The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

What's happening in your world? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
Play nice. We will be watching

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:23 am

cmsellers wrote:To all the people who think I'm saying NoodleFox thinks all liberals are pedophiles, that's not what I'm saying. I'm not even saying anyone on the alt-right has said that. However the alt-right does seem prone to branding its opponents as pedophiles and suggesting liberals have a propensity for pedophilia.


Is it just me or is everyone's head also spinning? You say now that not even anyone on the alt-right has said that their opponents are pedophiles, and then literally on the next sentence you contradict yourself saying that the Alt-Right brands their opponents as pedophiles and suggest they are naturally inclined to be pedophiles (this all liberals are pedophiles is simply a straw-man since nobody said that, just like Noodle-Fox never said that all gay men are pedophiles). Not only that but in your original post and the whole point of the thread itself you declare that the Alt-Right has an obsession with smearing its opposition, that's not "the Alt-Right doesn't even say that".

Secondly you labelled Noodle-Fox as a Alt-Right out of the blue, and then insinuate that her calling Kevin Spacey a pedophile is a "new libel" about liberals being pedophiles. I know you might bring up that gay Hollywood thing, but like before that was only one comment of hers and it contradicted several of her other comments so I do not acknowledge it. The fact that now you have to try and explain yourself for a supposed "misinterpretation" of your intentions is funny because nobody gave Noodle-Fox the benefit of the doubt, although she was too quick to break down so now we'll never get that chance of her explaining what she meant.

I don't think it's right that you had to bring her into this thread, it's wrong and I'm not going to back down from it.
  • 6

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 am

1. I said no one on the alt right has said that all liberals are pedophiles. However they are prone to branding liberal opponents as pedophiles. It's an obsession in the same way that seeing power structures and microaggressions everywhere is an obsession for SJWs.

2. I didn't label her alt-right out of the blue. I called her alt-right because she has a signature with alt-right memes, uses alt-right news sources, and repeats alt-right talking points.

3. When I said it was a "new libel," I meant relative to the old one about gays being pedophiles.

4. I'm not trying to make this thread about NoodleFox, I brought her up because it was the second of three things that happened in quick succession to make me think "huh, the alt-right really loves calling liberals pedophiles, don't they?"
  • 4

User avatar
cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Location: Three miles from the bat bridge
Show rep
Title: Bat out of Hell

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby Krashlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 am

I was going to say something about the attraction of pedophiles to the left. That the Liberation Ideology provides a line of thinking that sort of supports mischief if you aren't careful. Or that some advocates of pedophilia or strong proponents in the free expression of childrens sexuality often supported the left.

EDIT: Was also going to put up some theories about Jews and anti-semitism, rather unrelated to the topic at hand.

But... I get this weird feeling that if I were to say, "Lets focus on the topic of the Alt-right's obsession with pedophilia," I would be ignored, in favor of the conversations already being had.

(Surveys crowd)

This isn't really about pedophilia, is it?
  • 1

User avatar
Krashlia
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 am
Show rep

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:59 am

cmsellers wrote:1. I said no one on the alt right has said that all liberals are pedophiles. However they are prone to branding liberal opponents as pedophiles. It's an obsession in the same way that seeing power structures and microaggressions everywhere is an obsession for SJWs.

2. I didn't label her alt-right out of the blue. I called her alt-right because she has a signature with alt-right memes, uses alt-right news sources, and repeats alt-right talking points.

3. When I said it was a "new libel," I meant relative to the old one about gays being pedophiles.

4. I'm not trying to make this thread about NoodleFox, I brought her up because it was the second of three things that happened in quick succession to make me think "huh, the alt-right really loves calling liberals pedophiles, don't they?"


1. Nobody here said even suggested that we thought you were saying that Noodle-Fox thought all liberals were pedophiles, nobody here even thought you were saying that all people of the Alt-Right think all liberals are pedophiles. It's a non-point, you didn't need to bring it up.

2. I don't see how having interests in Manga and drawing means you're Alt-Right, nor liking memes. As for the use of sources and sharing one or two talking points, that doesn't mean she is Alt-Right. Someone could talk about gun control but that doesn't make them a Nazi even though Nazi Germany is where it basically started.

3. Calling liberals pedophiles had nothing to do with what Noodle-Fox was saying. You didn't need to bring her up. It was a reach.

4. Regardless of your intention, by bringing her up and labeling her as these things certainly made her a part of the discussion. And I'm not sure about you but I find it quite rude to try and somewhat stigmatize her by declaring she is "Alt-Right" now that she is gone and lacks a voice. In this topic you could have used as many references as you can, showing us all the different Alt-Right material and articles, but it's wrong to start labeling individuals in our forum yourself (she never addressed herself as Alt-Right) and using them as examples in such a manner. And by saying this whole she left because "we didn't concede" is a bit concerning since it feels like tribe mentality, like "we got rid out the outsider".


You didn't have to use her as an example CMSellers, your thread wouldn't have lost anything by not mentioning her and then we could be discussing the actual topic instead of her.
  • 5

Last edited by DoglovingJim on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby cmsellers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:14 am

1. When I responded I thought both you and Logan said I suggested she called all liberals pedophiles, but it turns out it was just you.
DoglovingJim wrote:Regardless with CMSellers suggesting now that she may have actually been referring to liberals as being pedophiles is a load of crap and an attempt to either find some more victims (since we have a lot more liberals here than homosexuals so more people to band together in outrage)

I may have misinterpreted what you meant, but that's how I read it.

2. She had a kekistan flag and "Shadilay" in her signature; those are alt-right memes. While the alt-right does love anime and manga, that's not what I was talking about and most weebs I've met have been liberals.

3. She said Hollywood had a gay pedophile problem. Since Hollwood's two most notorious child molesters (Woody Allen and Roman Polanski) are straight, that looked like your standard "gays are pedos" libel. However in the US, at least, "Hollywood" is often shorthand for "liberals and people who share liberal values."

4. I didn't think I could. I wrote this post about a week ago and waited to post it because I was worried that I might drive her away if she was still lurking. (I worked in a "gee, I wish someone could shed some light on this" for the same reason.) Now Tess has since pointed out to me how I could have phrased things without mentioning her, but it was non-obvious.
  • 2

User avatar
cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Location: Three miles from the bat bridge
Show rep
Title: Bat out of Hell

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 am

cmsellers wrote:1. When I responded I thought both you and Logan said I suggested she called all liberals pedophiles, but it turns out it was just you.
DoglovingJim wrote:Regardless with CMSellers suggesting now that she may have actually been referring to liberals as being pedophiles is a load of crap and an attempt to either find some more victims (since we have a lot more liberals here than homosexuals so more people to band together in outrage)

I may have misinterpreted what you meant, but that's how I read it.

2. She had a kekistan flag and "Shadilay" in her signature; those are alt-right memes. While the alt-right does love anime and manga, that's not what I was talking about and most weebs I've met have been liberals.

3. She said Hollywood had a gay pedophile problem. Since Hollwood's two most notorious child molesters (Woody Allen and Roman Polanski) are straight, that looked like your standard "gays are pedos" libel. However in the US, at least, "Hollywood" is often shorthand for "liberals and people who share liberal values."

4. I didn't think I could. I wrote this post about a week ago and waited to post it because I was worried that I might drive her away if she was still lurking. (I worked in a "gee, I wish someone could shed some light on this" for the same reason.) Now Tess has since pointed out to me how I could have phrased things without mentioning her, but it was non-obvious.


1. Yep, you misinterpreted it. Just like how I feel people may have misinterpreted Noodle-Fox.

2. Or it just means she is really into 4chan and memes? If she appeared last year we probably would have "think of Harambe", we can't assume that she is Alt-Right just because she adopted a satirical nation which opposes political correctness.

3. She also said it didn't matter that Kevin Spacey was gay and was angry that some website would link homosexuality and pedophilia together, but we never gave her a chance to clarify what her original point meant. Obviously though she had a real hatred of pedophilia potentially brought on by personal experiences and that's why she snapped so easily, and that's why she misinterpreted us as protecting him.

4. Well too late for that, she's gone now. It really shouldn't have been mentioned though.
  • 3

Image

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
User avatar
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am
Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:49 am

cmsellers wrote:1. When I responded I thought both you and Logan said I suggested she called all liberals pedophiles, but it turns out it was just you.

I forgive you.
2. She had a kekistan flag and "Shadilay" in her signature; those are alt-right memes. While the alt-right does love anime and manga, that's not what I was talking about and most weebs I've met have been liberals.

So because the alt-right uses Kekistan and shadilay they own them? Where they even started by them? Are they popular in any non-alt-right circles? I know of many, many of whom I believe popularized it and in some cases arguably started them.
Are the alt-right trully such a powerful force they can impose their alt-right-yness on memes and now own them, making everyone who uses them an associate of their's?

3. She said Hollywood had a gay pedophile problem. Since Hollwood's two most notorious child molesters (Woody Allen and Roman Polanski) are straight, that looked like your standard "gays are pedos" libel.

Looked like?
And that's enough for you to think it's okay to start making accusations?
I assumed she was talking about the abusers of people like Corey Haim and Corey Feldman who specifically spoke of paedophilic communities within Hollywood.

But maybe I'm wrong. But I don't know enough about what's in her head or heart to think it's fair to say you're right.

Anyway, there's another linked thread this sorta talk would be better placed. Let's not tarnish a thread on the alt-right and paedophilia with this unpleasantness.
  • 5

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
User avatar
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: Éire
Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby tinyrick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:41 pm

The alt-right is obsessed with pedophillia. It takes very little circumstantial evidence to convince them that a Pizza restaurant that offers Cheese Pizza (aka Child Porn), is a child prostitution ring, but a guy, that happens to be Republican, basically admits to dating teenage girls by asking their parents if it's ok on the Sean Hannity program requires hard evidence before we convict him in the court of public opinion. Yeah, fuck em'.
  • 6

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
User avatar
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Underground Bunker, USA
Show rep

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby Kivutar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 pm

FWIW as you all know I have alt-right family members, and they very much do claim without any irony that all high-ranking Democrats are not just pedophiles but Satanic ritual child rapists, and that "the gay and transgender agenda" exists to facilitate this.

That doesn't mean much to the discussion here, but it shows that it isn't just people on the internet who may or may not be serious, there are actual people in real life who are firmly convinced that there is a link between liberalism, the LGBT community, and pedophilia. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the recent shitstorm, but what Sellers describes definitely exists.
  • 13

"No one goes insane because there's a large octopus dragon man."
-lemons
User avatar
Kivutar
Champion
Champion
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 am
Location: Right behind you
Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby Krashlia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Tfw
You could've been discussing the Pedophilic traditions and psychology of the Anglo-Western world, and the alt-right's obsession with Pedophilia,, Hollywood's pedophile problem, and probably explored the recent uptick in interest of "Lolis", but we're stuck talking about the guilt trip.
...
I'm not obsessed with driving this conversation or anything, I just want to stay focused on the pedophilic gaze of our political environment and societal institutions.
  • 2

User avatar
Krashlia
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 am
Show rep

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't think that the alt-right has an obsession with pedophilia as much as that conservatives in general do. People with liberal sexual ideas have long been hit with the slippery-slope argument -- "First they want to have sex outside of marriage. Then they'll want gay sex. What's next, bestiality? Pedophilia?"

I'm sure some of it is motivated by anti-liberal feelings. Conservatives are sick of being painted as misogynist, racist, etc., so they latch on to the one thing they think they can paint liberals with.
  • 5

User avatar
IamNotCreepy
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Inside the "Cone of Uncertainty"
Show rep
Title: I'm not...

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby sunglasses » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:41 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote: so they latch on to the one thing they think they can paint liberals with.


I've found that this works better.
  • 7

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
User avatar
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 11176
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Is there not an option to address their own biases? They acquired those perceptions based on the perception that conservatives are behind the times ideologically, that they have merged with a base of Evangelicals that actively fight against the civil rights of others, and that they have lingering resentment towards minority groups thanks to their adherence to a zero sum fallacy.
  • 0

"Man is neither angel nor beast. The misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."- Blaise Pascal

"A knavish speech sleeps in a foolish ear".- Hamlet, act IV, scene ii
User avatar
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer
 
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Show rep
Title: Chaotic Potato

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby cmsellers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm

IamNotCreepy wrote:I don't think that the alt-right has an obsession with pedophilia as much as that conservatives in general do. People with liberal sexual ideas have long been hit with the slippery-slope argument -- "First they want to have sex outside of marriage. Then they'll want gay sex. What's next, bestiality? Pedophilia?"

I'm sure some of it is motivated by anti-liberal feelings. Conservatives are sick of being painted as misogynist, racist, etc., so they latch on to the one thing they think they can paint liberals with.

And here I thought "godless," "elitist," and "special snowflake" were already working pretty well.

But seriously, I've never seen mainstream conservatives brand opponents pedophiles. Even Fox News, who've accused Bill Clinton of being a murderer, have never suggested he prayed on children to my knowledge.

Incidentally, I've always found slippery slope arguments about interracial/gay marriage that invoke polygamy and pedophilia odd, considering that those are aspects of "traditional marriage."
  • 4

User avatar
cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 7288
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Location: Three miles from the bat bridge
Show rep
Title: Bat out of Hell

Re: The alt-right's obsession with pedophilia

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

cmsellers wrote:But seriously, I've never seen mainstream conservatives brand opponents pedophiles.


I have.
  • 3

Anything worth doing is worth doing for money. (13th Rule of Acquisition)
User avatar
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:37 am
Location: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfuckers!
Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Combustible Lemon and 4 guests