Do you like dogs?

Yes.
83%
No, because I'm silly.
17%

Total votes : 42

(The dog thread)= Tell Jim stories about dogs

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Title says it all, this is a thread for everything dog related. In this thread you can talk about anything relating to dogs such as what type of dogs you like, the dogs you owned, stories relating to dogs you owned, personal stories relating to dogs in general. This is also a place for discussions on things dog related, such as why they are better than cats.

Pictures of dogs are encouraged.

Like all great ideas this one randomly stumbled upon me in the shower, henceforth I take sole credit for it.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Re: (The dog thread)= Tell Jim stories about dogs

Postby Paradox » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:43 pm

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Toy wrote:
Spoiler: show

My dog does this to me a lot.

Especially when he sits on my lap while I'm driving the car. He doesn't seem to understand that I can't always control the car and pet him at the same time.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Probably not the kind of story Jim wants:
I genuinely have cynophobia - i.e. fear of dogs. When I was 5 or 6, I was attacked by a dog - a Golden Retriever, which is apparently surprising because they're meant to be very friendly. I'm fine with little dogs or old dogs, but I still can't go near a big, energetic dog.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 pm

If someone goes down to the basement in Dad's house, the dog likes to wait on the top step so that when your face is level with hers, she can lick you.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby cmsellers » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Your poll leaves out the one true option, Jim:
"No, but I can tolerate those tiny toy dogs that real dog people hate because they're basically yappy cats."

Any rate, you asked for a story, so here it is:
the greatest dog story ever told
A boy owned a dog that was uncommonly shaggy. Many people remarked upon its considerable shagginess. When the boy learned that there are contests for shaggy dogs, he entered his dog. The dog won first prize for shagginess in both the local and the regional competitions. The boy entered the dog in ever-larger contests, until finally he entered it in the world championship for shaggy dogs. When the judges had inspected all of the competing dogs, they remarked about the boy's dog: "He's not that shaggy."

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Australia » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:19 pm

And when he got home and was asked who the winner was:

That is legitimately how I thought the story was going to end. Or did the judge say "He's not that Shaggy. Is he? Of Angel and Boombastic fame? Nah, can't be. Too short"?

Bark and branch.jpg
Bark and branch.jpg (73.19 KiB) Viewed 7464 times

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35 pm

I once let some dogs out in the early 2000's, and a great furor ensued.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:42 pm

If Stephen King finds this thread idk man.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby gisambards » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Definitely not the sort of story about dogs Jim wants:
One of the most awkward conversations I've had in my life was when a flatmate drunkenly confessed to me that when he was a child his grandfather forced him to kill a dog.
Said flatmate - who, for anonymity's sake, will be known only as Hans - is English but his parents are German. His dad is an investment banker or something, but his grandfather was a farmer, and one year, when Hans was about 10, they decided to go on holiday to the old family farm in rural Germany. While they were there one of the sheepdogs became somehow debilitated and - while Hans' parents had gone out on a trip and left him in his grandfather's care - Grandpa Hans decided it was time for little Hans to learn to become a man. He accomplished this by taking him and the dog behind the barn and making him shoot it in the head. Now, I don't know much about parenting or dog ownership, but that doesn't really seem the best way to go about either.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Having never been forced to shoot a dog by an older relative, I now feel suddenly insecure in my masculinity.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Bromo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:53 am

I ate a hot dog the other day. It was really yummy.

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Postby JamishT » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:02 am

The dog we had while I lived at home was an Australian Shepherd/Schipperke mix, and he was great! Once, our 10-12 cows got out of their pasture and made it a mile or two down the road before a neighbor called us. They got Zircon (the dog) and went after them. When they found the cows (I wasn't along for reasons I don't remember), they told Zircon "Take them home!" and he did, even though he had never been where they were, he kept the group together and moving home with no help from humans. Also, we didn't train him in herding cows at all, he just knew what to do. Also he was like 30 pounds. I miss that dog.

Zircon circa 2010

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 pm

I have family in upstate NY, like close to Canada upstate. My aunt and uncle had a farm and on this farm they had a dog and Beagle was his name-o. Yes Beagle was indeed a beagle. Beagle was your typical beagle but he had a habit of running alongside the road to get around. When he was (iirc) 8 or so a car struck him. The people driving the car were beside themselves with grief. They left their car and Beagle at the scene and walked to the house to break the bad news that they had killed this poor dog. Aunt and Uncle were all upset of course. They were confused however when everyone went back to the car and Beagle was gone. Well he wasn't gone but he had managed to drag himself out of the road into a field and alerted everyone to his presence with a "bark". He ended up having a front leg amputated but lived many more happy years. Even though he got hit by another car later on. That accident wasn't nearly as bad though from what I was told it knocked the wind out of him but no broken bones.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DashaBlade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:34 pm

My grandma had a little dog named Topsy. She was half chihuahua, half miniature poodle, and I know what you're all thinking - that had to be the yappiest, dumbest dog ever. But through some weird alchemy, she was possibly the most badass dog I ever knew.

Grandma lived in the house next door to us on my parents' property, and the neighbors on the other side of her house had Dobermans who would occasionally get out of their yard and come over to annoy us. Topsy, who was smaller than an average cat, would chase them off our property if she saw them. Grandma also raised ducks, and she would prowl around the outside of the duck enclosure and chase away cats and dogs that got too close.

Also, she was bilingual. On more than one occasion, I caught her meowing at cats. She didn't dislike them, as long as they kept away from Grandma's ducks, and there were lots of times when I'd find her sleeping in a pile with two or three of our barn cats.

She was our best dog. I miss her.

DashaBlade
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cat Lady

Next