Brian Kemp accuses Dems of hacking Georgia election system

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Brian Kemp accuses Dems of hacking Georgia election system

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 am

I don't know if any of you have been following the Georgia governor's race, where Secretary of State Brian Kemp has been engaging in voter suppression, which is sadly pretty par for the course for Republicans representing areas with large minority populations.

But it appears he has hit a new low. He claimed to be investigating the Georgia Democratic Party for trying to hack the state's voting systems. I assumed that he was dramatically misrepresenting something that actually happened, but couldn't figure out what actually happened. However according to Slate, the Georgia Democratic Party published a document outlining the vulnerabilities of Georgia's voting system, vulnerabilities Kemp has refused to investigate himself, and he's decided that is hacking.

I can't even...

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Re: Brian Kemp accuses Dems of hacking Georgia election syst

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 am

I'll take Current Events for $400, Alex.

Call the other team a bunch of hackers if you think you might lose.

Spoiler: show
What is douchebag gaming strategies in politics?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Krashlia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:21 am

cmsellers wrote:I don't know if any of you have been following the Georgia governor's race, where Secretary of State Brian Kemp has been engaging in voter suppression, which is sadly pretty par for the course for Republicans representing areas with large minority populations.

But it appears he has hit a new low. He claimed to be investigating the Georgia Democratic Party for trying to hack the state's voting systems. I assumed that he was dramatically misrepresenting something that actually happened, but couldn't figure out what actually happened. However according to Slate, the Georgia Democratic Party published a document outlining the vulnerabilities of Georgia's voting system, vulnerabilities Kemp has refused to investigate himself, and he's decided that is hacking.

I can't even...

So, what you're saying is that he admitted to being a Democratic Deep Cover Agent?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:37 am

iMURDAu wrote:I'll take Current Events for $400, Alex.

What is douchebag gaming strategies in politics?

When your "They might be human", "this might have repercussions or consequences", and "inverted golden rule" sensors are compromised, and you have a hard-on for power, or you think the other population exists in order to tear down institutions and destroy culture (or maybe persecute you later), you tend to resort to douche bag strategies in politics.

Also, at points in time, there has been a mindset promoted to play the game of "politicized demographics". Heres how you play:
1) You have a problem.
2) Theres a portion of the population (with inherent features) that seems useful to you.
3) Assume they represent a solution to your problem, and that more of them neccesarily means your problems are going to go away.
3b) Also, the others are worth less.
4) Act all surprised when the other population doesn't like your solution and comes to resent your portion of the population. (They must hate America (are bigots/hate white civilization))

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Kemp is now calling on Stacey Abrams to concede. It does look like even with the numbers Abrams' campaign is citing, there is very little chance that she pushes the margin down enough for a runoff. Still, if that's the case, it doesn't matter whether she concedes or not: Kemp rigged the election "fair"-and-trapezoidal; he will be Georgia's next governor regardless. What's the rush, Brian?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player