with it." Daniels alleges that Trump then turned around, "pulled his pants down a little," and that she "gave him a couple of swats."

It was then that Daniels says Trump brought up his daughter, Ivanka.

"He was like, 'Wow, you — you are special. You remind me of my daughter.' You know — he was like, 'You're smart and beautiful, and a woman to be reckoned with, and I like you. I like you,'" Daniels told Anderson Cooper on "60 Minutes."

Okay, post-spanking with a magazine he was on the cover of... maybe it was just random, idle chit-chat. Trump's version of "So how's the weather over there?" because insane, wealthy people are different, or whatever. Surely just a coincide...

Last week, former Playboy model Karen McDougal made a similar claim in an interview on CNN, when asked if Trump ever compared her to any of his kids.

"He's very proud of Ivanka, as he should be. I mean, she's a brilliant woman. She's beautiful," McDougal said. "He said I was beautiful like her and, you know, you're a smart girl. And there wasn't a lot of comparing, but there was some, yes. I heard a lot about her. Yes."

When I first heard about the most salacious tidbits in the so-called Trump dossier, I thought it was beyond the realm of possibility.

Trump continues to expand what I consider possible.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 am

blehblah wrote:Trump continues to expand what I consider possible.

(chant) He~ gi-veth, he~ tak-eth a-way.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:03 am

Yeah, a key detail here for me is that Trump's public statements and actions already suggest he may have an...unhealthy interest in Ivanka. Of course, Daniels and McDougal are likely also aware of that, so it's plausible they're making this part of the story up precisely because they know many people will be inclined to believe it. But although I'm open to that possibility, I don't buy it personally without some evidence of deceit on their part.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:13 pm

In a speech supposedly about infrastructure, Trump took credit about the high ratings of the Roseanne revival.

Even look at Roseanne! I called her yesterday! Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings! I got a call from Mark Burnett, he did The Apprentice, he’s a great guy. He said, ‘Donald, I called just to say hello and to tell you, did you see Roseanne’s ratings?’ I said, ‘Mark, how big were they?’ They were unbelievable! Over 18 million people! And it was about us! They haven’t figured it out! The fake news hasn’t quite figured it out yet! They have not figured it out! So that was great. And they haven’t figured it out. But they will. And when they do, they’ll become much less fake.

Roseanne is a Trump supporter now so Trump is embracing her; he personally called her to congratulate about her ratings. She's also a lunatic who swings wildly from one extreme to the other. A few years ago, she was a hardcore anti-Zionist, calling Israel a "Nazi state" and a "brutal and undemocratic theocracy". Then she somehow became a hardcore Zionist, and now she compares Israel's critics to Nazis. During the presidential election, she tweeted stuff like "jew hater hillary clinton’s handler huma weiner is a filthy nazi whore" or "hillary clinton is surrounded by jew haters who make fun of the holocaust & jewish suffering yet her mkultra supporters call Trump a bigot!” She also promoted Pizzagate and conspiracy theories about Seth Rich. All those tweets were deleted because they're incompatible with being a star of a network TV show. But she's not someone I'd want on my side; who knows what she'll say a few years from now?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Cobra-D » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Aquila89 wrote:In a speech supposedly about infrastructure, Trump took credit about the high ratings of the Roseanne revival.

Even look at Roseanne! I called her yesterday! Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings! I got a call from Mark Burnett, he did The Apprentice, he’s a great guy. He said, ‘Donald, I called just to say hello and to tell you, did you see Roseanne’s ratings?’ I said, ‘Mark, how big were they?’ They were unbelievable! Over 18 million people! And it was about us! They haven’t figured it out! The fake news hasn’t quite figured it out yet! They have not figured it out! So that was great. And they haven’t figured it out. But they will. And when they do, they’ll become much less fake.

Roseanne is a Trump supporter now so Trump is embracing her; he personally called her to congratulate about her ratings. She's also a lunatic who swings wildly from one extreme to the other. A few years ago, she was a hardcore anti-Zionist, calling Israel a "Nazi state" and a "brutal and undemocratic theocracy". Then she somehow became a hardcore Zionist, and now she compares Israel's critics to Nazis. During the presidential election, she tweeted stuff like "jew hater hillary clinton’s handler huma weiner is a filthy nazi whore" or "hillary clinton is surrounded by jew haters who make fun of the holocaust & jewish suffering yet her mkultra supporters call Trump a bigot!” She also promoted Pizzagate and conspiracy theories about Seth Rich. All those tweets were deleted because they're incompatible with being a star of a network TV show. But she's not someone I'd want on my side; who knows what she'll say a few years from now?

On the one hand I really don’t want to watch Rosanne cause of her but on the other hand John Goodman is on it soo I’m very split on whether to watch it or not

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Huh. I'd heard Roseanne was a Trump supporter, but I didn't know all the other stuff. Now I feel a bit silly for finding her somewhat credible on the Louis CK matter.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext