Cartoon night

Got a suggestion how we can improve? Post it here.

Cartoon night

Postby Cobra-D » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:22 am

As we all know we use to have have movie night which was really fun, I was thinking on hosting a Cartoon night or to be more authentic, a Saturday morning cartoon marathon where we get together an watch some old cartoons from our youth things like Rugrats, Beast wars, Catdog, tiny toons Adventure. You know stuff like to bring us back to a better time when TV was our God.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Re: Cartoon night

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:11 am

Throw in some 1950s Goofy, some Classic Looney Toons, and some Kids WB, and I'm game.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Grimstone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 am

Doesn't it have to be in the public domain? Because I remember getting shutdown pretty fast when I suggested something that wasn't.

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby D-LOGAN » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:25 pm

That sounds awesome.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby sunglasses » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Grimstone wrote:Doesn't it have to be in the public domain? Because I remember getting shutdown pretty fast when I suggested something that wasn't.

JT and Tess know more about this then I, but I thought they had said it did need to be public domain.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Lindvaettr » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 pm

It has to be public domain because we don't want to get shut down, and I imagine Tess doesn't particularly like the idea of going to prison and owning millions of dollars in reparations.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby D-LOGAN » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Pfffft, always putting herself first that one. WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS DAMNIT!!!

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 am

Lindvaettr wrote:It has to be public domain because we don't want to get shut down, and I imagine Tess doesn't particularly like the idea of going to prison and owning millions of dollars in reparations.

Pretty sure her and kate(who is a mod) and you(just now) upvoted Cobra's suggestion, and that 'Rugrats, beast wars, catdog' etc. aren't in the public domain.

Edit: Nothing against her and Kate, I'm mostly just being salty because when I made a similar suggestion a while back I got multiple warnings from multiple mods on the forums but now everyone seems to be just fine with the idea.

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Kate » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Maybe I want Tess to go to prison, you don't know me, you don't know my life. That has been my plan all along. I'm also embezzling bitcoins in her name. Turns out I am a rival artist who is jealous of her talent, doing all I can to take her down, but her virtue blocks me at every turn.

Or maybe I have just gotten way more lax and less paranoid with age. I am pretty sure that technically they need to be in public domain but by this point in life, it feels kind of like going 5 mph over the speed limit. Granted, I still think it is prudent to use things in public domain, I just like the idea in theory.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Grimstone wrote:Pretty sure her and kate(who is a mod) and you(just now) upvoted Cobra's suggestion, and that 'Rugrats, beast wars, catdog' etc. aren't in the public domain

I often Upvote comments and I disagree with and sometimes I make the conscious choice not to upvote ones I do agree with. I would advise against just assuming thumbs= agreement.

Rest of youse do what you want but personally I refuse to let upvotes define me.

Edit: Nothing against her and Kate, I'm mostly just being salty because when I made a similar suggestion a while back I got multiple warnings from multiple mods on the forums but now everyone seems to be just fine with the idea.

Well I'm really only up for watching things that don't break any laws. I'm sure there's stuff on the public domain that's available.

I AINT GOING TO PRISON OVER THIS SHIT! You hear me, I aint never goin' back!!!!

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Lindvaettr wrote:It has to be public domain because we don't want to get shut down, and I imagine Tess doesn't particularly like the idea of going to prison and owning millions of dollars in reparations.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:56 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:I often Upvote comments and I disagree with and sometimes I make the conscious choice not to upvote ones I do agree with. I would advise against just assuming thumbs= agreement.

That may be, but I still think it's a good indicator of agreement with the proposed idea here. Upvotes aside, this has been up for over a month, multiple mods have posted in this thread and there have been no warnings bc people like Cobra and they like his idea. Nothing wrong with that, but why the mental gymnastics trying to pretend that this is not the case?

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Grimstone wrote:That may be, but I still think it's a good indicator of agreement with the proposed idea here.

A good indicator is not enough. Certainly not enough to arrive at a conclusion to state as fact. For me anyway, you do you boo.

Upvotes aside, this has been up for over a month, multiple mods have posted in this thread and there have been no warnings bc people like Cobra and they like his idea.

I see no reason to assume a liking of Cobra has anything to do anything. I think you're rushing to assumption on that one.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone doesn't like Cobra. Who doesn't? That snake is a delight.

Nothing wrong with that, but why the mental gymnastics trying to pretend that this is not the case?

Well for one, I don't agree with some of the reasoning you've used to arrive at your points. Even if it was to turn out you were right about everything, I'd still stand by my skepticism. The roads you choose to travel on are not ones I'd find reliable.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Well, an upvote is certainly a strange way to disapprove of something... a mod literally just said she has gotten lax about enforcing the rules and likes the idea... no mods have spoken out against the idea despite suggesting we watch non public domain cartoons.. what more proof do you want that people aren't against it? (Cobra brought the idea up in discord as well to express approval from mods but I'm sure that also means nothing so why am I even playing this game).

Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 am

Personally I'm against the public broadcast of copyrighted material on a platform we control because even if it's only going 5mph over the speed limit it's still enough for some asshole to pull us over and cause us way more trouble than a cartoon is worth. Public domain stuff, knock yourselves out.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Next