President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: President Trump makes himself an even BIGGER asshole

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm

An airplane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.

The 1st passenger said, "I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player. The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can't afford to die." So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.

The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, "I am the newly-elected U.S. President, and I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don't want me to die." He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10 year old schoolboy, "My son, I am old and don't have many years left, you have more years ahead so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little boy said, "That's okay, Your Holiness, there's a parachute left for you. America's smartest President took my schoolbag."

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Anglerphobe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 pm

I don't know much about parachuting, but couldn't you hold a ten year old boy in your arms and use the same parachute? I expect you'd eat shit when you hit the ground, but that's better than one of you just falling naturally.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Krashlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:An airplane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.

The 1st passenger said, "I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player. The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can't afford to die." So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.

The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, "I am the newly-elected U.S. President, and I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don't want me to die." He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10 year old schoolboy, "My son, I am old and don't have many years left, you have more years ahead so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little boy said, "That's okay, Your Holiness, there's a parachute left for you. America's smartest President took my schoolbag."

Heh! Oldie but a goodie.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 am

Personally, if I were Trump I'd be insulted by the "man" part. It suggests that he's not a mischievous little boy at heart.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 pm

During a trip to China, three UCLA basketball players, LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley were recently arrested and accused of stealing a pair of sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store. When he was in China, Trump reportedly raised the matter with President Xi; the players were subsequently released. Trump tweeted afterwards: "Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!"

What a needy little shit. As it happens, the players did thank him at a press conference held on the same day he tweeted this.

However, a few days later LaVar Ball, LiAngelo's father downplayed Trump's contribution. So Trump tweeted this: "Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!"

So, by his own logic; because of the father of one of the three players wasn't sufficiently grateful, they all deserve 10 years in a Chinese jail. Moreover, the President is only willing to help American citizens if they and all their family members personally thank him for it.

Nice.

Also, "unaccepting" is not a word.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Aquila89 wrote:Also, "unaccepting" is not a word.

It is, though.

And if you don't believe Wiktionary because it's a wiki, believe me when I say it's a word I might conceivably use. Searching through the forums, both Tess and Crimson have also used it, and they disagree on almost everything.

Now, Trump is using it unrightly, he clearly meant to say "ungrateful for," but it is in fact a word.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:22 pm

I thought it wasn't because my spell checker underlines it. Anyway, the sub-sentence "LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal" still makes no sense.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Trump tried to trample on the First Amendment again after learning that an NFL player stood for Mexico's national anthem but not the U.S. anthem during a game played in Mexico City.

"Marshawn Lynch of the NFL's Oakland Raiders stands for the Mexican Anthem and sits down to boos for our National Anthem. Great disrespect! Next time NFL should suspend him for remainder of season. Attendance and ratings way down," he tweeted.

Land of the free, indeed.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby blehblah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Trump's obsession with the UCLA players continues, thanks to the father of one of the players, and of course, Trump's inability to walk away from a petty argument.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultu ... itter-rage

This minor international incident might have ended there, another in a long line of Presidents helping Americans get out of tight legal spots in autocratic foreign countries. Yet when LaVar Ball was asked by ESPN about Trump’s involvement in the case, Ball pretended not to have heard of him. “Who?” he asked, before adding, “What was he over there for? Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out.” Trump caught wind of this and responded in a series of angry tweets, writing, at one point, “I should have left them in jail!” On Monday, LaVar Ball went on CNN to keep up his end of this affair, again refusing to thank the President, referring to himself in the third person, and taking the opportunity to promote his clothing brand: “Tell Donald Trump to have a great Thanksgiving because Big Baller is.”

It’s hard, in this spat, to pick a hero. Steve Kerr, the coach of the Golden State Warriors, who has emerged in these odd times as a national voice of reason, blamed the media for giving both men the kind of exposure they crave (sorry, Coach) and added, “It would be nice . . . if both of them would just be quiet. Wouldn’t that be great?” Nice, perhaps, but, after Trump’s tweets on Wednesday, not to be. Unlike many of the other personal feuds that Trump has stoked from the Oval Office, his interlocutor this time has no personal or practical reasons to back down—especially now that he has been addressed with the racially coded word “ungrateful,” often applied to black athletes who speak up. For this feud to end, it will likely fall on Trump to do something uncharacteristic: letting the other guy have the last word.

It is not hard to not pick a hero when there isn't one. To figure-out who is the bigger douchebag, simply ponder which of the two is the President of the United States.

As unsettling as it was to see an American President’s psychological motivations so deftly evaluated by a famously erratic despot, it was equally, though less gravely, startling to notice that, between Trump and LaVar Ball, it was Ball who seemed closer to reason. On Monday night, on CNN, Ball said, “Let him do his political affairs and let me handle my son, and let’s just stay in our lane.” Here, finally, LaVar Ball proved himself naïve. For Trump, “political affairs” are indistinguishable from his own personal grievances. He has obliterated the very notion of lanes.

The despot in question is Kim Jong-Un.

