How fascist are you?

Discussion, in general

How fascist are you?

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:00 am

I'm 36% Hitler.

In your case, it would appear that your political outlook shares more than a few of the core doctrines of fascism. Since fascism is really a mix of communism, socialism, conservatism, and liberalism, with a few innovations of its own thrown in, it is scarcely surprising that most people's political outlook will have quite a few similarities with the doctrines of fascism. Even after adjusting for these parameters, however, it would seem that the commonalities between your political outlook and fascism are not merely incidental, but arise from certain overall themes, concerns, and solutions which your personal outlook has in common with fascism. While you are most likely *not* a fascist, the overlap between your preferred society and that of fascism is simply too significant to be pure chance. In all likelihood, you are what one might call a 'Fascist Fellow Traveler': Someone who sees value in some of the immediate societal changes that fascism would bring about, but *not* someone who is an actual fascist. Your ultimate political goal lies elsewhere.
  • 15

User avatar
Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother
 
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 am
Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby NotCIAAgent » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:07 am

33%. But hey, don't worry, Hitler was very progressive too, he hated the jews decades before the extreme left would start doing it as well.
  • 14

Last edited by NotCIAAgent on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
NotCIAAgent
Knight Writer
Knight Writer
 
Posts: 2914
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 am
Location: 90's, Canada Wilderness
Show rep
Title: Shitposter Extraordinaire

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby DashaBlade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:08 am

You are 20% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.
While your political outlook may share a few (or even quite a few) of fascism's fundamental doctrines, it is overall safe to say that your political orientation is *not* a fascist one. Now, you may find this result unsurprising, but in reality, most people have at least some points of agreement with fascism since fascism is really a mix of communism, socialism, conservatism, and liberalism, with a few innovations of its own thrown in. Hence, adjusting for these factors, even though your fascism percentage might seem quite high, there is really nothing surprising about these agreements, when viewed in their proper historical context, so rest assured: Your political beliefs are definitely not fascist.
  • 12

User avatar
DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 am
Location: Waving my hands at passing cars
Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby Taluun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 am

You are 26% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.

I don't like some of the questions though like, "If a state is to protect the freedom of its citizens in the long run, the state itself must be free to make controversial or unlawful decisions when necessary."

If it is necessary then of course it needs to be done, thats what it being necessary means...
  • 13

User avatar
Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Show rep

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 am

You are 18% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.
While your political outlook may share a few (or even quite a few) of fascism's fundamental doctrines, it is overall safe to say that your political orientation is *not* a fascist one. Now, you may find this result unsurprising, but in reality, most people have at least some points of agreement with fascism since fascism is really a mix of communism, socialism, conservatism, and liberalism, with a few innovations of its own thrown in. Hence, adjusting for these factors, even though your fascism percentage might seem quite high, there is really nothing surprising about these agreements, when viewed in their proper historical context, so rest assured: Your political beliefs are definitely not fascist.

The more you know...
  • 11

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
User avatar
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: not the outskirts of nowhere anymore, NJ, USA
Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby DashaBlade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am

Taluun wrote:You are 26% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.

I don't like some of the questions though like, "If a state is to protect the freedom of its citizens in the long run, the state itself must be free to make controversial or unlawful decisions when necessary."

If it is necessary then of course it needs to be done, thats what it being necessary means...


That question, oddly enough, was an easy "No" for me, because of the "unlawful" part. If it had just said controversial, I'd have been in the agreement choir, but I strongly oppose the idea that laws don't apply to the people who wrote the damn things.

The one that bothered me was the one about making cops, firemen and *schools* follow more military-like training. I'm fine with cops being held to the standards of the military, but not firefighters. And if public schools ever go martial, I'm gonna start a hippie commune or some shit.
  • 14

User avatar
DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 am
Location: Waving my hands at passing cars
Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby RedBearded » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:49 am

43%. It gave the same Fascist Fellow-Traveler explanation as Tess.
  • 10

Redbearded-Joined:Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm
God-Joined:Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm
User avatar
RedBearded
TCS Guerilla
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Show rep

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby Taluun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:53 am

DashaBlade wrote:
Taluun wrote:You are 26% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.

I don't like some of the questions though like, "If a state is to protect the freedom of its citizens in the long run, the state itself must be free to make controversial or unlawful decisions when necessary."

If it is necessary then of course it needs to be done, thats what it being necessary means...


That question, oddly enough, was an easy "No" for me, because of the "unlawful" part. If it had just said controversial, I'd have been in the agreement choir, but I strongly oppose the idea that laws don't apply to the people who wrote the damn things.

The one that bothered me was the one about making cops, firemen and *schools* follow more military-like training. I'm fine with cops being held to the standards of the military, but not firefighters. And if public schools ever go martial, I'm gonna start a hippie commune or some shit.


And that is the counter argument for why I left that one in the middle. The simple inclusion of "if necessary" is why I didn't just say no. If its necessary then its to the benefit of us all and I am not one who will stand by principles if it means a more negative/less positive overall outcome.
  • 5

User avatar
Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Show rep

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby sunglasses » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:12 am

You are 31% Fascist, which makes you
Not Fascist.
  • 9

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
User avatar
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 11541
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:23 am

I got 41%

I'm confused. I've taken tests and I've been labeled as liberal, socialist, libertarian, borderline libertarian, moderate, Green Party, and now Fascist.

Which one am I, Internet?!
  • 20

User avatar
FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator
 
Posts: 4553
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm
Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby cmsellers » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 am

I got 19%: certified not fascist.

How did Tess and I end up with such drastically different results?
  • 6

User avatar
cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie
 
Posts: 8903
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Location: Three miles from the bat bridge
Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby JamishT » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:26 am

I'm 33% fascist. One third, suckas!
  • 9

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
User avatar
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber
 
Posts: 5492
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm
Location: KC, MO, AMERICA
Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:02 pm

cmsellers wrote:I got 19%: certified not fascist.

How did Tess and I end up with such drastically different results?

I was kicked out of a prestigious art school and you weren't.
  • 15

User avatar
Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother
 
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 am
Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby Marcuse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Tesseracts wrote:
cmsellers wrote:I got 19%: certified not fascist.

How did Tess and I end up with such drastically different results?

I was kicked out of a prestigious art school and you weren't.


:o

Tess = Hitler!

Half Life 3 confirmed!!!!

Edit: I also got 34% fascist, which apparently means I'm not fascist. Yay.
  • 12

User avatar
Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord
 
Posts: 6589
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:00 pm
Show rep

Re: How fascist are you?

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Marcuse wrote:
Tesseracts wrote:
cmsellers wrote:I got 19%: certified not fascist.

How did Tess and I end up with such drastically different results?

I was kicked out of a prestigious art school and you weren't.


:o

Tess = Hitler!

Half Life 3 confirmed!!!!



Wait, wasn't Hitler simply rejected from art school?

Wouldn't Tess being thrown out of art school hypothetically make her worse than Hitler?
  • 13

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
User avatar
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:55 pm
Location: Inside your ear canal
Show rep

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest