Baffling and obnoxious driving behavior

Discussion, in general

Re: Baffling and obnoxious driving behavior

Postby JamishT » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 am

Tonight on my way home, I had to merge onto a highway that, due to construction, was down to one lane. I didn't have to come to a full stop, but I really should have. There was a Dodge Charger (a new one) that was dark gray and had only one headlight on that I nearly sideswiped. I don't know how I didn't hit it, the headlight was on the driver's side and there were no streetlights in the area, so I could not see it at all. I exited soon after merging and only then could I see what kind of car it was and that it didn't even have any tail lights on.

People be dumb.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

For the second time since Wednesday there has been a rear end collision very close to my house. First one was someone had stopped to make a left turn at the road to the left of my house and got hit pretty hard. We heard the late brake tire squeal and crash. It was a case of not paying attention imo. There is great visibility heading south and for motorsake there's a short lane built into the shoulder for people who are turning right. The driver immediately behind the accident stuck around and was even the first person to talk to the cops.

This morning I didn't even hear a crash I just saw flashing lights responding to the crash. This accident was on the opposite side of the road and to the right of my house. Three vehicles were involved and a woman in the furthest one back was taken to the hospital by ambulance but she seemed lucid. Probably whiplash.

Pay attention and slow down. Maybe leave the drugs alone and ignore your phone too.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby cmsellers » Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 am

The very start of my trip to Houston yesterday, while still in Austin, induced the first incident of road rage I've ever experienced.

The light turned yellow, so I slowed down (I have a bad habit of not running yellows in a city where everyone else seems to run them) and a car from the other lane cut right in front of me. I was startled, but I'm used to people in Austin cutting me off and I was already slowing down anyways because of the light.

Not only did I not think much of it, but I was initially sympathetic to the car who cut me off. This is one of those right turn/straight combo lanes, and it's really annoying when there's one car in front of you going straight at a red light, preventing a right turn.

Then I realized, "wait a minute, they're not turning right." And I, you see, was turning right, and I get stuck behind that one person who's not turning right a lot, but that was the first time it had happened because some asshole took me not running the yellow as an invitation to cut me off.

At that point I lost it. I beeped my horn and gave them the finger. Not a good idea in a state that allows open carry, but I finally understand how people get road rage.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri May 11, 2018 9:13 am

cmsellers wrote:The very start of my trip to Houston yesterday, while still in Austin, induced the first incident of road rage I've ever experienced.

The light turned yellow, so I slowed down (I have a bad habit of not running yellows in a city where everyone else seems to run them) and a car from the other lane cut right in front of me. I was startled, but I'm used to people in Austin cutting me off and I was already slowing down anyways because of the light.

Not only did I not think much of it, but I was initially sympathetic to the car who cut me off. This is one of those right turn/straight combo lanes, and it's really annoying when there's one car in front of you going straight at a red light, preventing a right turn.

Then I realized, "wait a minute, they're not turning right." And I, you see, was turning right, and I get stuck behind that one person who's not turning right a lot, but that was the first time it had happened because some asshole took me not running the yellow as an invitation to cut me off.

At that point I lost it. I beeped my horn and gave them the finger. Not a good idea in a state that allows open carry, but I finally understand how people get road rage.

Reason #23 on getting a dashboard camera cmsellers, then you can name and shame him.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Previous