President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 am

They are anti-abortion. They think life begins at conception, so it's not a fetus, it's a baby.

Just a tidbit: the Trumps tried to vote via absentee ballot at the recent New York mayoral election, but screwed up in various ways:

Melania didn't sign the envelope she put the ballot in, making her vote invalid. She also wrote "USA" under "county where you live in" (probably misreading it as "country").

Ivanka signed the ballot correctly, but didn't mail it until Election Day, making it invalid as well.

Trump got his own birthday wrong, writing July 14 instead of June 14.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Piter Lauchy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Trump got his own birthday wrong, writing July 14 instead of June 14.

I feel like you didn't put enough emphasis on this.
The President of the United States of America, aka the most powerful man in the world, got his own birthday wrong.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Well, maybe he didn't; maybe someone else filled the ballot and he just signed it.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Grimstone wrote:EDIT: snipped YouTube

A backwards question mark wearing a beanie hat topped by a propeller is nominated to, erm, something judgy.

Q "Do you know anything about the job you have been nominated for?"

A "Once, at TCS, I actually followed one of Avi's longer comments from beginning to end."

Q "And did you understand it?"

A "I once, once I, I, Avi, I read it, once, and because my, I'm not today required to, in the course of my day-to-day jackassery..."

Q "Can you spell 'law'"

A "Please use it in a sentence."

Q "According to the law, you are guilty of not having a clue, and shall therefore not get this job."

A "One, I see what you did there, and two, you're not the judge of me."

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 pm

If that makes anyone feel better, the man has withdrawn his nomination. He was the second out of Trump's totally unqualified judicial picks to withdraw; the first was Brett Talley, who not only never tried a case, but also failed to disclose that his wife works in the White House.

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Piter Lauchy wrote:The President of the United States of America, aka the most powerful man in the world, got his own birthday wrong.

There have been times when I've accidentally written my birth year as the current year.

I think that means I'm at least qualified to be Secretary of State?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Grimstone » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Aquila89 wrote:If that makes anyone feel better, the man has withdrawn his nomination. He was the second out of Trump's totally unqualified judicial picks to withdraw; the first was Brett Talley, who not only never tried a case, but also failed to disclose that his wife works in the White House.

Fun fact, he was also a horror novelist and a ghost hunter.

Talley has published three horror novels/novellas and two "true ghost stories"; in 2011, Talley's Lovecraftian horror novel That Which Should Not Be was a finalist for the Bram Stoker Award. Talley was part of The Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group, which investigated claims of paranormal phenomenon such as ghosts. With TPRG co-founder David Higdon he wrote the book Haunted Tuscaloosa about the group's investigations

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby Aquila89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Trump redesigned the presidential challenge coin. (These coins " stem from the military tradition of exchanging coins covertly through a handshake. Presidents give them to troops, visitors and other members of the public.") Now it has a lot more gold on it, there's a huge ribbon-shaped add-on the bottom with his name, and it says "Make America great again" instead of "E pluribus unum". It's just as tasteless and tacky as everything else associated with him.

The coin compared to past models:

Spoiler: show

And from the front:

Spoiler: show

(It's only a matter of time before he actually paints the White House gold.)

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Trump's need for praise is downright creepy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... fa26a3405e

At Wednesday's Cabinet meeting, Vice President Pence decided he'd just handle praising Trump for the entire team.

Over nearly three minutes, Pence offered plaudit after plaudit after plaudit, praising Trump's vision, his words, his strategy and his results in light of the passage of tax cuts. By the end, Pence offered 14 separate commendations for Trump in less than three minutes -- math that works out to one every 12.5 seconds. And each bit of praise was addressed directly to Trump, who was seated directly across the table.

To call the video awkward is giving awkwardness a bad name. Trump just sits there, arms crossed, occasionally nodding his head, as Pence gargles Trump's balls lists all the ways Trump is a super-hero.

Trump also rushed to sign the tax legislation, rather than waiting until early January as was originally planned, because of cable news.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmq4 ... rong-vgtrn

His decision wasn't prompted by the counsel of his advisors, or some ingenious political revelation—he signed the bill into law to prove the losers and haters of American cable news wrong.

"I was going to wait for a formal signing some time in early January, but then I watched the news this morning and they were all saying, 'Will he keep his promise, will he sign it by Christmas?'" Trump said during the signing. "And I called downstairs and said, 'Get it ready, we have to sign it now.'"

