Cosplay

What do you do with your free time?

Re: Cosplay

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:28 pm

reallifegirl wrote:I'm idly considering the idea of doing a female version of the Wendigo from Hannibal for a convention in about a month. I'd wear basically a black pantsuit/dress shirt/tie, and wear a headband with black antlers. And maybe carry around a tray of fake food with me.

The part that I'm getting myself anxious over is that I'd also need to body-paint my face/neck (probably grey) and temporarily dye my hair black. (I'm not wearing a wig. My hair is thick and wigs are my mortal enemy.) I've never done body paint or hair dye before, and I'm nervous about those aspects making this into a trainwreck. Does anyone have any good recommendations for that kind of stuff?

I dye my hair if I have the time to before going to a con, did it back in October, didn't have time to in May, my advice would be to get it done at a hairdresser's, it will cost more than doing it yourself, but at least you're far less likely for it to go tits up

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:04 pm

You can't temp dye your hair black unless you're using hair chalk or the colored hair spray.

I learned this the hard way.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby reallifegirl » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:16 pm

FieldMarshalFry wrote:I dye my hair if I have the time to before going to a con, did it back in October, didn't have time to in May, my advice would be to get it done at a hairdresser's, it will cost more than doing it yourself, but at least you're far less likely for it to go tits up

True, but I didn't want it to be black when I went back to work in case it came out wonky. Then again, they might have been fine with it, since black is a natural hair color.

sunglasses wrote:You can't temp dye your hair black unless you're using hair chalk or the colored hair spray.

I learned this the hard way.

I wound up using hair chalk. It was a pain in the ass but it did the job for the first day. By day 2 it started flaking. But the cosplay went over really well, so I can't complain too much. I'll just have to swing for real dye the next time.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby LaChaise » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am

My girlfriend cosplays. Her friends finally got her to make a facebook page.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 am

She's pretty cute!

I wanted to dress up for the Star Wars premiere, I really did. But the only fat guys I could think of were Jabba the Hutt and Porkins, and neither of those guys got any respect. :( In the end I opted to dress like a terrible hipster, and that was fine because I had a nice heavy coat to not freeze my arse off in while I was waiting outside for an hour and a half to get in. My wife is a sadist; she said she was sort of hoping someone would show up in a slave Leia costume and be stuck in the cold. What a mean way to be :(

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:15 pm

LaChaise wrote:My girlfriend cosplays. Her friends finally got her to make a facebook page.

the correct response to this is "you lucky bastard"

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Gurl With Red Hair does some pretty good cosplay
Spoiler: show

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 am

Hey, wait a cotton pickin' minute! Are we sure that girl in the middle is Asian?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 am

well, decided to go and make myself a Facebook page for my cosplay, and pictures I take at cons and shit, I'll probably update it twice a year

FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:43 pm

FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby mancityfooty » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm

tpb
jroc bubbles julian leahy.jpg
jroc bubbles julian leahy.jpg (485.85 KiB) Viewed 11389 times

Halloween is the closest I get to cosplay. This was a year we all dressed like TPB.
Guess which one I am.
And yes, black hair dye is hard to use. Especially on beards as I've learned twice now. Don't use too much or it stains the skin.
I've also gone as "Joliet" Jake while the wife did up as Carrie Fisher's character, complete with fake gun. I dressed as Lemmy a few years ago (easy since I already had the chops), and I went as Walter Sobchak (Big Lebowski) before that.

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby AboveGL » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:55 pm

This is awesome.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 pm

speaking of D-Piddy... I'M IN HIS VIDEO! 0:46, John Constantine, the Belle and Iron Man are friends of mine

FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Grimstone » Tue May 10, 2016 2:44 am

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed May 11, 2016 12:03 am

You're on the Chive today in the Daily Afternoon Randomness section.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

PreviousNext