Relationships and Attractiveness

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

How much do you care for looks?

I don't mind how my partner looks at all.
3%
A little bit, but I'm willing to overlook if he/she is cool enough.
19%
Not much, but wouldn't date someone whose's looks I don't appreciate at all.
49%
Quite a bit. He/she doesn't have to be a Hollywood star, but I require some attractiveness.
18%
I care a lot about looks, but I'd ditch someone gorgeous, but annoying for a cool and just pretty one.
10%
Looks are really important to me, even more than other features.
1%

Total votes : 73

Re: Relationships and Attractiveness

Postby gregfrankenstein » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:20 pm

I can't help but question people who say appearance doesn't matter in the slightest, unless they're the kind of person who's asexual but not aromantic. I'm sure there are underwhelming women and manly, manly men out there with whom I could be a close friend and live in a tiny apartment without hitting my head with a brick, but I can't force myself to sexually function if the spark ain't there. And maybe sex isn't a part of every relationship. That's cool. But damned if it isn't convenient to open the valve with your ring buddy.

And the nice thing about attractiveness is it's super subjective, so don't you worry your unconventional face about it. I for example have been told I have rather unusual taste. Not exclusively or anything, so just because I find you attractive doesn't mean you're an absolute gargoyle, but-- oh man, I'm digging a hole here.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby SandTea » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 am

I care a lot about looks but I'd ditch someone gorgeous but annoying for a cool and gorgeous one.

I would never be in a relationship with someone who isn't attractive. I will fuck people who aren't attractive though. Then coyote ugly myself and hope there were no witnesses.

That said, attraction can come from things other than looks or personality.... like if shes rich, has a pet tiger or is the daughter of my arch-nemesis. :twisted:

edit- holy shit! re-reading this... I think I'm Aladdin. Well, 2 outta three I guess.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby cmsellers » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 am

gregfrankenstein wrote:I can't help but question people who say appearance doesn't matter in the slightest, unless they're the kind of person who's asexual but not aromantic.

You mean like Carrie, who is 50% of those answers?

You'd think that if appearance didn't matter at all, you'd have to be asexual or bisexual. Otherwise, at the very least, the appearance a potential partner's genitals matters to you.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:09 pm

gregfrankenstein wrote:I can't help but question people who say appearance doesn't matter in the slightest, unless they're the kind of person who's asexual but not aromantic. I'm sure there are underwhelming women and manly, manly men out there with whom I could be a close friend and live in a tiny apartment without hitting my head with a brick, but I can't force myself to sexually function if the spark ain't there. And maybe sex isn't a part of every relationship. That's cool. But damned if it isn't convenient to open the valve with your ring buddy.

And the nice thing about attractiveness is it's super subjective, so don't you worry your unconventional face about it. I for example have been told I have rather unusual taste. Not exclusively or anything, so just because I find you attractive doesn't mean you're an absolute gargoyle, but-- oh man, I'm digging a hole here.

Appearance matters to me, but I also said I can find someone attractive in spite of an appearance I don't find attractive. I don't think not caring about appearance means you're asexual. For some people, there is a lot more to sexual attraction than visual attraction. For many people the visual part is necessary, but not for everyone.

For example, what if someone has been blind their whole life? Does that make them asexual? I doubt it.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby mancityfooty » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Probably more of a "touchy, feely" type.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby Maize » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 am

I chose number two, but I probably would be between two and three. I'm not going to pretend that I don't prefer physically attractive people. If someone looks like they emerged out of primordial ooze, I probably wouldn't consider dating them. If the relationship would become serious, I would prefer to find someone that would give a greater chance of any potential spawn to look relatively humanoid. Though, I do look more into qualities like temperament and friendliness.

Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:15 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby KleinerKiller » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 am

KleinerKiller wrote:On the one hand, I'm a hetero teen male

And now I'm a bi adult male. What a difference three years make.

(Also that's a really good look, Ghij)

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby cmsellers » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:45 am

KleinerKiller wrote:And now I'm a bi adult male. What a difference three years make.

And I still identified as heterosexual and male when I posted, though I was an official legal adult person both then and now.

KleinerKiller wrote:(Also that's a really good look, Ghij)

That he does.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Previous