Sports, and well, fantasy football.

What do you do with your free time?

Sports, and well, fantasy football.

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Sports! Some of you watch them. Some of you may have played them. Some of you may play fantasy football. *cough* me *cough*
You may have a favorite team or player. Let's chat about them. Yay, chat. Additionally I have every intention of making a fantasy football team. Not final fantasy football as dear Notch dreamt of though. Ochocinco shall not cast esuna nor regen. Spots will be limited. I can do a free league thru espn. We can do 10-12 people. So far I have:
1.Me
2. Notch
3. Doodles
4. Buttchocolate
5. Cullenmcpimpin
6. Mr. Sunglasses (he's run leagues before and plans on helping me. Since I don't have a fucking clue.)
7. Nudge Nudge
8. Lind and Kate. A power team.
9. Marcuse
10. Big.Bird

If you want in, you can pm me or reply. No big deal. And no rush either-enrollment is open for two weeks. This will be for fun and not, sadly, for monies. Though I think I will have some small prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Something small like a tin of cookies or some shit. Maybe 5 buck amazon e card. Microsoft points, etc.

Last edited by sunglasses on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:30 am, edited 12 times in total.
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: Sports, and well, fantasy football.

Postby ButtChocolate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 pm

As everything I know about football has been pieced together from what my sports-oriented wife yells at the screen on Sunday afternoons, and I will undoubtedly make picks and trades based primarily on uniform color and design, how close to a delicious gourmet chicken dish a player's name resembles, and the relative time of day I can discern from the depth of the shadow in Tom Brady's chin-cleft- I feel I am grossly under-qualified for this TCS event, so...

Of course count me in.

I look forward to uncovering the mysteries of how many quarters there are in a period of Football, which players are start the game and which become unlockable during its course, and if the team hierarchy has any rules to determine that if enough players are injured whether fans wearing officially licensed jerseys, the cheerleaders, or the team mascot then become eligible for play. See you all at the finish line!

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby SryimHi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm

YES!!!

I actually wanted to create this exact same thread come end of July or something. I must admit though, I was kind of nervous about doing it. I wasn't sure about how many football fans we had out there. But I'm super glad that you did. I've been a huge football fan pretty much my entire life.

Can I play? Can I, Can I? Pretty please!

...yeah
SryimHi
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby LaChaise » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll be the sexy cheerleader.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby NudgeNudge » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

This is not the football where to play only with your feet, isn't it? Well, that's bad.

I hardly know a thing about football, nor the dynamics fantasy sports, but this sounds a lot of fun. I am willing to learn things about quarterbacks and scrimmage lines and what's the point of having a league if you have a team that's easy as pie to win against? I want to be the Chicago Bears of this thing. They are bad, aren't they?

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I invite you all to peruse the espn fantasy football section to learn more: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/football . I advise reading Matthew Berry. The man is smart and easy to learn. He also had a Draft Manifesto which is very helpful. Fox Sports also has info on fantasy football. Really, it only requires a little bit of reading to keep up on stuff. Fear not, nudge nudge, my first year I had no clue and was like 4th in the league. Remember, it's a bit like Pokemon trading cards...if that helps. And yes, it is American Football rather than the football that has Manchester United.

I have the league started: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... sonId=2013

PM me your email addresses and I'll send you an invite. You will need to make your own espn account, and it's free. I will accept people into the league for the next two weeks, so requests have to be in by June 26th. Talk to me if you have questions.

Also, once we have enough people we will need to set up a draft date and time. I will list dates/times I'm available towards the middle of July. It's more fun to do a 'live' draft but we can do an auto draft if you can't make it. The draft will be sometime in August-probably later in August. The season starts September 5th. Things needed for the draft, when live: a working computer with internet connection and ideally a list of people you hope to get. Beer is optional.

Last edited by sunglasses on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm

LaChaise wrote:I'll be the sexy cheerleader.

So...cheering us on and not playing. Got it.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby ButtChocolate » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:22 pm

sunglasses wrote:Things needed for the draft, when live: ...a list of people you hope to get.

Sweet. I've got an unbeatable strategy here: How do you win? You populate your team with winners. And how do you pick winners? Whoever's got the best stats! (Well... you pick whoever's got the best stats, and then pray to God they don't get their arms ripped off in some freak accident reaching behind the bench for a cup of Gatorade without looking and inserting their arm into one of those cooling fans they have sitting on the sidelines. But all things being equal...) So WHO, pray tell, has the best stats? Aha! I asked the Internet: It gave me a list of all the BEST players with only the best of the absolute BEST stats! I'll have to smooth things out for our official draft- I don't have all positions accounted for yet- but right now, my preliminary list is as follows:

Johnny Unitas- Quarterback (Bart Starr Backup QB)
Frank Gifford- Halfback
Larry Csonka- Fullback
Walter Payton- Running Back
Mike Ditka- Tight End
Lawrence Taylor- Linebacker
Dick Butkus- Linebacker
O.J Simpson- Running Back/Glove Fitter
Ed Sabol- Filmmaker
Vince Lombardi- Coach*
Pete Rozelle- Commissioner
Merlin Olsen- Father Murphy
Weeb Ewback- Hilarious Name
Chris Hanburger- Delicious Manwich?
Shannon Sharpe- Cheddar
Alex Karras- Webster's Dad**

*best name to say aloud in your deepest voice for best NFL films effect

**not official HoF inductee, stat based on being only pro-player to achieve 100 episodes of sitcom programming

There's no way I can lose with this lineup. You guys are goin' down.

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Tablo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:47 pm

At first i thought this was about british football but then i remembered you damn yanks use football for a game that you use hands in.Damn yanks.I actually love you yanks such a nation of crazy people.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Tablo wrote:At first i thought this was about british football but then i remembered you damn yanks use football for a game that you use hands in.Damn yanks.I actually love you yanks such a nation of crazy people.

We're special, what can I say. We don't even have fizzy lemonade. So what do you think, Tablo? You want to try? Let me know. To everyone who plans on playing-remember-I need your emails. Doods, Notch, Sryimhi, et al. We also need some more people. I promise not to bite....hard.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Mr Dent » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:32 am

I'll give this a go. Fair warning, I've been in tipping comps before and I always lose interest/forget to enter choices about mid season.

Mr Dent
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:24 am

Mr Dent wrote:I'll give this a go. Fair warning, I've been in tipping comps before and I always lose interest/forget to enter choices about mid season.

Yes but I am female and am skilled at nagging, erm, reminding people.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:20 am

Ok, I need some more volunteers/victims/players. It'll be fun, honest.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 pm

I still need a few people. I put myself at your mercy, oh gentle internet denizens.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 pm

To all who've agreed/semi agreed to play: I'd like to do the draft on either August 24th or 25th. That being said, I really need at least two more people. You do not need to know football-most here don't really. Just play and have fun.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Next