Convicted rapist sentenced to 6 months in prison

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Convicted rapist sentenced to 6 months in prison

Postby jbobsully11 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 am

FaceTheCitizen wrote:
cmsellers wrote:BRB. I need to go rape an old lady, defraud a baby, and remove the vocal chords of an annoying acquaintance.

Six week sentence.

Let's not go overboard.

A stern talking to should get the point across well enough, don't you think?

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Australia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:40 pm

FaceTheCitizen wrote:
cmsellers wrote:BRB. I need to go rape an old lady, defraud a baby, and remove the vocal chords of an annoying acquaintance.

Six week sentence.

I hate to be a grammar nazi but I believe you mean "two weak sentences".

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby cmsellers » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:11 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:
FaceTheCitizen wrote:Six week sentence.

Let's not go overboard.

A stern talking to should get the point across well enough, don't you think?

Seller's mother wrote:To the Honorable Judge Jorbert Sully,

This ordeal has been intensely trying for my dear, innocent son. He now sleeps only twelve hours a day, and I often see him awake during daylight hours. He seems no longer to derive pleasure from such ordinary activities as vivisecting puppies and pushing cripples into the street. The other day, I watched him taunting orphans about their familial deficiencies, and I swear he was just going through the motions. I bought him a $10 bar of chocolate; not only did he not complain that it wasn't the $30 bar, he ate less than half of it in one sitting. He's barely 300 pounds and I worry he will wither away to nothing.

Now I hear that you propose to give him a stern talking to. My dear young Mulberry has never handled sternness, and I fear it will destroy what little of him there is left. And this is even before the stigma of a criminal conviction, which will make it almost as difficult for him to find a job as if he were a colored. Please Judge Sully, if there is any compassion in you, give him a reminder that boys need to be boys, and help him understand that while that is no excuse for not skirting the law on its correct side, he will strive to do better in the future.

The suffering he's been through in being caught, tried, and prosecuted for a bit of youthful exuberance is all out of proportion to the offenses he committed and I beg you not to further ruin his life merely because he and his friends let the games they were playing get a little out of hand. If you agree to reduce his sentence to a wink and a smile and to seal and expunge his conviction, he has pledged not just to ensure that he isn't caught committing prosecutable actions in the future, but also that he will seek to educate other young men from similar backgrounds on how to do the same.

Thank you,
Ms. M. C. Sellers, Esq.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:30 am

Oh boy.

Looks like he's trying to make his sentence even more lenient, and he's using stupid arguments like "I didn't rape her by a dumpster, it was actually by trees."

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:36 am

Tesseracts wrote:Oh boy.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

Isn't there some way for this maneuver to bite him in the ass? Like, what if they give him another trial and convict him again - can he then be sentenced to six years? I will go out and seed some good karma so that I can EARN this wish!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:42 am

Judge Aaron Persky has been recalled.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby cmsellers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 am

Deathclaw_Puncher wrote:Judge Aaron Persky has been recalled.

I'm torn.
On one hand, I hate judicial elections.
On the other hand, good fucking riddance.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:52 am

No kidding. It wasn't even a one-time error of judgment for him.

For the campaign, though, it goes beyond Turner. On its website, it lists several other cases in which, according to the campaign, Persky “appeared to favor athletes and other relatively privileged individuals accused of sex crimes or violence against women.”

One of those other cases, reported by Katie Baker at BuzzFeed, has drawn criticism even from some of Persky’s biggest supporters.

In 2015, Ikaika Gunderson, 21, beat and choked his ex-girlfriend, confessed to police, and “three months later pleaded no contest to a felony count of domestic violence,” according to Baker.

Instead of giving Gunderson prison time — potentially up to four years — Persky cut him a break. He delayed sentencing for more than a year to give Gunderson a chance to attend the University of Hawaii and play football, as he’d always dreamed of. At the end of the year, Persky said he’d reevaluate the charges against Gunderson if he completed, among other requirements, a domestic violence program. This was very unusual and may have violated federal law that puts restrictions on where offenders can move out of state, Baker noted.

Persky, however, didn’t have Gunderson monitored. Within a year, Gunderson failed to meet requirements in the agreement (including part of the domestic violence program), dropped out of the University of Hawaii, and was arrested for another domestic violence charge in Washington state when he allegedly punched his father.

Retired Judge LaDoris Cordell, who’s appeared on national news outlets typically defending Persky, said that “[t]here are so many problems with how this case was handled that I’m not even sure where to start.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ock-turner

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:06 pm

At what point is an odd rationalization a legitimate cause for suspicion?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Previous