Pets you own

What do you do with your free time?

Re: Pets you own

Postby sunglasses » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 am

Ganymede314 wrote:Also, oooooh you have ferrets, sunny, that is so cool, I love those little fellas! I'd love to adopt one eventually, what are they like to look after?

Personally I think the ideal number of ferrets is 2-3. They get lonely otherwise. I used to have them litter box trained until the youngest one came along, she then proceeded to dump all the litter, all the time. They go to the bathroom a lot. Be prepared to change newpaper/empty litter often. I love 'em though. Even if they do run off with my socks and bras all the time. Each one has different things it likes to run off with. Spunky (deceased) used to love running off with newspapers, paper towels, and anything fuzzy. Jill likes to take dog toys. Foamy takes dog food. Millie, when she was healthy, would run off with anything shiny. Smokey Jinx takes anything that crinkles. Talhoe has arthritis and doesn't run off with too much-she prefers to wait and nip our ankles. I highly recommend 'Ferrets for Dummies.' Also adopting is a great idea and the older ones are the more cuddly ones. Their nails need cut often and ears need to be cleaned periodically. Despite the musty smell frequent baths are not recommended. I mostly have females but I prefer the males more. Not sure why. They're bigger boys for sure and they've been the cuddly ones of the bunch. I hope this information was helpful. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Attachments
TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:10 am

sunglasses, please tell me you named your cat "Pom Pom" after Homestar Runner. PLEASE.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby w00 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 am

I only like the friendly pets that you can either go places with or cuddle with at home.

For example, I have a pair of humans that I keep around.

(see avatar)

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, while others merely gargle.
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defence of liberty:
1) soap, 2) ballot, 3) jury, 4) ammo.
Use in that order.
w00
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Wrote the Turing test

Postby sunglasses » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm

JugularNotch wrote:sunglasses, please tell me you named your cat "Pom Pom" after Homestar Runner. PLEASE.

As much as I love Strongbad, I named her Pom Pom because when she was a kitten she looked like a fluffy little Pom Pom.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby dargonhuman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 am

I've got an assortment of fleas and crabs, do those count? No? Damn it, JamesT, you assured me those counted as pets!
Other than the parasites, no, I'm allergic to most fur-bearing or feathered beasts, I find that most reptiles smell too bad and anything that lives in water is too much work so nope, no pets for me.
Wait, do high-maintenance girlfriends count? If so, then yes, I have one of those. If not, then still nope.

dargonhuman
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 pm

I imagine if she happens to catch wind of that last post, it won't be much of an issue for long anyway :D

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:43 pm

dargonhuman wrote:I've got an assortment of fleas and crabs, do those count? No? Damn it, JamesT, you assured me those counted as pets!
Other than the parasites, no, I'm allergic to most fur-bearing or feathered beasts, I find that most reptiles smell too bad and anything that lives in water is too much work so nope, no pets for me.
Wait, do high-maintenance girlfriends count? If so, then yes, I have one of those. If not, then still nope.

They most certainly do count as pets! They're nice, low maintenance pets. All you need is some hair and skin and you're good to go. And they are as loyal as any dog or cat you can find.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Matthew Notch » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Jesus James, for a second I thought you were talking about the parasites.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby JamesT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:26 pm

JugularNotch wrote:Jesus James, for a second I thought you were talking about the parasites.

I was.

*scratches self*

Not the girlfriends, then? I am not very good at Internets.

Last edit by JugularNotch, 09:53 PM

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Rebo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm

I've got 3 dogs. a 16 year old terrier mutt, a 13ish year old jack russell mutt with one eye, and a 7 month golden retriever/collie/shepherd mutt that is a terror and won't stop growing. They are all rescue dogs.

I lost my best dog ever a couple years ago after she came down with cervical cancer. She was a Huskey/Wolf/Shepherd Hybrid, and no other dog in the world will ever be able to take her place. I still miss her every day. Her name was Hazel (from Watership Down, which is odd because technically she was the runt and I should have gone with Fiver), and she was the smartest and most loyal creature to have ever graced this planet.

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am

Here are some pictures of animals that live in my house.

A cat named Stevens

A dog named Stavro

(Sorry Stavro) the world's GREATEST dog, Banksy.

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby pucewarrior » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 am

I've got a couple of Norwegian Elkhounds (Scout and Whispa, brother and sister) and recently adopted my brother's cat, a Maine Coon (we think) called Kaiser. Kaiser does not get along with the wuffs. They love him anyway.

pucewarrior
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Trojanman21 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 am

I had this little guy for 11 years. He passed away 2 years ago and he was awesome. We took this picture at Mammoth Lakes (he was a mountain dog. Obviously.)

Trojanman21
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Matthew Notch » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 am

And now, by Michael's typical request, more photos of the animals that live in my house.

Stevens doing dainty toes

Stevens again, this time with Mrs. Notch's baby plants which are not pets, but don't try telling her that

Stevens in her death throes

Stevens, after we stuffed her, on top of Stavro. Part of a series entitled, "Things my dog doesn't notice"

Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 am

I'd like to own some terrapins, a norwegian forest cat or a husky. Someone in my neighbourhood owns a crossbred alsatian and husky.

However, I'm really interested in getting a lizard, especially the thorny gecko, which I don't think you can have as a pet.

Last edited by AboveGL on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

PreviousNext