My art thread

A place to hang your fingerpaints, blue ribbons and the things you've created.

My art thread

Postby Tesseracts » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:17 pm

I have been working on this all week as part of an illustration workshop. It's an illustration of a short story about an astronaut who gets stranded on an asteroid and finds alien plant life. I created it entirely in Photoshop.

Edit: I changed the title of this thread so I can post all art and not just space-flower related art.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: astronaut

Postby Typical Michael » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 pm

That is pretty sweet, Tess. I wish I could do that sorta thing.

Every time I see a picture of an astronaut, I am going to think of this video, probably forever.

"Typical... Michael... is a ddddddddddddddddddddashing individual!!! *BC punches self in face*" - ButtChocolate

"I'm like Batman, but instead of helping people I'm awful." - CleverDick

"In fairness, I was the one who brought up the goats." - JamesT
Typical Michael
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: ThingMaster

Postby Marcuse » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

That's badass, I wish I could create things as cool as that.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Strant » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 pm

That's better than anything i will ever draw just way way way (add infinity) better than what i can do.

<Orange>A fellow called Strant (he's a Swede)
<Orange>Is a fetus who somehow can read
<Orange>He'll plant a chat bomb
<Orange>Though with charm and aplomb
<Orange>Then laugh as he watches us bleed
__

"Somewhere over the rainbow there's another rainbow"
Strant
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Asshole

Postby ButtChocolate » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Nice work Tess. Real nice.

Spoiler: show
...but if I know my Sci-Fi, that astronaut holding that weird luminescent space-flower is going to be DEAD in the next drawing, or infecting the rest of her crew with the Space Madness spores, and helping to paint the interior of her cargo ship red with their entrails. Just you wait and see... I warned you... I WARNED YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby Tablo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm

I am not as good as that in art so i have a plan i will cut off the hands of every artist or better artist than me i will kill every artist in TCS so by default i will be the best artist.Sweet dreams JamesT and Tess and other artists sweet dreams.Muahahahahhahahhahahahahahaahahhahahaa.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby avd420 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am

Tesseracts wrote:
I have been working on this all week as part of an illustration workshop. It's an illustration of a short story about an astronaut who gets stranded on an asteroid and finds alien plant life. I created it entirely in Photoshop.

Wow. I don't have words to articulate how I feel about your art. So, "wow" will have to suffice.

Seriously, wow.

Don't Make Me Work.
avd420
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 am

ButtChocolate wrote:Nice work Tess. Real nice.

...but if I know my Sci-Fi, that astronaut holding that weird luminescent space-flower is going to be DEAD in the next drawing, or infecting the rest of her crew with the Space Madness spores, and helping to paint the interior of her cargo ship red with their entrails. Just you wait and see... I warned you... I WARNED YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, this is the world's only science fiction story that actually has a happy ending. The astronaut uses the flowers space flower power to rescue herself, and becomes rich off of space flowers. Also, her robot friend spends the money learning how to feel the robot version of pleasure, which sort of came out of nowhere. The end.

BUT, for all you know, the entrails part happens immediately after the story ends. They should call it Space Flowers 2: Dead Rich People.

Anyway, I completely reworked every single thing about this image. There are still plenty of things I can improve, but overall I really like how this turned out, it's the best imaginative picture I have done in my life.

In the future I will be even more self indulgent and post all the steps it took me to create this picture.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: My art thread

Postby Qinglong » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

Tesseracts wrote:In the future I will be even more self indulgent and post all the steps it took me to create this picture.

I would actually love to see this. The creative process fascinates me. It's really cool to see how a rough idea is made into a finished work of art.

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby Marcuse » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 pm

I second Qinglong on this, I have almost no skill in visual art on paper or canvass (or electronic variants) so I would be interested to see the process behind something awesome like this.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby ButtChocolate » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Tesseracts wrote:

Actually, this is the world's only science fiction story that actually has a happy ending. The astronaut uses the flowers space flower power to rescue herself, and becomes rich off of space flowers. Also, her robot friend spends the money learning how to feel the robot version of pleasure, which sort of came out of nowhere. The end.

BUT, for all you know, the entrails part happens immediately after the story ends. They should call it Space Flowers 2: Dead Rich People.

I like the more vibrant colors in the new one, the addition of her hair, and her skintone.

I now imagine her robot friend looking on just out of frame, wringing its hands and with dollar signs in its optical display. Maybe wearing a tophat...

"Comb" ~ Typical Michael
ButtChocolate
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Sausage King of Chicago

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I'd really like to hear about the different stages in creating this image as well, Tess.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby Rebo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Fuck you, I'm Mayor.
Rebo
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Tablo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Tesseracts wrote:

[spoiler]...but if I know my Sci-Fi, that astronaut holding that weird luminescent space-flower is going to be DEAD in the next drawing, or infecting the rest of her crew with the Space Madness spores, and helping to paint the interior of her cargo ship red with their entrails. Just you wait and see... I warned you... I WARNED YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I completely reworked every single thing about this image. There are still plenty of things I can improve, but overall I really like how this turned out, it's the best imaginative picture I have done in my life.

In the future I will be even more self indulgent and post all the steps it took me to create this picture.

[/Spoiler]
ROBOTS!!! ROBOT PLEASURE!!! Now i wanna read this badly, also if the robots are able to feel pleasure with the flower then does that mean the robots are sentient beings.Oh my gosh part 2 would probably be about robot sentience, perhaps a robot rebellion and the flower's evil powers.

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Tablo, the resident shrink
Will cure all your ills in a blink
(If you're weird or you're lazy:
If actually crazy
You're better off turning to drink)

My therapy thread
Nothing to see here keep moving ,you signature looking looker.
Tablo
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Table,Therapist and ladies man

Postby Peryite » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:54 am

Wow, that's really pretty! The lady reminds me a little of Ripley in the first version, because of her serious gaze and curly brown hair.

Peryite
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Post-Modernist

Next