Postby Grimstone » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:52 am

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Re: Pets you own

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Grimstone wrote:
Spoiler: show

SHE GOT HER ARMS OFF!!!

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby Grimstone » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:20 pm

"The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."
Grimstone
TCS Guerilla

Show rep
Title: Creature of the Night

Postby cmsellers » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:33 am

After five years without any, I finally went and got some more parrots. They're a male green-cheek conure and a female quaker parakeet (previous owner had them DNA-sexed), whom I'll call "J" and "L" out of paranoia that someone who knows me IRL might find this forum by googling their rather unusual names.

I had them on me most of the afternoon, but the only camera I have is my tablet, and I can't take one-handed pictures with it, so here are some pictures I took of them in their cage. Thus far they wanted to spend all their time in their cage, however after about an hour I took them out anyways and though L tried to get back to the cage twice, eventually they settled down until it started to get dark, when J got antsy. So I put them back and L seemed reluctant to go back, which is a good sign.

birdies-1.jpg
birdies-1.jpg (126.87 KiB) Viewed 12995 times

birdies-2.jpg
birdies-2.jpg (116.95 KiB) Viewed 12995 times

birdies-3.jpg
birdies-3.jpg (158.54 KiB) Viewed 12995 times

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 am

IMGA0905 - Copy - Copy.JPG
IMGA0905 - Copy - Copy.JPG (528.94 KiB) Viewed 12957 times

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:10 am

I has a sparkle!
Sparkle.jpg
Sparkle.jpg (28.5 KiB) Viewed 12668 times

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby tinyrick » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:47 am

I just recently acquired a cat. I was going out for a walk, which I do to relax after work sometimes, and this cat came up to me. I reached down to pet it cause most cats around here are not very friendly tomcats that run away when approached. Then she started following me. I sit down at a bench and start reading the book I brought with me, and she climbs on my lap and starts rubbing on me. I text my girlfriend about this cat following me and she was all, "She has chosen you as her human!"

Funny thing is, we've been wanting a pet for awhile, but we've been cash strapped. I just started this new job where I make a little more money and we started talking about getting a cat, and this cat just waltzed into our lives. She's so well-behaved, she figured out the litter box right away, I worried we may have picked up someone else's cat, but she didn't have a collar and she was real skinny when I took her in. We're kinda wondering if she might've been abandoned. Ever since we brought her in, she likes to curl up with us when we sleep and spend as much time with us as possible, and she's so excited if we both leave for an extended period of time, then return. Not sure how cat's react to this, but as a kid, I've had abandoned dogs, left as puppies next to a ditch, and they act like this.

My biggest concern right now is taking her out. I can't acknowledge that we have a cat for financial reasons for at least a month. There's a $200 deposit as well as a $20 per month addition to rent. She clearly has a desire to go outside though. I hate denying that to her. The $20 a month is nothing, but the $200 deposit needs to wait a bit.

Edit: We're not really the most religious couple, but we are pretty big on fate, and we like to think fate brought this kitty to us just when we needed her and she needed us. We've been looking around the neighborhood for missing cat posters, just in case, but nothing has come up. We named her Clawdia.

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! Tiny Rick!
tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:47 am

tinyrick wrote:I just recently acquired a cat. I was going out for a walk, which I do to relax after work sometimes, and this cat came up to me. I reached down to pet it cause most cats around here are not very friendly tomcats that run away when approached. Then she started following me. I sit down at a bench and start reading the book I brought with me, and she climbs on my lap and starts rubbing on me. I text my girlfriend about this cat following me and she was all, "She has chosen you as her human!"

Funny thing is, we've been wanting a pet for awhile, but we've been cash strapped. I just started this new job where I make a little more money and we started talking about getting a cat, and this cat just waltzed into our lives. She's so well-behaved, she figured out the litter box right away, I worried we may have picked up someone else's cat, but she didn't have a collar and she was real skinny when I took her in. We're kinda wondering if she might've been abandoned. Ever since we brought her in, she likes to curl up with us when we sleep and spend as much time with us as possible, and she's so excited if we both leave for an extended period of time, then return. Not sure how cat's react to this, but as a kid, I've had abandoned dogs, left as puppies next to a ditch, and they act like this.

My biggest concern right now is taking her out. I can't acknowledge that we have a cat for financial reasons for at least a month. There's a $200 deposit as well as a $20 per month addition to rent. She clearly has a desire to go outside though. I hate denying that to her. The $20 a month is nothing, but the $200 deposit needs to wait a bit.

Edit: We're not really the most religious couple, but we are pretty big on fate, and we like to think fate brought this kitty to us just when we needed her and she needed us. We've been looking around the neighborhood for missing cat posters, just in case, but nothing has come up. We named her Clawdia.

Pics or it didn't happen.

DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 am

My other Siamese Mix, April.
April.jpg
April.jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 12669 times

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby Francek » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am

Ferret Libby!

IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG (113.57 KiB) Viewed 12609 times

Francek
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:44 am

April is a sleepcute.
Sleepy Apy.jpg
Sleepy Apy.jpg (52.88 KiB) Viewed 12560 times

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep

Postby tinyrick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Kitty 087 (640x457).jpg
Kitty 087 (640x457).jpg (175.97 KiB) Viewed 12499 times

Sorry I didn't post sooner. The camera on my phone is broke, but I just realized there's a camera on my tablet.

Edit: Kinda looks like CarrieVS's profile.

tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 pm

I don't think she looks a lot like Poppy, really, but she's very sweet.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby tinyrick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

CarrieVS wrote:I don't think she looks a lot like Poppy, really, but she's very sweet.

Come to think of it, it's only the colors that are similar. The pattern is different.

She has two modes of behavior. One is lovey dovey head rubsies and the other is hyperactive bitey scratchy. When she engages the second one, it's not long before she falls asleep on the couch like this.

Kitty 086.jpg
Kitty 086.jpg (925.63 KiB) Viewed 12465 times

This picture was taken after a library book sale. That's why they're all scattered off to the side.

tinyrick
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

PreviousNext