Cosby, Bill

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: Cosby, Bill

Postby Crimson847 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:18 am

I tend to sympathize with Family Guy's dig at Kids Say The Darndest Things.

Warning: way more awkward to watch than when it first aired

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:03 am

Tesseracts wrote:Yeah, maybe next time you can try defending American colleges without throwing rape victims under the bus.

I dunno ... I don't think that's what I was doing. I just found it odd to hear that if something bad is happening to a specific person, then to state hypotethical other people who might potentially be harmed as the reason said something is awful, is unfairly dismissive to the person who'se actually had the bad thing happen to them. Like if a maniac murders someone then escapes, then the victim is the murdered person, not all the potetnial future people said maniac might go on to murder. I mean those people should be taken into account, you should do something about that, but stating the maniac is awful because he might kill future people, and not acknowledging the actual dead person as the reason why seems a little ... odd to me.

Crimson847 wrote:...And there goes the last remaining shred of civility.

Nah, she was being civil, she's lovely actually. But I think that's as far as we could take it, in that car anyway. Frankly it would've be rude for me to harp on about it. Her car her rules baby.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Bill Cosby was sentenced to 3-10 years in state prison. EDIT: Absentia beat me to it.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Krashlia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 pm

And now, for me to be all inflamatory and conservative, by asserting that "Revenge is an aspect of Justice" by saying, "At his age, Bill Cosby will die in Rehabilitation. I suppose that makes it a successful rehabilitation."

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Krashlia wrote:And now, for me to be all inflamatory and conservative, by asserting that "Revenge is an aspect of Justice" by saying, "At his age, Bill Cosby will die in Rehabilitation. I suppose that makes it a successful rehabilitation."

He's 81, and eligible for release in 3 years. It's certainly possible that he could die in prison, but it's hardly a guarantee.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Previous