Minor annoyances

Discussion, in general

Re: Minor annoyances

Postby iMURDAu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Yes Win10 I know full well there's a "problem" with my Microsoft account that won't let me access Outlook which I don't use and never will. If I cared even a little bit then that would be notification worthy.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Anglerphobe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:16 pm

*gets in from working on Saturday*

"Hey, Anglerphobe, aren't you going in to work again tomorrow?"

Yes, and I'm also going to die one day and be forgotten. I had been looking forward to a relaxing evening of not thinking about it.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby Malfeasinator » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 pm

I played the first Zelda game yesterday, and beat it today. I have this problem where I try to be a completionist but I always end up beating the first quest while I'm missing something.

The first time I ever beat the game, when I was a kid, I had 14 out of the 16 possible hearts, and those were just all the ones I could find.

Today, I couldn't even get the Red Ring. The rings, for people who don't know what I'm talking about, halve the damage you take. You start off wearing green clothes, and you take normal damage. You can buy a Blue Ring, and that makes all the damage you take get cut to 50%. The Red Ring takes it down another 50% (note: not to zero; 50% of what it was when you wore the Blue Ring). It's one of the two special items in Level 9. The other one is the Silver Arrow, which is definitely needed to win.

I didn't have the map of the stage and suddenly I was like "Oh crap! Ganon! Guess I'm doing this." I did the thing and won, but I still felt like I was missing out. A lot of stage 9 wasn't filled out; it's supposed to look like a Skull when it's finished. I had nothing like that going on. I won but the feeling felt hollow.

Now it's time for the 2nd Quest. I hate the second quest with a passion. I mean I've beat it, but it's tougher. Besides almost everything being rearranged, the game throws some messed up junk your way, like:

1. A red and blue orb thing - the red orb hits you, you lose your sword, and have to get hit by the blue orb to get it back again. They don't do damage, but it's a real pain when there's only red orbs on the screen and you have to find the room with the blue orbs to feel whole again.

2. Harder enemies, much earlier on. Yeah, I like having a room full of things I have to hit 8 times, like right off the bat.

3. More old guys robbing you. In the first quest, the worst you'd get is someone mad that you blew up or burned down the door to their house, and they'd charge you 20 rupees. In the levels, there are secret rooms sometimes where an old guy will demand 50 rupees or a permanent loss of a heart to leave the room. If you show up with less than 50 rupees, you'll probably just want to reset.

4. There are secret walk-through walls, and most of them are one way. They don't look any different than the normal walls, so you have to keep pushing on everything and seeing what gives.

5. Sometimes the secret walk-through walls lead to the old guys robbing you.

So yeah, I hate it. I also don't remember where all the stuff is, like I usually do in the first quest, so I have to do more of a brute force search. Or I could look it up on GameFAQS, but that's for chumps.

edit: I also tried doing a Swordless run for the first quest. I got bored of it. After beating a couple levels I'm just like "man, forget this."

Also, another thing to hate on 2nd quest: You have to use the flute in your searching for things. In the first quest, the flute was just something you used for travel or to find a new stage, in the second, you have to use it on a lot of screens to find stuff, and unfortunately, the things you find don't stay found like they do when you move a rock or blow something up or burn something to reveal it. So it's like, you get the flute early on, and you try it everywhere. Everywhere.

Malfeasinator
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: this guy

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Wisdom tooth gum paaaiiinnn ;~;

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Maize » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

octoberpumpkin wrote:Wisdom tooth gum paaaiiinnn ;~;

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Pumpkin}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Hopefully the crushing force of those hugs takes your mind off of your gum pain♡

I use Boost for my phone plan. I called customer service to see if something was wrong with my account, since I couldn't activate Hotspot or see any options to add on gigs. The rep said he couldn't activate Hotspot with my current plan and asked if I wanted to upgrade to their other option. I did this and checked my bank account to see if the payment went through. What was charged didn't add up to what I estimated it to be, so I checked my phone transaction history. It looked like they charged me for two separate "customer care fees". I figured that was like their "convenience fee" but I didn't get why I was charged twice. I called back and asked why I was charged that amount. Rep tried to explain to me that the first fee was for trying to see if my original plan could use hotspot and the second was to set up the new plan. I asked him why would I be charged a fee the first time when that service wasn't even available on my plan. He tried to tell me I was confused and that I have to pay taxes, which to me sounded like he was being condescending. He eventually spoke to his manager, and they credited my account for both fees. I'm annoyed that the rep thought I was an idiot that didn't know about taxes. I'm also embarrassed that I turned into a stuttering mess the longer I spoke with him.

Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm

I ordered a new laptop from Amazon on Wednesday because my current one is literally falling to pieces. Two-day shipping, guaranteed delivery on Friday. Awesome.

I've had my account locked twice, I've had to talk to customer service three times to verify that yes it's really me, and then they declined my bank account.

So on the fifth attempt today, Sunday morning, my laptop shipped. With two-day shipping it will get here 6 days after I ordered it, and meanwhile I'm posting this on my work computer because my laptop isn't really doing internet anymore. Screw you, Jeff Bezos.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:13 pm

How is two-day shipping turning into six? Do they realize that that's an oxymoron and perhaps they should I don't know, get rid of it or something?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:How is two-day shipping turning into six? Do they realize that that's an oxymoron and perhaps they should I don't know, get rid of it or something?

Because it took them four days to decide it was a legit purchase and not a hacker sending stuff to my house with my debit card.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Tuli » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Just as I was leaving the house today morning, I managed to slam my left elbow into the door in a very painful way (basically I hit it where all the nerves are). So now my elbow is still sore, providing me an excuse to not go to the gym today.

Tuli
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Experimental Protrude

Postby RainyDays » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:01 am

Sent an email to a teacher. I was nervous about misspelling her last name in the greeting, so I went back to the class page to find the syllabus and double check.

Got it right. Cool. Clicked send, with her name spelled definitely absolutely correctly. Only then realized I had ended the email by misspelling my own first name.

RainyDays
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:22 am

That feels when you wake up at 2 am for no reason and can't fall back alseep

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:I hate minor annoyances.

*looks pointedly at Deathclaw_Puncher*

Hate Week, is there anything hateyier?

Get out, this thread is for minor annoyances, not major ones.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 am

Wow Toy. One would think you pulled Ashley as your hate week victim, I mean, partner.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 pm

My computer's OS is too old to run Steam. As well as a few other programs.

I really wanted to play Dream Daddy, guys. :(

My laptop runs okay for the most part, though it is slower than it used to be and has some issues with graphics. Plus it's also seven years old, so it's had a decent lifespan (especially given the number of times I may or may not have dropped it).

Since a decent chunk of my annual pay is commissions, and most of those come in around the end of the year, I'm thinking I may wait until January and spring for a new laptop. I feel like I need to be proactive and just do it instead of waiting for this one to crash on me and I get taken unawares.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby IamNotCreepy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:00 pm

So, my friend had an extra ticket for the pre-season Jaguars game. He lives on the opposite side of town, so I carpooled with my in-laws who were also going to the game (MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL).

For some reason, my father-in-law decided that instead of parking near the stadium and paying $10-20 (depending on how close) he wanted to park for free and have us take the shuttle. Which costs $8 per person.

So, instead of us each pay $2-4, we paid a lot more. It completely defeated the purpose of carpooling.

I know, it's petty, but that's why it's a minor annoyance. I can't really complain because I got a free ticket.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

PreviousNext