Why Can't We Pick Colors?

Got a suggestion how we can improve? Post it here.

Why Can't We Pick Colors?

Postby skooma » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:18 am

I just found out that pink is a designated "winner" color. We all want special prizes for winning, but is that a tradition or something? Why can't we pick (since I'm about to win so many things)? Why can't we all just pick anyway? We're already used to chaos.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Re: Why Can't We Pick Colors?

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 am

If you suffer from antisocial personality disorder you can always change your font color to this.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby skooma » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:26 am

I want this, for regular personality disorder, whatever that is. Also this, at other times.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby Andropov4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:28 am

Coloured text also usually means a mod is talking in their mod voice, so I'm not certain it's a great idea to abuse that function.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby skooma » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 am

Aha, let me splain - I mean our username and skulls/line colors (seen rainy lately?).

skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 am

For the record I understood what you meant, and I honestly don't know if choosing your own name colors is even an option with our software. I could try to find out, or I could wait for somebody else to answer.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:35 am

Speaking of colors, anyone knows why Meatpuppet's handle isn't bold? She's the only one I've noticed and I've been wondering for a couple days.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 am

Coloured usernames equate to something, so it's easy to tell who/what a person is by a glance at their username. Mods are blue, admins are red, backend admins are orange, new users are yellow, regular users are black, pink is for champions (winners of... things). Pink is something we've used a few times in the past, and it's always been only a temporary thing anyway. The criteria for it unfortunately isn't well established, and it's used much less often than before, (personally, I'd rather do away with it). Allowing users to pick their own usernames prevents people from being able to tell at a glance what a person is, and that's something that has benefit to it.

Coloured text is mostly used for mods speaking in mod voice, it's sometimes used for forum games, or other things. It's fine to use coloured text in regular posts, just don't go over board with it. It is however against the rules to use coloured text to pretend to be a mod, or imply that you have mod authority.

MeatPuppet's name isn't bolded because her default group is set to Editorial Rabble, which no-one remembered to set to bold. It's basically an oversight thing, that will maybe be fixed if we yell at the admins long enough, or bribe avi with a steak.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby sunglasses » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Doc-I ate this week's bribery steak.

I'm sorry.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:28 pm

I'd still pick black.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 pm

It's only possible for people to pick their own name colors if we create more user groups. I don't really think it's the best idea, I think it's good to be able to tell at a glance if someone is a mod or admin.

Meat's name was fixed.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Tesseracts wrote:Meat's name was fixed.

Oooh, Editorial Rabble get green names now? But if I set that as default I'll lose my phaser icon. I can't deciiiiide.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama