Cartoon night

Got a suggestion how we can improve? Post it here.

Re: Cartoon night

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Grimstone wrote:Pretty sure the different countries with different laws is their own issue and doesn't apply to those of us inside the U.S.

That's a hard bottom line to argue with, I'll give you that.

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Lindvaettr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:26 pm

I upvoted Cobra's post because I like the idea of a cartoon night. I don't feel I need to pick every post apart to specify which parts I agree and do not agree with. I won't defend my upvote further, nor do I appreciate being questioned about it in such a self-assured manner.

That said, I'll clear something up: This website is hosted in the United States, and its contents therefore fall under US jurisdiction. The United States justice system does not look kindly upon people either posting copyrighted material, or providing access to it. If TCS posted copyrighted material, or provided access to said material, such as through links, it would be risking legal action against the posters, as well as the hosts. Even if this didn't reach all the way down to us here, it's likely that it would reach our hosts, who would no doubt quickly shut us down, and we'd have to find another.

I personally have never pretended to take any real issue with most forms of piracy, and have absolutely no issue on a personal level if anyone wants to view copyrighted material. However, that doesn't change the fact that the US justice system does not agree with me, and the involvement of TCS in such activities would be very risky, at best.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby Paradox » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Lindvaettr wrote:I upvoted Cobra's post because I like the idea of a cartoon night. I don't feel I need to pick every post apart to specify which parts I agree and do not agree with. I won't defend my upvote further, nor do I appreciate being questioned about it in such a self-assured manner.

That said, I'll clear something up: This website is hosted in the United States, and its contents therefore fall under US jurisdiction. The United States justice system does not look kindly upon people either posting copyrighted material, or providing access to it. If TCS posted copyrighted material, or provided access to said material, such as through links, it would be risking legal action against the posters, as well as the hosts. Even if this didn't reach all the way down to us here, it's likely that it would reach our hosts, who would no doubt quickly shut us down, and we'd have to find another.

I personally have never pretended to take any real issue with most forms of piracy, and have absolutely no issue on a personal level if anyone wants to view copyrighted material. However, that doesn't change the fact that the US justice system does not agree with me, and the involvement of TCS in such activities would be very risky, at best.

Just get someone from out of their jurisdiction, duh!

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby sunglasses » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 pm

how bout I just make a list of public domain cartoons for ya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... ted_States

Just about most of the golden age of warner bros. and popeye cartoons.

http://publicdomainmovies.net/cartoons

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Previous