A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby WaitYAmIHere » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm

CarrieVS wrote:Well, I was planning to either do the first half of my second novel, or a horror novella I've been intending to write for ages. But thanks to Orange, it's gonna be Volcano God Panther Orgy.

Goddammit Carrie. How the hell are the rest of us supposed to compete now?

Wait... How did I get back here?
WaitYAmIHere
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: An imagination of a figment

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Oh god, why have you turned into a dark and scary pony? I'm frightened. Someone hold me. NOT YOU, YAMI.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 am

It's (almost) Halloween, Orange. I suggest you turn into some kind of demon rottweiler.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Australia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I've been meaning to do this for years. This may shock you considering the quality of my posts and the fact that my keyboard is missing three keys but I have a degree in Creative Writing. I just never get around to writing properly because I'm too busy surviving (not a redundant Australian joke, I meant earning a living stacking shelves. If that's not living, what is?) Of course, my writing isn't capital 'L' Literature but it entertains me, even if I barely get a chapter written a week.

I'll certainly try this month, though probably not officially, given that I doubt I'll get it done. I had an idea for a ghost story that was fairly fleshed out (no pun intended but I'll take it) years ago that I never got around to writing, though that's the case for about a zillion ideas rotating around my mind, none of which are particularly good. The working title, if I remember correctly was 'Deadolescence', so it's obviously a very serious read.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby NudgeNudge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:34 pm

November is probably the worst month of the year for this thing, since I have like all of the exams. But I will try. I don't know what I'll write, but it'll be completely ridiculous. Mind that I will write it in Spanish, and it'll take maybe another month to translate it, so if I end up coming with something, you'll probably have to wait another month to see it.

Prepare for the literary event of the century.

NudgeNudge
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Australia » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:39 am

So I decided to sign up after all, despite the limited chance of succeeding, because what are they going to do if I lose, throw me in prison?

NaNoWriMo Terms and Conditions wrote:Not completing NaNoWriMo is a capital offense...

Wow, you've really got to read that fineprint, huh? Anyway, given that this site inspired me to give it a shot (plus I'm in an uncreative mood), I tried to sign up with my TCS username and apparently "Australia" has been blacklisted as a known spammer username. Now, I know we're all allegedly convicts but which one of you has been reporting me? Guess I'll have to use another name like "NaNoWriMo Winner" or something. Think about the irony. Or else!

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby 52xMax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am

I'm terrible with deadlines, but I've always wanted to do something like that.

Not this November though, I'm a bit busy with some stuff. But I am planning to write a lot on the upcoming Mafia I'm GMing, so that's gotta count, right?

Maybe I'll do it in February or something, just for the hell of it.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Notch got close to 50k words on San Corleone.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Australia » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 am

Day Three. I've written a total of 400 words. I like my chances.

On the plus side, the username "NaNoWriMo Winner" wasn't taken so I have that to inspire me.

Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby Sheepman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Australia wrote:Day Three. I've written a total of 400 words. I like my chances.

On the plus side, the username "NaNoWriMo Winner" wasn't taken so I have that to inspire me.

Pff, I started my winning NaNoWriMo attempt on the 10th day, if I remember correctly. You just need to have a good weekend to make up for skipping a couple days!

Also, have you been using Write or Die? It is an awesome tool for encouraging you to write more and be distracted less.

sunglasses wrote:Additionally, I'd like to add that I don't recommend leaving small children alone with Aviel. They may come back crying after being shown the odds that they were going to die horribly in the next 70 years.

I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me.
Sheepman
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: God'); DROP TABLE Students;--

Postby Kate » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Australia wrote:Day Three. I've written a total of 400 words. I like my chances.

I either added you as a writing buddy, or I added a complete stranger. Or I broke the entire site. We'll see!

And, I've only got like 900 words right now, we'll catch up. Maybe.

Honestly, I'm stuck. I hate getting stuck.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby 52xMax » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 pm

I realize this is completely useless advice, but I've heard it so many times from creative people, there must be some truth to it:

The best way to get through a creative wall/blank page/block is by sitting down and write until something comes up.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby JamesT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am

So I've been trying and after an accident at the library involving fire I am actually down to negative 500,000 words. Here's hoping this next week is more productive.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Australia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 am

Nanowrimo wrote:At This Rate You Will Finish On March 19, 2014

Thanks for that vote of confidence, Nanowrimo.

Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

PreviousNext