Picture Orientation

Got a suggestion how we can improve? Post it here.

Picture Orientation

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

I've noticed this with pictures that a few people have posted on here, especially in the "pics, or you didn't happen" thread. Why is it that tall pictures are always often posted sideways, and sometimes landscape-oriented pictures are turned upside-down? Is there any way to fix that?

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Re: Picture Orientation

Postby cmsellers » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Regarding the why: I think most image-viewing software will auto-rotate images so they display right-side up. However they're still stored the wrong way around, and when uploaded here they're displayed as they're stored.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Windy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

Flipping the image doesn't work apparently.

Attachments
Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 am

test - Copy - Copy.JPG
test - Copy - Copy.JPG (140.78 KiB) Viewed 5702 times

It can't be fixed because it's not an issue with the forum, it's an issue with the image. Why that is probably has to do with how the image was taken. I dl'd the image, flipped, then flipped it a second time and it works. The phone, and I'm sure computer image viewing software would know what what to orient it based on the info it would store when taken, and adjusts accordingly. Which I guess means you probably could add that somehow, but probably more tyrouble than it's worth.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi