Rejected Ideas That Sounded Good At The Time

What do you do with your free time?

Rejected Ideas That Sounded Good At The Time

Postby Malfeasinator » Wed May 27, 2015 9:48 pm

The subject is simple. I just want to hear about some craft or other project ideas that seemed great, and maybe didn't work out so good. Sort of like the Regretsy site. If you're Scary Mike, well, I can't stop you from chiming in, but we'll end up sounding like Paul on "Llamas with Hats" probably.

My idea was to do something with my old math textbook. I have this book that was meant for a three ring binder, but I wanted to put the pages into some kind of evil looking journal/grimoire type deal, and call it the Mathonomicon. You gotta jazz math up somehow. Maybe making math seem dark and forbidden will make kids want to learn it.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Re: Rejected Ideas That Sounded Good At The Time

Postby sunglasses » Wed May 27, 2015 9:57 pm

I was going to make a bottlecap purse. I never actually got around to it.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby SilverMaple » Thu May 28, 2015 12:40 am

My mom has this habit of picking up any unwanted stuff that people leave on their curbs. Furniture, boxes of books, sporting goods, you name it. Whenever I'm around to witness it, I try to convince her not to pick up said junk, and only sometimes succeed.

A couple of years ago, my mom was re-planting our garden, and needed inspiration as to what to plant there. While I was cycling with her, she spotted a very dry-looking topiary type plant with a few wilted leaves clinging to it, lying uprooted in a ditch. She got the idea into her head that it would look great as a centerpiece, and would surely perk back up once she planted and watered it. I pleaded with her to leave it where it was, since someone had undoubtedly thrown it out for a reason, and it looked beyond help. Nonetheless, we ended up biking down the street with her carrying the stupid thing in one hand, and she planted it front and centre in our yard.

It sat there for all to see for almost a week, gradually growing more and more withered until it was essentially a three-foot-tall, leafless stick rising out of the garden. Only then did she admit that it may not have been the greatest find in the world, and finally threw it in the trash.

Bert wrote:The best part of my job is fistfighting an 8 year old every day.

//Friend come and go, like the wave in the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on our face.\\
SilverMaple
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Nerd of a Feather

Postby JamishT » Thu May 28, 2015 5:13 am

Freshman year of high school. I was going to ask this girl out. I had made some moves, and she seemed to reciprocate. I received a note from her. She was a lesbian.

Eh, it's okay, we stayed pretty good friends throughout high school anyway.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby TheSyrupNugget » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:38 am

When I was about.... nine, and really into drawing comics, one night I got this really good idea:
A story about a farm boy, on some remote middle-of-nowhere planet, that descended from what was essentially a long line of space cowboys but had no idea, because he was living with extended family... being an orphan. He had a sister he'd never heard of, his father was going to be a major antagonist.

It was right around that thought that I realized I was essentially storyboarding out Star Wars without realizing it.

TheSyrupNugget
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Nugget of Syrup