H.R. Mc....fuck it, The who got fired/resigned today thread

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

H.R. Mc....fuck it, The who got fired/resigned today thread

Postby Cobra-D » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 am

The national security adviser H.R. McMaster has resigned today. He is set to be replaced by John Bolton who was an ambassador to the UN. He's been described as hawkish and even made a legal case to strike NK, so yay pontential new war(s) soon!

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Re: H.R. Mc....fuck it, The who got fired/resigned today thr

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 am

Yeah, this is bad. McMaster was one of the ones I actually cared about. I think Trump has gotten to the point where he doesn't want to listen to people anymore, and I get the impression Bolton might feed into some of his bad ideas. Basically, all that's left of the grown ups in the foreign policy wing is Mattis and Haley.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 am

During the campaign, Trump kept talking about how he opposed the Iraq War from the start (he didn't, but he did oppose it from 2004). Now he names one of the architects of the war National Security Adviser. Great.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Aquila89 wrote:During the campaign, Trump kept talking about how he opposed the Iraq War from the start (he didn't, but he did oppose it from 2004). Now he names one of the architects of the war National Security Adviser. Great.

If you want to architect a couple of fresh, new wars, he's a fandiddlyubulous choice.

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Doodle Dee. Snickers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Aquila89 wrote:During the campaign, Trump kept talking about how he opposed the Iraq War from the start (he didn't, but he did oppose it from 2004). Now he names one of the architects of the war National Security Adviser. Great.

Right, but I don't think he cares about Bolton's opinions. I think Trump simply liked how Bolton backed up the administration on Fox News and thus hired him. He's not looking for intellectualism or opinions, I don't think, he's looking for yes-men, now that he seems to feel like he's got a handle on this president thing.

We've entered a phase of the presidency I thought we'd start in, and this really worries me. Trump is a moron, that's been pretty clear from the start, and I worried about what would happen if he started getting rid of experts like McMaster, Kelly, Ross or (God forbid) Mattis and starts doing everything he wants to do with an army of loyal toadies who will never question him.

Doodle Dee. Snickers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby blehblah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Doodle Dee. Snickers wrote:
We've entered a phase of the presidency I thought we'd start in, and this really worries me. Trump is a moron, that's been pretty clear from the start, and I worried about what would happen if he started getting rid of experts like McMaster, Kelly, Ross or (God forbid) Mattis and starts doing everything he wants to do with an army of loyal toadies who will never question him.

Not the same names, but relevant.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... net-482165

President Donald Trump’s decision to abruptly fire national security adviser H.R. McMaster surprised senior White House aides who had been preparing a single statement announcing the departure of multiple top Trump officials, according to two senior administration officials.

White House chief of staff John Kelly and other top aides were waiting for inspector general reports that they believed would deliver devastating verdicts on Veteran Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, who have both been accused of racking up extravagant expenses. They were also debating whether several senior White House aides, including McMaster, should go with them.

It’s unclear which other West Wing officials were possibly set to depart with McMaster, but the two senior administration officials said they believed it would be easier to manage the optics if multiple firings were made public in a single statement instead of drawn out. The announcement, though, was not expected for at least another week.

Carson is a goner. No mention of Betsy DeVos, though. I guess she's winning.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/edi ... story.html

While it was laughable to see Education Secretary Betsy DeVos mocked on “Saturday Night Live,” or struggle to answer even basic questions about the American educational system during an abysmal interview on “60 Minutes,” the potential for long-term damage to the nation’s education system should be even more concerning. Her ideas, or more likely the marching orders she gets from the Trump administration, put schoolchildren, especially students of color, at risk.

Ayuh - seems pretty clear. Damn the torpedoes, full Trump ahead!

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:51 pm

blehblah wrote:If you want to architect a couple of fresh, new wars, he's a fandiddlyubulous choice.

Can we attack Lichtenstein? I've never liked Lichtenstein, that mini wannabe Switzerland.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Looks like VA Secretary Shulkin's on his way out. One of the potential candidates for replacement? Fox and Friends contributor Pete Hegeseth.

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:40 pm

You know I'm surprised that H.R. Mcfuckit is out. He's got one awesome name.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Windy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 pm

All we need are people spamming happening memes and we can complete our transformation into 4chan

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Krashlia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 am

That place has no soul.

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Trump fired VA secretary David Shulkin and nominated White House physician Ronny Jackson to replace him.

You might remember Jackson from the time he gave a press briefing about Trump's health and said that he's fantastically healthy because he has "incredibly good genes and it’s just the way God made him.”

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Well technically he can't accept without resigned from the Navy. You cannot be active duty and hold that department at the same time.

He's also subject to a congressional hearing prior to confirmation. And he's be under oath.

"Yes, Mr. Jackson, what was the president's actual weight? Reminder, you're under oath."

"Ummmmmmmmm, it was...uh...HE'S GOT MY DOG HOSTAGE!"

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby blehblah » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

I saw a headline along the lines of, "Trump appoints personal physician to head VA".

Yes, this is where my brain immediately went.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Would it be really more absurd than Ben Carson as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development?

--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Next