He later headed off to spend Christmas in Mar-a-Lago after not holding a press conference.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/politics/ ... index.html

President Donald Trump told aides he was eager to take questions Friday and hold a news conference to tout his accomplishments before leaving for Mar-a-Lago, but some advisers argued against it.

The aides were eager to avoid him being besieged with questions about the investigation into Russian election meddling and other matters that could overshadow the tax bill he had signed into law, two White House officials told CNN.

Imagine the conversation.

Trump: Aw, c'mon, man, the people love me, they need to hear me Trump-smash the lying media and that fucking loser, Mulder.
Kelly: You mean Mueller, sir, and the answer is still a firm 'no'.
Trump: But I waaaant it! You have to let me have it! I'm President, see, it says so on my shiny coins!
Kelly: We'll let you hold a rally in January.
Trump: *sniff* You promise?

If Trump's staff have done one single thing right this year, it's keeping Trump away from pressers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 976675001/

President Trump has only had one official solo press conference in his first year in office – far fewer than any of his modern predecessors.

The nonprofit American Presidency Project, which collects data on presidential press conferences dating back to the Nixon administration, noted the single press conference, which took place on Feb. 16.

Comparably, Barack Obama held seven in his first year in office, while George W. Bush held four.

Here's how everyone else stacked up during their first years in office:

- Bill Clinton: 11
- George H. W. Bush: 27
- Ronald Reagan: 6
- Jimmy Carter: 22
- Gerald Ford (who only served from August to December in his first year as president): 4
- Richard Nixon: 6

NB: I edited the formatting of the list for clarity.

As noted in some articles, Trump has been at joint press conferences with foreign leaders, which simply aren't the same. Also, Trump's single press conference puts him in a tie for POTUS press conference in 2017, with Obama.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/news_conferences.php

Here is a video of Trump's one and only press conference.

Yeah, it really is solid strategy to not do that more than once a year.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

The less corruption, the more press conferences.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:45 pm

My favorite joke from any of the Comedy Central roasts was the one Seth McFarlane delivered about Trump:

"When Trump bangs a supermodel, he closes his eyes and imagines he's jerking off."

He doesn't see himself as a public servant. He's an attention whore and it'll never stop showing through.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby blehblah » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 pm

New York Times is reporting some colourful language from Trump about people applying for visas from Haiti and Nigeria.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/us/p ... ation.html

According to six officials who attended or were briefed about the meeting, Mr. Trump then began reading aloud from the document, which his domestic policy adviser, Stephen Miller, had given him just before the meeting. The document listed how many immigrants had received visas to enter the United States in 2017.

More than 2,500 were from Afghanistan, a terrorist haven, the president complained.

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa, recalled the two officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive conversation in the Oval Office.

As the meeting continued, John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security, and Rex W. Tillerson, the secretary of state, tried to interject, explaining that many were short-term travelers making one-time visits. But as the president continued, Mr. Kelly and Mr. Miller turned their ire on Mr. Tillerson, blaming him for the influx of foreigners and prompting the secretary of state to throw up his arms in frustration. If he was so bad at his job, maybe he should stop issuing visas altogether, Mr. Tillerson fired back.

Tempers flared and Mr. Kelly asked that the room be cleared of staff members. But even after the door to the Oval Office was closed, aides could still hear the president berating his most senior advisers.

Naturally, the administration denies the use of such language. Attempting to block immigration from 'not-so-white' places isn't something they really try to deny all that much, mind you, just the exact language used.

Not that it's a stretch to imagine Trump saying those things.

Those who know Mr. Trump say that his attitude toward immigrants long predates his entry into politics.

“He’s always been fearful where other cultures are concerned and always had anxiety about food and safety when he travels,” said Michael D’Antonio, who interviewed him for the biography “The Truth About Trump.” “His objectification and demonization of people who are different has festered for decades.”

Friends say Mr. Trump, a developer turned reality TV star, grew to see immigration as a zero-sum issue: What is good for immigrants is bad for America. In 2014, well before becoming a candidate, he tweeted: “Our government now imports illegal immigrants and deadly diseases. Our leaders are inept.”

