Roy Moore's revolving door

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Roy Moore's revolving door

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm

sunglasses wrote:
And apparently people were boycotting Keurig by smashing their Keurigs or something because the coffee makers pulled commercials from Hannity's showspecifically because of his Moore coverage. I believe specifically it was because he suggested a 14 year old could legally consent. Reminds me of the people who burn books and records. You've done bought the product dummy. Burning it does dick. You've gave the company money. That's not how a boycott works.

It's not so much the boycott that is the threat, but the tantrum.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby sunglasses » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 pm

McConnell has stated he believes Moore should step down.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm

See! The Swamp is trying to take down the honorable judge because he's so moral they can't stand it!

On a more serious note, he apparently met the fourteen-year-old at her custody hearing and offered to watch her. Her mother trusted him as a fucking judge. Sexually-assaulting minors is gross and creepy, but using his position of trust and authority to get himself alone with minors makes it way, way worse.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Cobra-D » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Welp another victim is coming forward saying he sexually assaulted her as a minor.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm

cmsellers wrote:See! The Swamp is trying to take down the honorable judge because he's so moral they can't stand it!

That's pretty much what Moore's response was.

The person who should step aside is @SenateMajLdr Mitch McConnell. He has failed conservatives and must be replaced. #DrainTheSwamp

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Cobra-D wrote:Welp another victim is coming forward saying he sexually assaulted her as a minor.

Ahead of Allred’s press conference, Moore’s campaign released the following statement:

“Gloria Allred is a sensationalist leading a witch hunt, and she is only around to create a spectacle. Allred was the attorney who claims credit for giving us Roe v. Wade which has resulted in the murder of tens of millions of unborn babies.

This enrages me. Trying to deflect away from molestation accusations by invoking abortion is so sick. He should be ashamed of himself.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 pm

The accuser, Beverly Young Nelson stated that like Leigh Corfman, Moore's first accuser, she voted for Trump, and "This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Republicans or the Democrats. It has everything to do with Mr. Moore’s sexual assault when I was a teenager.”

I do wonder about something though. Corfman and Nelson expect people to believe them when they accuse Roy Moore with sexual assault. Yet, they voted for Trump so in all likelihood, they did not believe the women who accused Trump with the same.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 am

Aquila89 wrote:I do wonder about something though. Corfman and Nelson expect people to believe them when they accuse Roy Moore with sexual assault. Yet, they voted for Trump so in all likelihood, they did not believe the women who accused Trump with the same.

Not necessarily. Of the top of my head it's possible that 1. they blamed themselves until Allred contacted them and therefore also blamed Trump's victims prior to that time, 2. they believed that sexually assaulting an adult isn't automatically disqualifying, or 3. they honestly believed that Hillary was so uniquely awful that she had to be blocked at all costs.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Cobra-D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 am

cmsellers wrote:
Aquila89 wrote:I do wonder about something though. Corfman and Nelson expect people to believe them when they accuse Roy Moore with sexual assault. Yet, they voted for Trump so in all likelihood, they did not believe the women who accused Trump with the same.

Not necessarily. Of the top of my head it's possible that 1. they blamed themselves until Allred contacted them and therefore also blamed Trump's victims prior to that time, 2. they believed that sexually assaulting an adult isn't automatically disqualifying, or 3. they honestly believed that Hillary was so uniquely awful that she had to be blocked at all costs.

Oh it's probably the third option. I've been reading the conservative sub Reddit and most post about this have boiled down to:

"Man this is horrible, we can't vote for him if this true."

"Yeah but then the democrat will win"

" how bout a write-in?"

"Nah that'll just split the vote, best to vote for Moore."

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 am

e0a56b2.jpg
e0a56b2.jpg (77.18 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 am

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby blehblah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Following on Damiana's comment.

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Trial-by- ... 29477.html

It is simply impossible to know the truth about all the allegations flying around the country involving famous people. Every American should clamor for justice in all cases of alleged wrongdoing - that’s a given. As history shows us, once justice is replaced by totalitarianism, oppression takes over.

In America, we now have trial by media. And, of course, the media can easily be manipulated and in some cases, the press is flat out corrupt. So you will not get justice on the internet, on TV or the radio. The court system is the only place where a fair hearing is even possible. And you’d better have a lot of cash on hand if you wind up there.

[...]

President Trump survived his trial by media because he had a powerful organization behind him and fought hard against his detractors. Hillary Clinton survived for the same reason although she did not confront allegations against her as directly as Mr. Trump did.

In the future, things will get worse. There is no going back to innocent until proven guilty. All allegations will be treated as facts. And the country will pay a huge price for that.

Thanks for visiting BillOReilly.com. We hope you become a Premium Member. We will always tell you the truth.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but coming from Bill "I harassed several women and Fox and/or I paid tens of millions to keep it quiet whilst I 'bloviated' by yelling my ill-informed judgments from my very high horse", is pretty fucking rich.

Sorry, Bill, but you lost the moral high-ground a long time ago, and it happened while you were one of the most powerful people in 'the media', very, very rich, and backed by even richer entities. You had every resource imaginable in your corner, and you still got tossed like the dirty cum sock dish rag that you are, because every now and then, somehow, someway, the truth does matter.

Sorry... I got on a bit of a rant there... but really... what a douchebag.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby tinyrick » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Women have been posting pictures of themselves at 14 on Twitter to show how sick dating a 14 year old is.

Great, now you've given something for Roy Moore to look at when he's in the bathroom.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

So there has been a lot of talk about pressuring Moore to drop out and mounting a write-in campaign. The only person who has the necessary name-recognition and popularity in Alabama to do that would be good ol' Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.

This is actually a frightening situation to me. Imagine this: Moore drops out. Sessions steps down as AG and goes on to win the Senate seat. Trump replaces Sessions with someone who is not recused from the Russia investigation. That new AG would be able to easily shut things down.

Lose-lose.

Fortunately, for the time being Moore seems unwilling to drop out, and Sessions doesn't want to step down as AG, but I'm too cynical to believe it can't happen.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby sunglasses » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Well, people know who Luther Strange is. Plus his name is easy to spell.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext