The Forge - For anybody hurting

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

The Forge - For anybody hurting

Postby LaChaise » Fri May 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Tanya Lim committed suicide, leaving her little brother money to make a film. To bring creation from destruction, he made THE FORGE, an emotional, anti-suicide message in which a man battles his inner demon in a fight for his life.

Just putting this here, I thought it would interest many of you who have been on one end of this kind of situation.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Re: The Forge - For anybody hurting

Postby Glassjaw Girl » Fri May 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Where I'm from, psychologists and psychiatrists are unheard of, and most people tend to drown their sorrows in alcohol. My best friend's father committed suicide when we were in high school; he used a belt to hang himself. Suicide is a legacy that affects the family of the person, and my best friend comforts herself with the thought that if life ever gets too much for her, at least she can always kill herself because her father did so.

Thanks for this, LaChaise. I'll give her the link and hope she will get some comfort from it. I had to watch the video twice though; my cousin is beside me, watching How I Met Your Mother, and her sudden outbursts of cackling and laughing are rather distracting.

Glassjaw Girl
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Communications Commander

Re: The Forge - For anybody hurting

Postby Nostraa » Sat May 11, 2013 8:09 am

Ah... there's salt in my eyes.... lots and lots of salt.

Nostraa
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: The Beast of Reflection