Showing off some improvements!

A place to hang your fingerpaints, blue ribbons and the things you've created.

Showing off some improvements!

Postby clownpiece » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 am

Welcome to my thread, where this is the only art that exists. Yes, you probably won't remember me! I signed up for this place a while ago hoping for a long-lasting community but alas my DIMINUTIVE MEMORY strikes again. 'Tis why I don't usually use social media -- eventually I just get bored or forget about it, or both. Back then I posted some mediocre art and jokes on you it's still mediocre! I like it though, and that's all that really matters.

IN HERE YOU'LL SEE:
Line art improvements (wow!)
Anatomy improvements (sometimes!)
Shading and coloring improvements (not really because I'm still as lazy as I was back then!)

I also made a Deviantart account hoping to get some feedback and/or get my ego inflated, but I don't do My Little Pony or hyper-hyper realism so my account only has 43 pageviews. I originally made it only to show my art and stories easier to my friends anyway. so who cares about pageviews anyway sob sob However, if you would like to take a look, here it is! You can find my art and stories there. I'm always, always, always looking for improvement whether it be on my art or my writing!

For reference, here's some of the art that is old.
Yes, I still use Firealpaca and I still use a mouse.

THE GENERAL IMPROVEMENT STORE
My crown jewel at the moment is, uhm... let's just choose this one. I have a lot of new art that I really like. It's a bit of a weird one, conceptually, but I still really see & love the effort I clearly put into it! Also, it's the only picture that includes Cloth Wrinkles, Color AND Shading all in the same one! So it's the best example, because I usually leave one or two of those out out of laziness.
Spoiler: show
If you are wondering, it is a pregnant lizard lady. Anyway, I think I did a much better job with the anatomy and design of my lizard orcs. However, I've never really dealt with pregnant/bigger bellies in general and I used no reference so I have no real idea how I did. Cloth is stupid and I hate it. Especially silk, because it's much lighter and fold-y. I was just winging it all the way through and I did a decent job I guess.

The LINEWORK MARKET
Special props to special smooth linework has to go to the Octopus Trio.
Look at those lines. Smoov. Krisp. Also, that first guy has such weird anatomy because I tried to make him a hybrid between a humanoid-thing and a weird deep-sea skin tube that could swallow prey the same size as him and bigger.

THE MUSCULATURE EMPORIUM
There is one particular piece where I specifically set out to draw something that I really suck at, ie. muscular figures. I still wussed out when it came to his torso, but I always end up drawing these thing at like 3 am and I get tired. Don't judge.
I think it's pretty good! I wanna grab those arms and give them a squeeze.

THE TRANSPARENCY DEPARTMENT STORE
WHY AM I SO BAD AT SAVING IN TRANSPARENCY. ALL OF MY 'NO BACKGROUND HAHA LOOKS LIKE SHIT' PROBLEMS COULD BE SOLVED IF I'D JUST REMEMBER TO S A V E I N T R A N S P A R E N C Y
He's meant to be a war god, but he mostly looks like a baby. I still love him, he's so handsome. This could also fit into the Musculature Store.

THE BACKGROUND BOUTIQUE
SOLD OUT. No backgrounds to be seen here, I hate doing backgrounds. It's not a good habit, but I don't give a toot!!

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: fwip

Re: Showing off some improvements!

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 am

Super cute art clownpiece! I do remember you, you posted links to some pretty neat games. I too almost always forget/am too lazy to make background of my art transparent :P hope your family life is better <3

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby clownpiece » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Ladki96 wrote:Super cute art clownpiece! I do remember you, you posted links to some pretty neat games. I too almost always forget/am too lazy to make background of my art transparent :P hope your family life is better <3

Thank you! It is, actually! He finally moved out so we don't have to deal with him anymore at least, and now that that's happened we can actually keep up on the bills :P he paid back my sister, and he hasn't paid me back yet but I don't really care.

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby clownpiece » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Here's another one!

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:01 pm

I enjoy octopus #2 most of all.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby clownpiece » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 pm

If you want to learn more about the Octopus Trio, then go here! It's a comprehensive description of what they are, even down to how they fu-- reproduce.

And if you like this, I'm already working on the others! Profiles like this are really where I shine and they're my favorite way to write.

clownpiece
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep