Can't read it any other way

Discussion, in general

Re: Can't read it any other way

Postby Marcuse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm

cmsellers wrote:Another one I noticed recently: multilevel marketing has apparently gotten so popular people just call it "MLM."

Every time I see that I read "men loving men"/"men who love men" and do a double take.

The same is true of the Mainstream Media abbreviation MSM, which is commonly used in psychology to mean "men having sex with men". I'm not entirely sure whether it's deliberate or not...

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Kate » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:35 pm

It's great because when the Bundy brothers thing happened, I kept reading BLM as Black Lives Matter. I was severely confused about why Black Lives Matter was trying to get involved in cattle grazing rights.

STD = Star Trek Discovery, but I do that on purpose.

Along those lines, B&B = Berman and Braga to me, not Bed and Breakfast. Gets very confusing when planning vacations.

I knew someone who used to say "Best Comment Ever" but abbreviated it to BCE. That was confusing.

When I was pregnant I hung out on some mommy boards. So now Duh = Dumb Husband. It was mostly in the DWIL forum, or dealing with in-laws. My in-laws are great but that's where the drama is!

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I've always thought it was "I was in jail just before we met", but it is "I wasn't jealous before we met".

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Previous