President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby Crimson847 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Marcuse wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43439066

The ex-deputy director of the FBI has been fired days before retirement, apparently solely to deny him his pension and benefits for completing his career. Trump had tweeted in December taunting him about it:

In December, the president appeared to taunt the then number two at the FBI, when he tweeted: "FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!"

I know employment rights are a thing that happens to other countries in the US, but seriously. How is this a thing that they can do?

Here's his statement after being fired.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/16/17132418/ ... -statement

I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The president’s tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about it.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI’s involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau and to make it clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the same type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday’s comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel’s work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I have always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the misty fo chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was prevailed to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:31 am

Regarding McCabe's pension, this Forbes article claims he isn't being stripped of what he's already earned, just the extra benefits he would have gotten had he retired on Sunday as planned.

Pensions -- public as well as private -- are required to meet certain vesting requirements, and, in fact, the FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) benefits vest at five years, meaning that benefit accruals cannot be taken away.

In fact, McCabe is all of 49 years old, likely 50 by the time readers see this, and what he lost out on was, as CNN much more calmly recounts, the ability to take his benefits at age 50, rather than somewhere between age 57 and age 62, and he lost his eligibility to a special top-up in benefit formula. These are, admittedly, tangible financial losses, but it is grossly misleading that various news outlets are giving the general public the impression that he has lost his pension entirely.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/201 ... f12918236d

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm

So I realize that this is not strictly about Donald himself, but about his son, but: in the midst of Donald Jr.'s divorce from his wife, it's come out that he was at one point having an affair with Aubrey O'Day, a singer formerly of the pop group Danity Kane.

(If you don't remember who they are, never fear, no one really does.)

Apparently the affair ended some time ago, because Aubrey wrote a song that is strongly believed to be about her breakup with Donald Jr, namely because the name of the song is 'DJT' -- presumably standing for "Donald J. Trump".

Also, Donald Jr. may have been the inspiration for another song released by her -- a remix of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know".

Featuring lyrics like:

Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you told me that your marriage was a lie
Told me that I brought you back to life
Couldn't live without me by your side
Didn't care about the sex you begged to fuck my mind

You can get addicted to a certain kind of madness
You’d love to be a man your life just won’t allow
You said that was the reason for your pain
But you were scared to ruin your family's name
Your wife's the only one glad we are over

Also I'm sorry for anyone who listened to either of those songs and for what damage I have incurred on your ears.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby blehblah » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Trump shows he's the big boy in the room by responding to Biden saying he'd have stomped Trump had they been in highschool together.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... own-crying

Trump Tweet wrote:Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!

Trump really has a way of revealing his fears as threats.

Watch out, Joe - when Trump starts swinging those kitten-sized mitts, it could tickle like all get-out. Be sure to run ten or so meters before engaging, if Trump makes it that far without a golf cart.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Biden shouldn't say things like that, though. It's unbecoming. Or should I say "Trumpian"?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm

He's fucking bragging about Cambridge Analytica!

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 pm

So many of his tweets are just straight up public masturbation.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Crimson847 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Biden shouldn't say things like that, though. It's unbecoming. Or should I say "Trumpian"?

You'd think the 2016 primaries would have taught people a valuable lesson: never try to wrestle a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Indeed. Or, as I have quoted previously: don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 pm

The only thing a master of the sword has to fear is an idiot with a sword, as there's no telling what that idiot might do.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Indeed. Or, as I have quoted previously: don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

You beat me to it. That is on of my fav's.

That, and...

Mark Zuckerberg wrote:People just submitted it. I don't know why. They 'trust me'. Dumb fucks.

Indeed, Zuck... indeed.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:02 pm

If anyone wants a good, satisfying belly laugh, I recommend reading about Trump's threat to veto the spending bill the Senate passed today.

Earlier, Trump had said he might not sign the measure into law due to his dissatisfaction with how both issues had been addressed in the bill. "I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded," Trump tweeted Friday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... -daca.html

That's right, at first he tried to claim he wanted to veto the bill because it doesn't protect DACA recipients. That's like Bernie Sanders voting against a bill because "it would hurt Wall Street's profits", or Steve Bannon voting against a GOP candidate for "not being establishment enough".

Apparently nobody even pretended to buy that line, since he promptly switched to focusing solely on the lack of wall funding.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:43 pm

It is interesting that at some point, the language changed. Instead of "Trump tweeted", it's now, "Trump said".

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw

Trump's Twitter Account wrote:I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded.

Trump killed DACA, but it doesn't matter. Trump pooped his pants while thinking of ways to look strong in the face of a $1,300,000,000,000 spending bill. "It's my one point three trebillion, and you losers get to spend it only because I say so, despite the failed Democrats fake-newsing the DACA ratings, because I love migrants, but it's only because I allowed it, because I'm amazing."

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:52 pm

BTW: Just in case anyone was wondering, he signed the bill like 2 hours later. So no worries about a government shutdown.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Just gotta pop in real quick to say that, if anyone should care, that the whole transcript of Bidens fight thingy should be read by anyone wanting context. A bit of a summary would be-

'I've been in locker rooms. People would get punched for talking like that about ladies. I shouldn't have said that but from my experience it's always the worst type of people who say what he said. The ones who don't get the girl'

It was actually a lot tamer than people are making it out to be. If I remember I'll try to post link later.

edit clip (headphone warning at the "beat the hell outta him" line)-

Last edited by SandTea on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

PreviousNext