I can boil-down the gist of this New Yorker article fairly easily. Trump is the troll in-chief. This LaVar Ball guy is also a rather accomplished troll. They are both attention hogs. By pursuing this feud (ugh - so pop culture) in the media, they are both getting what they crave. The difference is one debases the people he serves and the office he holds, while the other is some guy who runs a sporting goods outfit, of whom most of the world did not know existed until Trump elevated him by being an even BIGGER asshole.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby blehblah » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:43 am

Tump SoHo says SoHolong to the Trump brand.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wo ... e37056119/

The Trump SoHo hotel is dropping the name it shares with the U.S. president.

The Trump Organization said Wednesday that it is ending its licensing deal with the New York hotel amid reports that the property has struggled to attract business.

[...]

One of its original backers turned out to be a businessman convicted in a Mafia-linked stock fraud scheme. Later, Trump's three oldest children were alleged to have defrauded buyers of condominiums in the building in a case that was settled in 2011.

Last month, a New York City prosecutor who had dropped a probe sparked by the fraud suit returned a $32,000 campaign contribution from a lawyer who represented the Trump Organization in the investigation. The prosecutor said the contribution had no impact on his decision to drop the probe.

Trump getting into bed with sketchy backers of buildings where Trump invests not a penny, licenses his brand and ties it to management of the hotel, all while the whole thing turns to shit and somehow everyone (on paper) takes a bath while Trump extracts a few million... that seems to be much of the Trump organization 'art of the deal' playbook.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... -york.html

In November 2011, the Trumps and other defendants paid 90 per cent of $3.16 million in deposits to settle claims from buyers of condominium units that Trump, his children and others had inflated sales figures in what turned out to be a struggling project. The Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance Jr., was pursuing a criminal investigation into the same issue, The New York Times reported last year. Prosecutors felt they had enough evidence to build a case, but Vance overruled his lawyers, several news organizations reported last month.

At the same time, a separate lawsuit alleged that the project was backed by felons and financing from Russia. Felix Sater, a Russian deal maker, felon and FBI informant, had helped facilitate the deal, the lawsuit said.

As time went on, the connection with Sater caused headaches for Trump through the campaign and the first year of his presidency. The Times reported this year how Sater continued to push for a Trump Tower in Moscow, even during the presidential campaign.

That last article is from November 22nd. Here's the Toronto Star having a field day with this back on October 21st:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... nyway.html

The parallels between Trump’s tower in New York’s SoHo neighbourhood — which also entered bankruptcy — and the Toronto development, are striking: Both towers used the same hybrid hotel-condo model; both ran into trouble when the global financial crisis hit in 2007 and some unit purchasers walked away, while others sued. In both projects, Trump claimed to have a financial stake, only later to admit that it was a licensing deal. In both projects Trump family members presented inflated sales figures when the towers, in reality, stood nearly empty.

In the New York case, Trump’s children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka, were investigated for potential felony fraud charges for their role in misrepresenting sales figures.

Today, more than five years after the Toronto tower opened, the skyscraper on Adelaide St. remains three-quarters empty, current property records show.

Last fall, the tower’s development company, Talon International Inc., went bankrupt, unable to repay more than $300 million owing on the construction loan. While the tower’s new owners have removed Trump’s name, the full story of who partnered with Trump to build in Toronto has never been told.

TorStar really digs into this one, and it is quite entertaining.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby tinyrick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 am

Trump just tweeted some crazy ass site called magapill.com, which is full of conspiracy crap, while calling CNN fake news.

https://thinkprogress.org/what-is-magap ... 18b6f2ed0/

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

In an event honoring Native American code talkers who served during World War II, Trump yet again called Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" (it's such a funny and original joke, and especially appropriate for the occasion).

"You were here long before any of us were here,” Trump said, standing beneath a portrait of former President Andrew Jackson. “Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas.”

Turning to the veterans, Trump said "but do you know what? I like you."

(Also, beneath a portrait of Andrew Jackson? How sensitive.)

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby SandTea » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 pm

When I came to that "under a portrait of Jackson" part I winced. That's not unexpected I guess.

Have you folk heard the new news from the realest newser who has ever newsed? That pussy grabber tape is fake! Not locker room talk anymore. I think he might have said "fake" once too many times and now like an annoying teenager who uses 'literally' way too often he just can't help calling things fake.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby sunglasses » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm

So, Trump retweeted some... "lovely" Britain First videos. Here's some responses you may not have been expecting:

lolololol.PNG
lolololol.PNG (217.63 KiB) Viewed 3885 times

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Aquila89 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Paul Joseph Watson? He thinks Britain First has a worse reputation than Infowars? Or would he say that retweeting him wouldn't be "great optics" for Trump either?

One of the videos Trump retweeted - "Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!" - is fake news; the man was neither Muslim nor a migrant. When reporters pointed this out to Sarah Huckabee Sanders, her response was this: "Whether it's a real video, the threat is real. "[Trump's] goal is to promote strong border security and strong national security. I'm not talking about the nature of the video. I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. The threat is real, and that's what the president is talking about."

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext