2016 Presidential Candidate Indicted

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

2016 Presidential Candidate Indicted

Postby Crimson847 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Nope, it's not Trump or Hillary. And no, the feds didn't raid Johnson's grow op.

In fact, the first 2016 candidate to be criminally charged turns out to be Joe Exotic, who was indicted Friday for conspiracy to commit murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/08/fe ... -hire.html

Oklahoma’s eccentric big cat breeder Joe Exotic has been charged with hiring hitmen to kill the operator of a Florida animal sanctuary, according to reports.

One of the “hitmen” was an undercover FBI agent, an Oklahoma indictment charges. Exotic, 55, was arrested Thursday in Gulf Breeze, Fla.

“I was surprised he didn't want to do it himself, but I wasn't surprised he would try and follow through,” the intended victim, Carole Baskin, told KWTV Friday.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Re: 2016 Presidential Candidate Indicted

Postby Marcuse » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:22 pm

What is this clickbait? Someone tell that twitter or something.

Am I surprised a man named "Joe Exotic" is a nutcase? I'm surprised he didn't win...

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Marcuse wrote:What is this clickbait? Someone tell that twitter or something.

Am I surprised a man named "Joe Exotic" is a nutcase? I'm surprised he didn't win...

As hungry as Americans apparently were for an openly insane president, Joe Exotic is also openly gay, and there are some lines that Republican voters just aren't willing to cross.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Dammit, now I really regret not ordering free Joe Exotic election stuff when I had the chance. Murderabilia is lucrative business.

Joe Exotic is notorious among the exotic pet community, and opinion seems to be somewhat divided. On one hand, he is the kind of irresponsible owner who gives all of us a bad name. On the other hand, animal rights groups will try to find any excuse to attack exotic pet owners, and there are some who think the accusations against him are overblown. I lean more towards the first interpretation.

He is also an extreme eccentric. He is a gay men with terrible taste who takes awful glamor shots and writes terrible songs, and John Oliver did a whole bit on him.

His political views were closer to mine than any candidate except maybe Johnson, and though I think that having him as president would have discredit libertarianism for a generation, despite all the above and the murder charge, I would still much rather have him as president than the current incumbent.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Marcuse » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 pm

He is a gay men

He is legion, for we are exotic

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord