Are you an organ donor?

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Are you an organ donor?

Yes
70%
No
27%
No but this thread convinced me to become one immediately.
4%

Total votes : 56

Re: Are you an organ donor?

Postby SlayerGoddess » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 am

Yes, I have the organ donor thing on my license, which is always on me. Nobody in my family would object. I have done what I could in the past. I donated blood twice, with no problems, but I barely reached the weight minimum. I later donating plasma for some cash; I was a few pounds too light to donate blood if I'd tried, but heavy enough to donate plasma. I needed 100 dollars for my upcoming rent bill and I didn't want to bug my family for it if I could make it myself. There was a promotion where if you donated 4 times in 2 weeks you got increasing amounts of cash. My blood pressure was only high enough to donate every other time, and that was after the employees there told me ways to temporarily increase it. After the 3rd time, it was like I was incredibly drunk- I could barely walk, my balance was gone, and i'm surprised I didn't pass out on the bus ride home. I was terrified that I would go into shock because of all the warnings that it could happen afterwards, but I didn't know the symptoms of shock, and I was terrified that if I fell asleep I wouldn't wake up again. When my mom found out, she told me that I was too small to be donating and that I should have just asked her for the money. The place called asking me to come in a 4th time. I told them no because I had almost gone into shock the last time (which is what I believed at the time), and the person on the other side of the phone told me "But it's $35, isn't that worth it?" I was too shocked by their disregard for my life to verbally respond. I have never believed that my life is worth that little, and a hospital bill would have put me into debt because I didn't have health insurance. I'll never forget being told that by what was, presumably, a medical professional.
I could donate my hair while I'm alive, but I won't unless I reach a point when I never want long hair again, and do a single big donation. I have friends and relatives who donated when they were getting a lot of hair cut off, but I'm not ready for that. It took me a decade to get my hair to the lovely, really long, healthy state it's in, and it doesn't grow fast. It reaches the bottom of my hips, my ends are healthy, and I get it trimmed a few times a year by someone who takes just a little off the ends and knows how to cut my hair straight. I don't know how many crooked haircuts I got before I started going to her.

TLDR: My organs are free once I'm dead, I can't donate blood or plasma anymore because of my small size, and if I ever decide to cut off most of my hair it will make a high quality donation.

I survived watching "50 Shades of Grey" for TCS Movie Night

3/7/15

NEVER FORGET
SlayerGoddess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: HER

Postby Windy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm

I don't donate organs because I hate society and everyone

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Windy wrote:I don't donate organs because I hate society and everyone

What better way to get back at them than by donating organs so they are enforced to endure life for even longer?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby SandTea » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Spoiler: show

I am pretty sure my organs arn't going to be of much use to the living though, so I expect my husk to end up in a body farm or something similar. Still fine with that.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby JamishT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 am

I wish I could donate my body to a body farm, I think those are rad.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby LunarTeaHouse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 am

Yes, but I selfishly wasn't until I went in for major spine surgery. I have 25 titanium pins in my spine along with some cadaver bone. I also had to have a blood transfusion during this time. So after recovering from all of that, I decided I would be a pretty big hypocrite to benefit from something and not contribute back to it.

Now I have a little donor sticker on my DL, and a rad bionic spine. This was because my spine didn't grow straight as I aged, instead it grew it into an S shape. Idiopathic scoliosis, 50 degrees. I gained an inch and a half after surgery, too.

*Edit, an inch and a half in height.

This is the most embarrassing piece of work since Clint Eastwood painted his wagon.
LunarTeaHouse
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Previous