Bag Lunch Ideas

What do you do with your free time?

Re: Bag Lunch Ideas

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:52 am

You're cumin on a little bit too strong with that spice pun.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Re: Bag Lunch Ideas

Postby pikajew » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:34 am

I like to pack my other half's lunches. Lately, I've been sending pearl mozzarella and stuffed olives for his snack. You could do a caprese bowl of a similar method, if you like tomatoes. I tend to make him sandwiches (cold cuts, meatball, burgers) pastas, casseroles, anything I would make for dinner, just packed up. For myself, I like egg sandwiches (fry the egg like an omelet, then put cheese and toppings in the middle and fold the edges in to form a little pocket) because they're convenient.

Oh! You can make your own fruit roll-ups too! Basically, puree any fruit you like (not melon), boil it for 5-10 mins, and spread it onto a baking sheet (use a silicone mat or parchment paper). Bake it at 200F for an two and half-ish hours (don't worry, as long as it doesn't turn dark brown, it isn't overdone) until it's slightly tacky. Let it cool and it's fruit leather (without the extra sugar).

Calzones! You can buy premade pizza dough (or make your own), stretch it flat, pack in your toppings, fold it up, bake for 10-15 minutes on 400F, and you're done! I like mozzarella and spinach for mine.

pikajew
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Darth

Previous