SJW thread/cringe/mockery

Got a suggestion how we can improve? Post it here.

Re: SJW thread/cringe/mockery

Postby Crimson847 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:12 am

Tesseracts wrote:You're not uncivil, and if your responses reflect your genuine opinion, that's a reasonable standard of fairness. However, you often attribute motives to me I don't have and argue against arguments I never made. To but it bluntly you talk to me kind of like I'm an idiot, and I find that hard to respond to. Example:

Citing TV comedies seems like a poor counter to that: I don't think I remember the episode where Matt Groening just took the mic, sat in front of the camera, and started insulting some random kid by name who wrote something on the internet that he didn't like.

I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to this, because you're making it sound like I don't understand what a TV show is. Rather than discuss the issues at hand this forces me to defend myself as a human being, and that's a waste of my time.

I wanted to make the point that there's a substantial difference between the sort of behavior that's being objected to here and a TV comedy. I didn't feel that was necessary because I think you misunderstand TV comedies; I felt it was necessary because I think you misunderstand what we're objecting to. If true, that's a communication issue, not a matter of you being stupid. I apologize for being unclear.

For shits and giggles, I decided to check the last 150 upvotes (ten pages worth) that I gave and tally who got the most. Here's what the top ten looks like:

1. aviel: 33
2. Tess: 14
3. gisambards: 10
4. Damiana: 7
5. Sunny: 6
6. Shuai: 5
7. Andro: 4
7. Askias: 4
7. Marcuse: 4
7. Bert: 4
7. Aquila: 4
7. Eric: 4

Yes, that's actually twelve people--there was a six-way tie for seventh, so sue me.

Note that you're out in front of the pack by a larger margin than anyone else except aviel. You don't have to defend your intelligence or character to me--I don't doubt either one.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Crimson847 wrote:For shits and giggles, I decided to check the last 150 upvotes (ten pages worth) that I gave and tally who got the most. Here's what the top ten looks like:

I'm approved of!
\(^o^)/

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Australia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Crimson847 wrote:Here's what the top ten looks like:

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Crimson847 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:27 am

I see that aviel and gisambards upvoted my last post.

Kate, I was going to respond to your post, but honestly I ain't even mad anymore so I don't see anything I want to contest. Well played.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Australia wrote:
Crimson847 wrote:Here's what the top ten looks like:

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Askias » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Not counting the split-off 'social justice' thread:

59 posts.
575 thumbs.

It's possible I lost or gave ten while adding everything up. Anyhow, it was pretty fun while it lasted, but it's probably for the best.

To the end of all talk of social justice! Wait.... Did that come out poorly?

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 am

Tesseracts wrote:A good things come to an end. So do all horrible things like this thread I created.

Come again?

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am

Crimson847 wrote:Come again?

That's what she said!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am

Well played. *bows*

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous