Captains of Crush (hand gripper)

What do you do with your free time?

Captains of Crush (hand gripper)

Postby DoglovingJim » Wed May 13, 2015 10:04 am

http://www.captainsofcrushgrippers.com/
Training with our Captains of Crush Hand Grippers is the fastest way to get the kind of grip strength that you have dreamed of having.

Do you have the handshake of a jellyfish? Do you wish you had added grip strength for your job, hobby or favorite outdoor activity?

Are you training the rest of your body, but neglecting your hands? Are you losing lifts and giving up ground to your competitors because your grip strength lets you down?

You can turn your grip strength around and the first step is very simple: shake hands with a Captains of Crush Hand Gripper.

Has anybody ever tried one of this things before? I'm going to be getting one soon and I wanted to hear if any of you had some experience with the product.

My eventual goal is this.
Want to get certified? Close our No. 3, No. 3.5, or No. 4 Captains of Crush Hand Gripper according to our Rules for Closing and Certification and you'll join a very select group of gripsters: the world's best.

If you can close one of them fully then you get your name on their website and stuff.

Old Jim would love to be renowned for his grip strength instead of that other thing...
(which coincidentally involved a form of grip strength as well).

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: Captains of Crush (hand gripper)

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 am

Damn, grip strength is something I wish I had a lot of, and mine is probably only moderate despite how much I've tried to work on it. (My constantly shaking hands and frequent hand and arm cramps that the doctor can't figure out tend to complicate a solid grip). I've used a few of those hand grip things before, and they're good for working on your grip (wasn't this particular brand though). They come in a variety of different strengths, harder ones are better for reps, and lighter ones are better for squeezing and then holding. I need to get a new one though, as the only one I have now doesn't present much challenge for either reps or a static hold.

I've found over the years that some pull up variants will murder your grip.

1). Use a thicker bar for pull ups. Typically a pull up bar is about an 1 inch in diameter (guessing), if you use a bar that's 2-3 inches it will murder your grip.
2). Throw a towel or rope or something sturdy over a pull up bar, and grab each end of the towel while doing the pull ups, so instead of holding the bar, you're holding the towel.
3). Instead of using a bar, lay your fingers flat on the surface of whatever you're using to do your pull ups. So to explain that more clearly, let me give an example. I was in someone's basement one time and they had an exposed I-beam. I decided to use this to do a few pull ups.

I-Beam.jpg
Totally a pull up bar
I-Beam.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 7380 times

So I put one hand on each side of the lower portion of the I-beam, in such a way that my fingers laid flat across it, and they formed a right angle with my hand. My forearms hurt so fucking bad later that day. Where-as the first two I found by searching for grip exercises, this one I found by mistake and it took me a few hours to figure out why my forearms hurt so bad (it was when I tried to do another pull up on the I-beam and realized that it wasn't going to happen).

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri May 29, 2015 12:53 pm

DoglovingJim.JPG
DoglovingJim.JPG (148.16 KiB) Viewed 7339 times

Ah well, got a 1.5 (which takes around 74kg [or 167.5lbs] of pressure to close) and from natural strength I can only close it about 4/10.

So It's going to take a few months before I can finally conquer that thing...

My youngest dog however doesn't seem to trust it, took one look at it and ran to the other room.

2). Throw a towel or rope or something sturdy over a pull up bar, and grab each end of the towel while doing the pull ups, so instead of holding the bar, you're holding the towel.

I'm probably going to try that, however considering that I usually get the cheapest of the cheap towels then I'm cautious if it can take my weight.

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri May 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Malfeasinator » Sat May 30, 2015 12:44 am

Who needs some fancy grippers? Just do like they did in the old days.

Bend quarters in half.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby JamishT » Sat May 30, 2015 3:17 am

Milk a cow! That's how I used to do it!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Jack Road » Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 am

The masturbation jokes are strong with this one.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 am

Still can't close that darn hand-grip... (And now my boxing friend was able to close his and is wealthy enough to be able to afford the whole set. So I gotta break his hands or something otherwise he will beat my goal first.)

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:11 pm

DoglovingJim wrote:Old Jim would love to be renowned for his grip strength instead of that other thing...

A backpacker is traveling through Australia when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Australian accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me 'bar-building Jim'? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me 'wall-building Jim'? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me 'pier-building Jim'? No."

"But ya fuck one dog..."

Last edited by cmsellers on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:48 am

cmsellers wrote:
DoglovingJim wrote:Old Jim would love to be renowned for his grip strength instead of that other thing...

A backpacker is traveling through Australia when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Australian accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me Jim the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me Jim the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me Jim the pier builder? No."

"But ya fuck one dog..."

Ah damn it, you got me laughing and I really want to up-vote you but it's our tradition to not vote you.
P1010282 - Copy (2).JPG
P1010282 - Copy (2).JPG (155.1 KiB) Viewed 7029 times

So just remember that you got my approval and if we never had that tradition I'd up-vote that comment so badly.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep