Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED

Postby blehblah » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:06 pm

It's hard to beat El Reg headlines and subs.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/06 ... k_rim_job/

Anyhow, a while back, the Biebs (not to be confused with the BBC) wanted RIM (now BlackBerry) to dish $200K to be their spokes-child, or whatever. RIM figured he was a flash in the pan, and declined. I think that they later went with Alicia Keys.

The world is a funny place.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Re: Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJEC

Postby NisiOptimum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 am

I was so so sure when I saw the title that this post was going to be the work of a spammer. Then I saw that it was blehblah and was like "Oh shit! They've started assimilating real members! It's about to get Matrix Reloaded up in here!"

They probably should have hired him looking back on it. If I remember correctly RIM's actual spokesmen went Alicia Keys then DJ Shadow, followed by the dad from Family Ties, that bear from the Muppets, Uri Geller, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, a lesser member of Wu-Tang Clan, Keyboard Cat, that Spanish woman who defaced that painting, Iggy Pop, some guy called Garth who played one of the terrorists in Die Hard 2, Black Terry the friendly BlackBerry, Tila Tequila, a confused child, the concept of disappointment and a fingerpainting of a murder. In exactly that order.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Postby 52xMax » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:37 am

There's an alternate universe where one of two things happened:

1) Thanks to his sponsorship, Blackberry rose over Apple, Samsung, etc, and eventually they became the world's overlords.

2) Thanks to bad decisions, Blackberry went down and dragged down the Biebs with them. The planet is now a Bieberless utopia.

just thinking of that makes me shiver

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby JamesT » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Man, I bet now they'll have to kiss his ass just to get him to consider a RIM JOB now.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby blehblah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Just imagine Biebs covering Eminem, "Two trailer park girls go 'round the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside," while sporting the latest Z30 device featuring the BB 10 OS. You really have to be a white kid born in Stratford, Ontario (well-known for their annual summer Shakespeare festival) around 1994 to pull-off that lyric. I mean, he's seen things, man.

Gee, marketing is fun!

So far as BB goes, I'll never understand why they didn't just stick with their core with business customers. Trying to pretend their business machine was actually the coolest consumer toy going was spasm-inducing. Instead, they got greedy, overconfident, complacent, and downright stupid.

Hmm... actually, Bieber would have been perfect.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby w00 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:21 am

While it may have been a decision that they currently regret, I doubt there's much time left before Bieber becomes a PR liability.

He seems about to implode at some point.

Hannah Montana as spokesperson? Okay. Miley Cyrus in 2013? No thanks.

Or think of the rise & fall (& rise again?) of Brittney Spears, flashing her hoohaw next to her Blackberry...

It saddens me what's become of RIM / Blackberry.

Oh, and that headline, while looking spammerific, made me do a double take as I recognized it from El Reg...

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, while others merely gargle.
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defence of liberty:
1) soap, 2) ballot, 3) jury, 4) ammo.
Use in that order.
w00
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Wrote the Turing test

Postby blehblah » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 am

NisiOptimum wrote:I was so so sure when I saw the title that this post was going to be the work of a spammer. Then I saw that it was blehblah and was like "Oh shit! They've started assimilating real members! It's about to get Matrix Reloaded up in here!"

I also forgot to mention how you can make 1000-sands of $$$ online working from home for only hours daily doing only what you only do daily online! It's fully guaranteed by my mega-corporation of Nigerian princes who will deposit once released $503,128 into your account if you pay the access please fee of $928.16. Forward this to ten or more friends for a personal Microsoft email study for money free money from Bill Gates, or dial 1-877-WOW-SCAM for much more money information!

See, I am a spambot, it's just that I'm terribly shit at it. Consider me the Marvin the Paranoid Android of spambots. A brain as big as a planet, and my bot-net masters order me to post such complete drivel. I'm capable of posting 8.4 Googleplexes of spam every second, but why bother - it's all so depressingly pointless anyway.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby w00 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 am

blehblah wrote:dial 1-877-WOW-SCAM for much more money information!

Damn, I've been dialing SCAM-WOW all this time.

Understandable mistake.

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, while others merely gargle.
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defence of liberty:
1) soap, 2) ballot, 3) jury, 4) ammo.
Use in that order.
w00
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Wrote the Turing test

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 pm

blehblah wrote:
NisiOptimum wrote:I was so so sure when I saw the title that this post was going to be the work of a spammer. Then I saw that it was blehblah and was like "Oh shit! They've started assimilating real members! It's about to get Matrix Reloaded up in here!"

I also forgot to mention how you can make 1000-sands of $$$ online working from home for only hours daily doing only what you only do daily online! It's fully guaranteed by my mega-corporation of Nigerian princes who will deposit once released $503,128 into your account if you pay the access please fee of $928.16. Forward this to ten or more friends for a personal Microsoft email study for money free money from Bill Gates, or dial 1-877-WOW-SCAM for much more money information!

See, I am a spambot, it's just that I'm terribly shit at it. Consider me the Marvin the Paranoid Android of spambots. A brain as big as a planet, and my bot-net masters order me to post such complete drivel. I'm capable of posting 8.4 Googleplexes of spam every second, but why bother - it's all so depressingly pointless anyway.

Mind_Blown.gif
Mind_Blown.gif (424.72 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener