Questions on Forum Etiquette announcement

Things to guide you through this site.

Questions on Forum Etiquette announcement

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:45 am

I have just a couple of question on the new rules:

TCS Staff wrote:8). Colours:
You may not use colours to pretend to be a moderator, or imply that you have mod authority.

Does this include the 'this user has been banned for this post' running joke? Technically it's not pretending you're a moderator, but it might fall under the spirit of the rule if not the letter.

TCS Staff wrote:10). Quoting:
I also moved a sentence in this paragraph.

This looks like it might an editorial comment that was accidentally left in? If not, it could use some clarification. (I'd assume it referred to adding a note to an edited quote to say what you did, but it looks like a bit got accidentally cut if that's the case.)

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Re: Questions on Forum Etiquette announcement

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:04 am

CarrieVS wrote:I have just a couple of question on the new rules:

TCS Staff wrote:8). Colours:
You may not use colours to pretend to be a moderator, or imply that you have mod authority.

Does this include the 'this user has been banned for this post' running joke? Technically it's not pretending you're a moderator, but it might fall under the spirit of the rule if not the letter.

No, it does not. Jokes are fine. We had an issue before with someone using colour for something they said to imply they had moderator authority in directing other users conduct. This isn't new, as it's been in the official rules for a long time.

CarrieVS wrote:I
TCS Staff wrote:10). Quoting:
I also moved a sentence in this paragraph.

This looks like it might an editorial comment that was accidentally left in? If not, it could use some clarification. (I'd assume it referred to adding a note to an edited quote to say what you did, but it looks like a bit got accidentally cut if that's the case.)

Yes, that is an editorial comment that I forgot to remove. I'll do so now.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi