Positive News Thread

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Positive News Thread

Postby PSTN » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Well, I'm sure it's good news for whoever took the puppy.

Jim, give back that girl's dog.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby EstebanColberto » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:08 pm

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201 ... h-to-china

The Asian carp is a huge problem in my area. They are an invasive species that reproduce like crazy and competes with food sources from other fish. Locals don't like the taste of them so it's hard to get us to eat them as a means to cull their population. However, the Chinese love the taste of Asian carp, so people have been fishing for them in droves and selling them to China. It's nice to hear about China actually solving an ecological crisis instead of starting one. Makes me tingly.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:16 pm

EstebanColberto wrote:http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/03/24/293846571/carp-e-diem-kentucky-sends-invasive-fish-to-china

The Asian carp is a huge problem in my area. They are an invasive species that reproduce like crazy and competes with food sources from other fish. Locals don't like the taste of them so it's hard to get us to eat them as a means to cull their population. However, the Chinese love the taste of Asian carp, so people have been fishing for them in droves and selling them to China. It's nice to hear about China actually solving an ecological crisis instead of starting one. Makes me tingly.

HarpingCarp must avenge his brethren.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:35 pm

sunglasses wrote:Jim, I think you're confused by what many would consider positive news.

calling Jim confused is.... well, it's an understatement to say the least

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:52 am

A McDonalds cashier closed the register to help a handicapped man eat.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 pm

This news from Iran is pretty cool.

The best thing is that the campaign was only calling on men to give back one specific right to their wives, but most men who responded went way beyond that and gave back all rights.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:42 pm

There haven't been any school shootings in the past 5 minutes!

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 am

http://www.nrtoday.com/news/18480453-11 ... r-grateful
http://share127.goingviralposts.biz/thi ... -bitterly/

This occurred during the Roseburg shooting:

The students are terrified and huddle together. Suddenly, Lacey hears a large pop right next to her. Instinctively, she knows it is a former classmate from High School, Treven Anspach, who has been shot.

Lacey is too shaken to describe what happened next. Her father, pastor Randy Scroggins, tells it in his own words: “She felt the weight of his body on her. She opened her eyes and he was lying in the same direction as her, a little bit ahead of her. Then she saw his blood coming under her arms. She heard a gurgling sound coming from his throat and felt him move closer to her to cover her.”

Her father continues: ”And then at that time, she said, ‘I heard the shooter over me say, ‘Get up.’”

She froze. The shooter asked another person, “Is she dead?” referring to Lacey.

The person said, “I don’t know.”

The shooter stepped over Lacey and shot someone else.

“The blood of that boy, Treven, saved my daughter’s life,” Scroggins said. “I know it as well as I know that I’m sitting here. He will always be the Scroggins’ hero, from this point forward.”

It is exactly because Treven, with his last dying breath, laid himself on top of Lacey that she survived.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:10 pm

KoKo the Gorilla got two new kittens.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby sunglasses » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 pm

I was going to make this its own thread, but what the hell. I'm putting it here.

For those who don't know, West Virginia has a serious problem. For years, some doctors would run pill mills. When the DEA cracked down, many people turned to heroin. Obama gave a speech regarding addiction in this state on 10/21/15. One man saw this and was so moved he called 911 for help. They sent over county deputies who seized the drugs he had, and drove him to a rehab where he has since entered treatment.

No charges are being pressed.

A Cross Lanes man is in rehab after telling deputies President Barack Obama’s speech last week inspired him to kick his drug addiction, officials say.

No criminal charges were filed against the man, who was then taken to a treatment center, where he voluntarily entered a drug addiction rehabilitation program. “If you’re genuinely an addict who wants help, the first responders around the Kanawha Valley want to help,” Sgt. Brian Humphreys said in a phone interview Wednesday.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby mancityfooty » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:21 pm

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/10/these-rescued-circus-lions-are-recovering

Rescued lions get medical attention before they head to Africa.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby FireIsTheCleanser » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:01 am

Almost had to go to the third page to find this thread. Zionks :?

Tj Maxx, Marhsalls and Homegoods are making a statement by not being open on Thanksgiving. They're not worried about money. They raised and donated $2 million to food banks.

A bunch of other stores are staying closed on Thanksgiving too.

"The juice could've gotten in my eyes, Dan. The spicy burrito juice."
FireIsTheCleanser
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Manic Hispanic

Postby Windy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 am

FireIsTheCleanser wrote:Almost had to go to the third page to find this thread. Zionks :?

Tj Maxx, Marhsalls and Homegoods are making a statement by not being open on Thanksgiving. They're not worried about money. They raised and donated $2 million to food banks.

A bunch of other stores are staying closed on Thanksgiving too.

I see, so this is how stores are going to avoid potential legal issues caused by Black Friday trampling from now on.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Good news everybody!

The NIH is going to retire the chimps used for testing. And by retire I mean they'll be going to an animal sanctuary, not that they're going to rise up and enslave us all.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Damn dirty apes.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

PreviousNext