Minor annoyances

Discussion, in general

Re: Minor annoyances

Postby cmsellers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:32 am

DashaBlade wrote:HEB brand meat is just gross, sellers. The meat that isn't gamey is full of fat, tasteless, or disturbingly overspiced to the point where you know they're just trying to hide the rotten taste. You have to come to terms with this if you plan to continue to live in Texas. Either find name brand stuff or buy your meat somewhere else, because what you save in store-brand prices, you spend in Pepto Bismol for the after effects.

Trader Joe's meat is decent and decently price, but Trader Joe's is now 20 minutes away with traffic and parking accounted for. There's a butcher by my house which has better prices AND quality than HEB, but they only take cash and you have to call ahead before 10 AM (or come in before 10 AM) if you want a roast.

Alas! If only I could just magically get over my depression. Then hour shopping trips, visits to the cash machine, making phone calls, and leaving the house before 10 AM wouldn't all seem so daunting.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:40 am

jbobsully11 wrote:
BROWNRECLUSE wrote:But yes, their ads are insufferable. I'd probably not mind it if they brought back the Caveman part-time (I found that guy entertaining, just not enough to warrant a TV series), but everything else they put out can go suck the root.

Wait. You like the cavemen better than this? *shuns BR*

(I mean, I agree that they've overdone just about every ad campaign they've ever had, but seriously?)

Okay, Hump Day was good too.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:04 am

cmsellers wrote:
DashaBlade wrote:HEB brand meat is just gross, sellers. The meat that isn't gamey is full of fat, tasteless, or disturbingly overspiced to the point where you know they're just trying to hide the rotten taste. You have to come to terms with this if you plan to continue to live in Texas. Either find name brand stuff or buy your meat somewhere else, because what you save in store-brand prices, you spend in Pepto Bismol for the after effects.

Trader Joe's meat is decent and decently price, but Trader Joe's is now 20 minutes away with traffic and parking accounted for. There's a butcher by my house which has better prices AND quality than HEB, but they only take cash and you have to call ahead before 10 AM (or come in before 10 AM) if you want a roast.

Alas! If only I could just magically get over my depression. Then hour shopping trips, visits to the cash machine, making phone calls, and leaving the house before 10 AM wouldn't all seem so daunting.

From what I hear, just play Pokemon Go, and you'll find yourself outside. Maybe you'll even find yourself outside of the ATM, and then the butcher's shop! It's a magical time!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:06 pm

"People who bought the $24 necklace you're looking at also bought this $19 000 set of earrings. We swear."

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Last edited by FaceTheCitizen on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby cmsellers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Toy wrote:"People who bought the $24 necklace you're looking at also bought this $19 000 set of earrings. We swear."

Obviously the necklace was a gift for the wife and the earrings were a gift for the mistress.

You know, for someone who claims to understand men better than I do...

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:00 pm

It wound up being fine, but almost had a heart attack today when my boss asked me, "Say, do you really need an account to use [website I use literally every day]? You'd be find if I gave it to the new person, right?"

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby cmsellers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:17 pm

My jaw--which always clicks when I chew with my left side--is now clicking whenever I open and close it. I think it's probably related to the ear infection I have somehow, but still, it's annoying to have a nearly-constant popping feeling and sound.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 pm

"File name huehuehue.jpg already exists. Overwrite?"

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby Revolving Royal » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Fresh socks just pulled from the dryer and one of them has a hole in the toe.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby PSTN » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Toy wrote:"File name huehuehue.jpg already exists. Overwrite?"

I think all file managers and save dialogue boxes should have an option to increment the file name. So you'd have "huehuehue.jpg already exists. Overwrite? Discard? Increment (huehuehue_1.jpg)?"

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby Sekhmet » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:10 am

I am tired of reading "That base is so cakey", "That doesn't look natural" or "Why do you use so much makeup?" comments on drag makeup videos. Of course the base is heavy and features are overdrawn, if you’re painting for the back row you need to be seen and it doesn't matter if you look a bit unreal. I would understand it if the videos were labelled natural or day or fishy or on a channel that normally does beauty makeup but come on. If the thumbnail looks like a drag queen, the model is a drag queen and the title includes drag you shouldn't be surprised that the outcome is a bit dramatic.

So remember, If the women don’t find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. –Red Green
Sekhmet
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Maize » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:07 am

I got bit by a couple of mosquitoes last night :/ One area is significantly swollen and itchy. The other looks like a knob and is right above my elbow. I put some alcohol on it before work, so hopefully the swelling goes down.

I guess in general I feel grumpy and tired but maybe I'll get adjusted to working late eventually.

Maize
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Okay so we finally have the funds to pay off my last semester at school, and I go to pay online like usual, and it won't let me D: And they won't let me sign up for next semester until I pay this one off and the classes are filling up and AAAARGGHHSHSSJKHAJSHAK

So I called the business office and left a message. STRESSSSS

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby Kate » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:46 am

So one way or another, two weeks from now I should no longer be pregnant because they don't want to let me go past 41 weeks. Yay!

EXCEPT THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO and my pelvis hurts too much for me to actually do anything useful.

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

PreviousNext