Basically, we're talking about a guy who used to help his daddy make sure non-whites didn't get rentals in their buildings. That was back when he was an idealistic youth. I somehow doubt he's softened his stance along his journey to being a seventy-one year-old xenophobe. Here's a guy who is obviously very uncomfortable around people who aren't like him. The 'leader of the free world' is scared of most of the world, folks, preferring to hang with other old, rich, white people at one of his resorts.

It's a small wonder he didn't have a total melt-down during his trip to the Middle East (and Israel, if you recall Trump's version of geography) or during his trip through Asia-Pacific. It probably helps that he had the red carpet rolled-out for him, along with well-done steak and ketchup. It's astounding that you can rattle a POTUS simply by making him travel, and then get him grovelling on your behalf simply by stroking his ego and dropping a plate of comfort foot in front of him. SAD!

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Haitian immigrants all have AIDS? Trump's racial stereotypes are stuck in the 1980s.

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 pm

One of the odd things about Trump is he has so little control of what comes out of his mouth that he occasionally tells the truth.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mar- ... tmas-trip/

President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club — including to two friends at a table near the president's who described the remark to CBS News — as he began his final days of his first year in office in what has become known as the "Winter White House."

Indeed, Mr. President, your pals will be able to afford yachts that are few feet longer, not to mention spending more on absolute necessities.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... lot-richer

But his reported comments to guests at Mar-a-Lago, where initiation fees cost $200,000 and carries annual membership fees of $14,000, are certain to grate opponents who reject Trump’s characterization of the tax bill as a break for the middle class.

Maybe next week he can hit a community center in a rougher part of Chicago and explain to the peasants just how lucky they are to have such a benevolent POTUS. An interpretive dance representation of trickle-down economics would surely be highly effective.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:09 am

Twas the night before Christmas, when through the White House
Not a Kushner was resting, not even his spouse;
The documents were hung by the shredder with care,
In fears that Bob Mueller soon would be there;

The staffers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of subpoenas danced in their heads;
And Melania in her babushka, and Trump in his cap,
Flew to Mar-a-Lago for a long winter’s nap,

When on the TV there remained such a matter,
There was Brennan, Podesta and man named Jim Clapper.
With bribes fresh in hand, they flew like the flash,
The greedy corporations did suck up the cash.

The Congress rejoiced the records will show
Feigned promises of riches to the peasants below,
When, what to amazement FoxNews should appear,
Took aim at Bob Mueller, with permission to smear,

With disinfo flying, so rapid and thick,
I knew in a moment it must be Bolshevik.
More rapid than vultures his hackers they came,
And they posted and trolled, as they sought to defame;

“Now, Fancy! now, Cozy! now, Seaduke and BlackEnergy!
On, Havex! on Sandworm! on, Skipper and CrouchingYeti!
To the DNC server! Past the paper’s firewall!
Now exfiltrate, exfiltrate, exfiltrate all!”

Then the Kremlin called Julian, their reliable guy,
To leak to the world, the docs that they plied,
And the Stone who was named Roger bragged on it too,
With the dirty tricks methods that Vladi knew.

And they carried on lying that there was never the proof,
They fogged and distracted and acted aloof.
But their plan would unravel, spin wild to the ground,
And the FBI went digging and looking all around.

Then came the big man, he was Special Counsel to be,
And he hired top lawyers, and then empaneled grand jury;
There were interviews and hearings, this man would not slack,
And he pressed forward justly, with a determined knack.

His eyes were like eagles, they missed not a thing,
His presence was heavy, his targets would sing!
His sleuthing was famous, if you must know,
And his integrity was solid, like the ground below;

The facts that were surfaced he held tight in his teeth,
And as he dug for truth morsels that were buried beneath;
He was focused on the crooked, the wretched and smelly,
They did shake full of fear as we watched on the tele.

He questioned each of them from the son to the elf,
And I rejoiced at the justice, then I thought to myself;
Under orange little man with weird hair on his head,
The great justice of America was certainly not dead,

He did push and did pull but it just would not work,
And did hit Twitter daily, to act like a jerk,
And he threw little tizzy fits, like a toddler in chief,
But we saw he was crooked, though no ordinary thief;

Though it took time, and labor we could would no longer bristle,
As we finally saw Congress call for his dismissal.
And as justice was served, he was hauled out of sight,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

Malcolm Nance

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

PreviousNext