Back in the Day

A place to hang your fingerpaints, blue ribbons and the things you've created.

Back in the Day

Postby Piter Lauchy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:22 am

Last time, little'uns, some of you have asked me how it was before. This question in itself showcases the sort of weakness that we wouldn't have tolerated back in the day. Either you acted or you were acted upon. Questioning shit got you killed.

But, alas, times have changed. I'm a stubborn old fool, but I wouldn't have made it this far without adapting to change. So here we are.

Back in the day, life was simple. You trusted noone, you helped noone, and by God, you didn't screw with noone. Don't tell anyone I said that. You know how it is.
Life was simple. Life was hard, but it was simple. If you wanted to eat, you got out there and hunted. If you wanted to drink, you got out there and hunted. If you wanted to fuck… well, you know where this is going.

Of course, there were groups. The one I counted myself a part of was recently deemed to be the worst pack of uncivilised psychopaths of all time by our estimated mayor. The fuck does he know. Faggot was sheltered from the real world while his parents' slaves were out there, doing the same shit we did. At least we didn't claim it was all for the greater good.
Don't tell anyone I said that.

When we were your age, we didn't get lectures. We got results. If you didn't bring home at least a Freaker's leg, you went to bed with an empty stomach and a few more bruises, if you were lucky.
Yeah, it's true. Freakers were our enemies back then, believe it or not. If you look closely, they still are. Don't tell anyone I said that.
Today it's all about “protecting the weaker race” and “maintaining a diverse culture”, but can anyone tell me why we shouldn't get rid of a species that has only two legs? A species that has more fingers than eyes? No? Thought so.

Useless is what they are. What they've always been. I know, I know, some of you have Freaker friends. And that's all fine and dandy. But beware. Heed my words. They will betray you. It's in their nature. Don't tell anyone I said that.

They say history repeats itself. I say it just puts up a huge fucking mirror. And if there's one thing I want you to take home from today's lesson, little'uns, it's this: Look closely. Don't trust noone.
And most importantly, don't tell anyone I said that.

behind the scenes
This was inspired by TCS's post-apocalyptic writing contest. I had way more ideas/content back then, but unfortunately, inspiration and motivation rarely coincide for me. I wrote this under the influence of two bottles of wine and with pretty much zero effort and it shows. But eh. I wrote it, so I'm putting it out.

The Oatmeal wrote:Live life passionately and love everyone like they are family, because Jesus is always with you. Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees. [...]
Praise Jesus, especially when it's sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.
Piter Lauchy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Idk, someone give me one